PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-15-2013, 03:45 PM #22
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XsolodoloX View Post
its hard to play semi with kids shooting ramping . maybe nearly impossible ? Im sure some online gangster can do it but not me .
No it isn't. At all.

Use a little trigger control and your brain to outsmart them.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:53 PM #23
-Lightning-
Be the thunder

-Lightning- is playing at Living Legends VI
-Lightning- has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
-Lightning- has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
-Lightning- supports DLX Technology
I used to be a "ramper" but semi auto one finger is so much more fun, and, you dont have to worry about renters getting mad at you. It's also fun to watch try hards accuse you of cheating when you pop them one!
-Lightning- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:57 PM #24
floridapbguy

^^^^I agree, nothing like being a weekend warrior and seeing the guy using 5 pods a game get mad cuz you shot him using only half a hopper
floridapbguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:13 PM #25
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by XsolodoloX View Post
its hard to play semi with kids shooting ramping . maybe nearly impossible ? Im sure some online gangster can do it but not me .
I too find that statement confusing.

Capped ramping is 12.5. You can hit that on semi easily with a modern electro. You're not at a rof disadvantage at all. If you have people ramping uncapped that's a different story but presumably your field has refs that are smart enough to not let anyone do that.

If you're talking about trying to play with a mech gun in airball then yes that will be harder (though with your comment about shooting 8 pods a game I somehow doubt you're running a mech gun).
Old 02-16-2013, 05:34 PM #26
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
If you're talking about trying to play with a mech gun in airball then yes that will be harder (though with your comment about shooting 8 pods a game I somehow doubt you're running a mech gun).
Like I got called a troll for, he obviously lacks the mental capacity to realize that you CAN control how much paint you put out.

It's also apparent that OP doesn't know how to walk a trigger as well.

EΔRL
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:55 PM #27
NightKreeper

NightKreeper is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
NightKreeper plays in the PSP
NightKreeper plays in the APPA D4 division
Wiggling your fingers is not a skill and has nothing to do with how good you are at paintball
Planet Eclipse
G.I. Sportz
V-Force
Exalt
NightKreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:00 PM #28
trevor s (Banned)
CountryBaller6

trevor s supports DLX Technology
well when ur fingers are faster than ramp an ppl think ur raming its funny it happens to me all the time...
trevor s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:10 PM #29
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightKreeper View Post
Wiggling your fingers is not a skill and has nothing to do with how good you are at paintball
It's not just "wiggling your fingers", that's an ignorant statement. How fast you can shoot depends a lot on how you adjust your trigger, and takes a ton of practice to get right; especially in a game when you're pumping with adrenaline and running around.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:29 PM #30
edwardadkins3
Trashcan Mode [ON]

edwardadkins3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
edwardadkins3 is an NCPA player
edwardadkins3 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
edwardadkins3 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Why does everybody assume that ramping makes it so that you don't have to aim or snap shoot? Why does everybody also assume that ramping automatically forces you to blow through 15 cases a game? It's not that hard to conserve paint if you really want to. If anything it makes the sport competitive and level at the same time. Honestly, the "old days" weren't as glorious as they were made out to be.

Last edited by edwardadkins3 : 02-16-2013 at 10:32 PM.
edwardadkins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:44 PM #31
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardadkins3 View Post
Why does everybody assume that ramping makes it so that you don't have to aim or snap shoot? Why does everybody also assume that ramping automatically forces you to blow through 15 cases a game? It's not that hard to conserve paint if you really want to. If anything it makes the sport competitive and level at the same time. Honestly, the "old days" weren't as glorious as they were made out to be.
^^^

EΔRL
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:29 PM #32
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
ive only hear noobs/people that suck say ramping=no skill or complain about ramping.
PMR Frame/Board F/s
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:40 PM #33
Bush Wookie
???

Bush Wookie plays in the APPA beginner division
Bush Wookie has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bush Wookie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bush Wookie has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bush Wookie has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bush Wookie has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I don't think ramping really makes a difference
Bush Wookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:52 PM #34
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Ramping whiners are annoying. I play uncapped semi against people shooting regulation CXBL (15.4 bps 3 shot) all the time. The game is not about how fast you can shoot, it's about where you move and your timing. Most of the time I'm shooting faster than they are, just in shorter bursts.

Bottom line is if a guy's going to sit on a lane for 8 pods, then moving through it is going to be just as hard whether he's ramping or shooting semi. This is where you use your brain and some teamwork to get him off the lane for long enough that you can move. It's not rocket science, it's basic paintball skills & tactics.

Last edited by SNAKESNIPER : 02-17-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:54 PM #35
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy

Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends VII
jonotwist plays in the APPA D4 division
jonotwist supports Empire
zI just hate the fact that 3 balls are wasted on the inside of my bunker when opposing players want to get cheeky against a back/mid man.

Breakout Actions Sports Wenies Buy Elsewhere
jonotwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:24 PM #36
Tryfan

Someday limited paint on the field will be enforced as the new normal and this issue will immediately vanish.
Tryfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:53 AM #37
JohnSherman

Annual Supporting Member
JohnSherman posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryfan View Post
Someday limited paint on the field will be enforced as the new normal and this issue will immediately vanish.
Lol, no.
JohnSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:31 AM #38
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryfan View Post
Sadly, that won't ever happen. You are correct in that it would solve a lot of overshooting/bonus-balling issues and would level the playing field much further than anything we've seen so far (in terms of rich people vs. budget players).

But almost everybody thinks the game is more fun with more paint in the air. I know differently, because I've played both ways. Yet people born into the current generation of paintball are reluctant to try anything but high-volume play.

As for the issue of ramping itself; I consider myself at an advantage not using it. While I can listen and tell where all of my opponents are on the field due to their incessant firing, they must guess as to my whereabouts because I have a quiet gun and only shoot at full rof when laning someone or have a high likelihood of getting someone out. For everything in between, I can tailor my firing rate to exactly what the situation calls for -- which prevents unneeded telegraphing of my intentions and means that I'm reloading less often, avoiding the need to pod-up at a bad time.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:37 AM #39
milando123654

Yes! I agree!
milando123654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:39 AM #40
milando123654

I agree! I do 12.5 and only go through about 1500 rounds
milando123654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:16 PM #41
MenosDaBear

MenosDaBear owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I have played both formats and personally enjoy semi more. I think people are looking at the wrong factors when they compare ramping and semi. ROF isn't the main factor here. The main factor is that I can lay paint very fast down the field, by slowly pulling with one finger. This changes a few elements of the game.
Shooting lanes is one of them. Its much easier to shoot a consistant lane down the field off break, while running full speed. I can also keep a lane/keep someone in, easer while pulling out a pod to reload. The need to be ambidextrous also becomes much less. It's very easy to get a whole bunch of paint flying without any practice, using your non-dominant hand. Yes, these are things that can be done on semi by anyone... with practice and work. The need to put in the time isn't there anymore.

I'm not saying ramping needs to go, or that I don't play using it once in a while. I'm also not trying to say that these are the only aspects of the game that matter. I'm just tired of seeing these ramping/no ramping threads with bps as the only argument.
MenosDaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:49 AM #42
Twiddle

There's three different things being brought up here - ramping, semi, and paint consumption. Lets clear this up right away, in competitive play whether you ramp or play semi, you still shoot a lot of paint.

One of the biggest things for ramping is that it levels the playing field - you know all of the trouble NPPL had/has with cheater boards? Not the PSP. Ramping players still need all the same skill sets as semi players (besides having fast fingers). What's nice about ramping is that it lets you be able to do things that you'll never be able to do in semi = crawling down a snake while shooting the tape effectively, holding lanes while podding, etc.

In terms of paintball with high paint consumption - holding lanes is an important aspect of the game, and you can't do that properly if you're not shooting enough. If your far across the field and trying to hold me from bumping up by one-balling / baiting, I will gain dominance easily.