Community Focus

Old 01-29-2013, 06:30 PM #1
shokertm

shokertm owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
shokertm supports Team VICIOUS
shokertm has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
shokertm supports DLX Technology
G6r Tuning issues?

Having issues Tuning my g6r.. I tried lurkers method, but I ended up at 100 on the hpr. and I know thats not right.

My QC says Hpr200 Lpr75, This is a 2k11 with im sure more than 100k shots through it, so it's well broken in.. any help on tuning? Im not worried about consistency I only carry 6 pods, don't need much more than that. Im just looking for the smoothest shot possible..
EDIT:Just discovered by ripping it apart it's a lp poppit..

So Can someone tell me how to tune the marker to get the smoothest shot possible?

Please don't refer me to the lurker, I've tried it a few times and can't seem to figure it out. and theres no how-to's on youtube

EDIT(PROBLEM RESOLVED)
So I went to the field today, Shooting like a dream. About 90% as smooth as my luxe. Managed to find an inbetween for the pressures, Since the Lurker method just wasn't working for me. I ended up with 67(A tiny hair above 65)/172(Halfway between 170/175) and this is with a lp poppit. I started at 75/200, Then lowered the hpr until it was smooth as hell, Then I ended up having to lower the lpr to set the chrono as I was shooting like 315.

In the end, It's good to start with 80/200 then lower till you find a nice spot, What worked for me is tolower hpr first then go with lpr to set to the field. I hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

GEARBAG SALE EVERYTHING PRICED TO SELL

Last edited by shokertm : 01-30-2013 at 10:54 PM.
shokertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:44 PM #2
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
100psi on the HPR is very low..

Start with the manual recommended settings and go from there.

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:45 PM #3
shokertm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
100psi on the HPR is very low..

Start with the manual recommended settings and go from there.
What does go from there mean?

Old 01-29-2013, 06:45 PM #4
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
The lurker method is the right way though you stopped too early. IIRC the 360 regs have two plateau points (I'm almost positive Lurker or someone else far more knowledgeable than I am posted explaining why that is somewhere), you have to keep going past the first one to get to the "real" sweetspot.

It's also possible the gauges in your tester are bad but I would be surprised if those gauges had as high a failure rate as so many other people seem to believe so I'd try the lurker method again and go past 100 psi and see if you reach another point where velocity stops increasing.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:55 PM #5
shokertm

the dwell was at 4, Bumped it back up to 6.. Could that help?

Old 01-29-2013, 06:57 PM #6
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by shokertm View Post
the dwell was at 4, Bumped it back up to 6.. Could that help?
Yes, very much.

Quote:
What does go from there mean?
It means set your pressures to what is in the manual, and tune your marker from there. If you set the pressure to what is in the manual and your marker is shooting low, adjust as needed. If it's shooting hot, adjust as needed. Very simple to do.

Last edited by gamer565 : 01-29-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:04 PM #7
shokertm

Quote:
Yes, very much.

It means set your pressures to what is in the manual, and tune your marker from there. If you set the pressure to what is in the manual and your marker is shooting low, adjust as needed. If it's shooting hot, adjust as needed. Very simple to do.
But thats not going to sweet spot it, simply set the marker to the right chrono rating.. Im looking to Make it as smooth as possible.. When adjusting to chrono do I use the hpr or the lpr?

Old 01-29-2013, 07:10 PM #8
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is Boss
No, but who ever said not sweetspotting your marker still won't make it smooth...

If you do not know how to adjust your velocity, I would advise reading the manual or selling the marker...

Old 01-29-2013, 07:15 PM #9
paintballer37991
DedicationMakesGreatness

paintballer37991 is a Supporting Member
paintballer37991 is BST Legit
paintballer37991 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post

It's also possible the gauges in your tester are bad but I would be surprised if those gauges had as high a failure rate as so many other people seem to believe so I'd try the lurker method again and go past 100 psi and see if you reach another point where velocity stops increasing.
I fixed a G6R at the field this weekend and his tester had bad gauges giving off completely wrong readings.
paintballer37991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:20 PM #10
shokertm

Quote:
No, but who ever said not sweetspotting your marker still won't make it smooth...

If you do not know how to adjust your velocity, I would advise reading the manual or selling the marker...

I've heard of adjusting the velocity both ways, thats why I was asking.

Im only asking for any ideas on how to make it as smooth as possible, I can chrono it all day once I set it to 75/200 psi. Doesn't make it smooth.

If you have nothing to truly contribute, Go away.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:15 PM #11
minimag03

minimag03 is an NCPA player
minimag03 plays in the APPA D5 division
Do you have a LP poppit? I've heard they are suppose to make the gun a lot smoother at the cost of some efficiency. Since you're only looking to get 6 pods and a hopper, it sounds like a very worthwhile upgrade.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:32 PM #12
shokertm

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
Do you have a LP poppit? I've heard they are suppose to make the gun a lot smoother at the cost of some efficiency. Since you're only looking to get 6 pods and a hopper, it sounds like a very worthwhile upgrade.
On my factory pressure card(the one that says pressures) It has in bob's handwriting "stock LP Poppit" So I pulled the marker apart and the stem is aluminum and not brass.. Does that mean it's actually a lp poppit?
(I also have a luxe and usually cap out at about 8 pods total-smoothest shot- and thats why Im not looking to shoot more, because I'm used to holding only 6 pods)
I figure with the most smoothest and accurate shots(paint bore matching) I at the least should be able to get 10 pods off a 68/3000(local fields wont fill to 4500 unless a tourny I believe)

Im just looking to find what the "average" pressures are with a lp poppit

Old 01-29-2013, 08:44 PM #13
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is Boss
All markers are different and require different needs.

Getting a "average" pressure still won't help as there are many factors that will effect pressure. This if why is you sweet spot the regs for that specific marker..

Old 01-29-2013, 09:18 PM #14
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
If smoothness is the only goal, raise dwell and drop both HPR and LPR. Both matter in what you feel but I'd focus a little more on LPR than HPR pressure.

If I were looking only for minimal kick I'd set to factory settings, bump up dwell 2ms, and chrono. You should be shooting hot at this point. I'd back down the LPR a little first, and then drop the HPR a little. See which makes more difference in what you feel. If you're testing over the chrono, you can see if a 5-10 psi drop in the LPR makes more difference than a drop in HPR. Go from there until you're happy. There isn't a single "minimal kick" setting for all markers. In general, lower pressures over a longer period of time feel like less kick in hand. You also tend to run less efficient this way, but 6 pods out of a full fill should be something even the least efficient setup on a G6r should be capable of doing that. If you want to try more, bump dwell a little more and see what you get. Only way to know it to try.

I think the marker kicks little enough at complete factory settings, especially with the LP poppet. I would simply set it to all factory settings, HPR/LPR/dwell, and shoot it as is.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:21 PM #15
Redsst

Redsst is a Supporting Member
I think I understand what the OP is asking. Both the LPR and HPR can raise your fps. But for the smoothest shot, which one should be lowered? You can get the same desired fps with a high LPR/low HPR and a high HPR/low LPR. Which of the two gives the smoothest shot? Which reg has the most effect on kick?
Redsst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:31 PM #16
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsst View Post
I think I understand what the OP is asking. Both the LPR and HPR can raise your fps. But for the smoothest shot, which one should be lowered? You can get the same desired fps with a high LPR/low HPR and a high HPR/low LPR. Which of the two gives the smoothest shot? Which reg has the most effect on kick?
Both have an effect although the most noticeable is the lpr as it effects the force in the cycle. The HPR will effect how the ball is accelerated which will also be felt and also how loud a shot is. Dwell also has an effect on how a gun can feel and sound while shooting.You want a balance between all three for best results. Dwell 6, Lpr at 75 and hpr at 190 are good starting points.

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : 01-29-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:59 PM #17
shokertm

Quote:
All markers are different and require different needs.

Getting a "average" pressure still won't help as there are many factors that will effect pressure. This if why is you sweet spot the regs for that specific marker..
Im asking for an average number, Because if im shooting a lp poppit and the sweet spot ends up at say 95 on the lpr, then something is wrong. Which is why I was asking what an "average" reading would be, again. Nothing to contribute, just go away.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:02 AM #18
shokertm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
Both have an effect although the most noticeable is the lpr as it effects the force in the cycle. The HPR will effect how the ball is accelerated which will also be felt and also how loud a shot is. Dwell also has an effect on how a gun can feel and sound while shooting.You want a balance between all three for best results. Dwell 6, Lpr at 75 and hpr at 190 are good starting points.
I'll start at this, and I'll probably end up dropping the hpr to around 180, then drop the lpw to 65ish, then chrono. At 6 dwell that should read pretty good results(based on what I've managed to come up with in the past psi's and such)

Old 01-30-2013, 12:18 AM #19
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is Boss
Quote:
Im asking for an average number, Because if im shooting a lp poppit and the sweet spot ends up at say 95 on the lpr, then something is wrong. Which is why I was asking what an "average" reading would be, again. Nothing to contribute, just go away.
And why would you think something is wrong?

If you sweetspotted your regs correctly and that's where your Lpr pressure ended up at, then that's what that marker needs to operate at (provided your gauges are reading correctly). If you didn't do it correctly then you will have bad results over the chrono.

Btw - Lp poppet is not intended for lowering the Lpr pressure as many believe to think.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:56 AM #20
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
I'll start at this, and I'll probably end up dropping the hpr to around 180, then drop the lpw to 65ish, then chrono. At 6 dwell that should read pretty good results(based on what I've managed to come up with in the past psi's and such)
Sounds good that is around where my pressures are at right now. If you start there, you can simply play with the lpr and dwell some and judge if it effects your shot to shot consistency when you lower them. If it does not, than simply run it lower.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:53 PM #21
shokertm

So I went to the field today, Shooting like a dream. About 90% as smooth as my luxe. Managed to find an inbetween for the pressures, Since the Lurker method just wasn't working for me. I ended up with 67(A tiny hair above 65)/172(Halfway between 170/175) and this is with a lp poppit. I started at 75/200, Then lowered the hpr until it was smooth as hell, Then I ended up having to lower the lpr to set the chrono as I was shooting like 315.

In the end, It's good to start with 80/200 then lower till you find a nice spot, What worked for me is tolower hpr first then go with lpr to set to the field. I hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.