Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 12:45 PM #148
SHOOT3R USA
LIFT. RUN. SHOOT.

SHOOT3R USA is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by giants57 View Post
We have the number 1 JUCO defensive end on campus today, I'm not going to go full Tater and say he's a lock, but he really likes it here and has been impressed with the facilities all day. I wish he would of came last Friday when we had a lot of recruits visiting us, it was a great weekend. But I think the future is bright. 6'5 275 and listed as running a 4.7 40.
TL;DR: Big 12, prepare your anus.
Totally bad you're an Ohio State ****** now

"IF YOU want to be the ULTIMATE predator you're gonna have to RAMP IT UP cause this is a RACE that NEVER ENDS"
-Cameron Hanes
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2013, 01:15 PM #149
giants57

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOT3R USA View Post
Totally bad you're an Ohio State ****** now
I'm not transferring, like I said would happen my dad won't pay the extra money which I can't blame him for. I'm very appreciative for what my parents do for me in supporting me for my education. I like WVU but just wanted to maybe test the water when I found out Ohio State was going to start offering my undergrad. I did and figured I'm better off where I'm at.
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

"Originally posted by Ly$ol: Sometimes I feel bad when I lead a ***** on, but hey it's a numbers game."
Old 01-30-2013, 02:00 PM #150
SHOOT3R USA
LIFT. RUN. SHOOT.

SHOOT3R USA is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Paging Dr. Kolder

For the past few weeks I've had a pretty uneasy stomach. It doesn't hurt but it's definitely not right. I constantly feel like I have to **** and I've been ****ting like 4 times a day, which isn't normal for me.

When I do **** it isn't diarrhea per say but it's is definitely a little too liquidy.

wat rong? how fix?

"IF YOU want to be the ULTIMATE predator you're gonna have to RAMP IT UP cause this is a RACE that NEVER ENDS"
-Cameron Hanes
Old 01-30-2013, 02:01 PM #151
tater_salad (Banned)

Quote:
@JShankerESPN

Tyler Boyd's Mother, Tonya Payne: "I would support my son but I won't agree with the decision [to go to WVU]."

@JShankerESPN

Pitt committ Tyler Boyd is looking hard at WVU, a school his mother disapproves.

Maybe mom likes UT better? Honestly I think she is really pushing for him to stay in state.
@giants
Old 01-30-2013, 02:04 PM #152
the other one
World Peace

has been a member for 10 years
the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Oregon: ”I loved Oregon. If someone says they don’t love Oregon, they’re lying. Unless they’re from Oregon. I really loved everything. The facilities. They have great players, great coaches. All of that. But for me, that was just too far.”
Said by Florida commit 5* Vernon Hargreaves III.

We really need to just ask a simple question of "are you okay with being far away from home?" Before anything.

I blog.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:10 PM #153
tater_salad (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post

We really need to just ask a simple question of "are you okay with being far away from home?" Before anything.
The #1 reason LeGarrette Blount picked Oregon was because he liked their jerseys.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:10 PM #154
giants57

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater_salad View Post
@giants
Dana doing in home visit on Friday. Also, he's a grown *** man. He can make his own decision. I figure the visit will go a little something like this.

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

"Originally posted by Ly$ol: Sometimes I feel bad when I lead a ***** on, but hey it's a numbers game."
Old 01-30-2013, 02:11 PM #155
Imnothungry

Ron Jeremy in critical condition...oh please Tebow help him pull out of it!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 02:27 PM #156
the other one
World Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater_salad View Post
The #1 reason LeGarrette Blount picked Oregon was because he liked their jerseys.
...whatever works, I guess.

I read somewhere that the largest deciding factor for most recruits is proximity to home.

I blog.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:30 PM #157
Imnothungry

i dont know why the **** you would want to go somewhere close to home over somewhere that is a better school/program. **** it unless i was going to start at OSU my freshman year im going to USC or Texas if they recruited me. why the hell would you miss out on a chance to see something different while you still have a chance?

Last edited by Imnothungry : 01-30-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:41 PM #158
the other one
World Peace

It's probably got a lot to do with which teams they grew up fans of. If I was from Tennessee, I'd probably have grown up dreaming of playing at Tennessee, and that's a strong pull, even if getting offers from Bama/tOSU/Oregon/Florida/etc..

In other news:

Not sure how I feel about these. I like that they're keeping the wing design, but the metallic green doesn't match any current uniforms.....which means they could go straight overboard next year with uniform colors.

I was happy this year for the most part, with simpler color schemes as a whole. They didn't do anything too crazy. This may be over the line.

I blog.

Last edited by the other one : 01-30-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:49 PM #159
SmartyJones
Best in the World

SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by automagsrule View Post
Hey smarty, has cena ever don a real serious, extended heel turn? It always annoyed me when people made their whole career playing one role, especially when it feels as forced as john cenas character does. Its one thing when a guy is a fan favorite because he just seems like a good dude and is fun to watch like RVD or someone, bit Cena has always just come off as unbelievable (bad acting in pro wrestling? Ermagerd!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by giants57 View Post
Cena was a heel early on in his career when he referred to himself as "The Doctor of Thuganomics", he had a feud with the Undertaker where he was a heel. I miss middle school.
Yeah, he hasn't been a heel since he turned face after thuganomics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by automagsrule View Post
Oh yeah. Before his feud with lesnar he was kind of a punk. I think it just comes down to him being a ****ty actor though. It might be my nostalgia talking but I think the showmanship in general has fallen amongst wrestlers. I think it largely has to do with the death of WCW. With no serious competition, WWE has been able to coast a bit.
A former writer for WWE gave an interview last year some time. He said Cena was willing to turn heel but Vince was reluctant to pull the trigger just yet because of all the stuff he does for the company. Not just being the top face, but all the promotions, the Make a Wish foundation stuff, et cetera. Apparently nobody else comes close to doing as much as he does with everything. They're supposedly trying to make Sheamus into a top face, and he's doing a lot outside of the ring too. We'll probably eventually see a Cena heel turn, but I don't see it for at least a year or more.

A lot of the ridiculousness of his character is part of a bigger issue with WWE Creative and the way they write faces and heels nowadays. If you watch consistently, you'll notice that the main event faces almost never lose clean, and main event heels always cheat to win. I mean, there should be some of that but the extent they go to with it now just undermines the product and makes it too predictable. Back in the late '90s and early '00s you had heels who won clean and it didn't discredit the faces at all it just gave heels more heat and made matches more unpredictable. Contrast that to recently where the only heels to win clean in recent memory are Big Show, Mark Henry, and Brock Lesnar. That kind of mindset has really undermined the credibility of guys like Alberto Del Rio during his heel run, CM Punk ever since he's been a heel, and even Dolph Ziggler to some extent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Dogg View Post
Oh good lord. Brian Kelly saying that the te'o fiasco knocked him off his game causing the loss? Manti could have played at his wannabe heisman level and they would still be rolled.
Lol, this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnothungry View Post
i dont know why the **** you would want to go somewhere close to home over somewhere that is a better school/program. **** it unless i was going to start at OSU my freshman year im going to USC or Texas if they recruited me. why the hell would you miss out on a chance to see something different while you still have a chance?
If I had no affinity for a certain school I would certainly choose to go closer to home if I were a top recruit. That's just me though. I'm close with my family and I think it would be cool if people who knew my all my life got to come see me play on a regular basis.
2009 STS Most Accurate Poster of the Year
2010 STS:F MVP

XBL - noarmsduck
Old 01-30-2013, 04:49 PM #160
fuhrer325 (Banned)
I'm cooler than you

Quote:

You realize this is actually one of the first things coaches ask when they recruit a kid from far away right?
Old 01-30-2013, 05:15 PM #161
the other one
World Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhrer325 View Post
You realize this is actually one of the first things coaches ask when they recruit a kid from far away right?
...then I don't understand the kid's comments I quoted earlier. Either they didn't pay attention, or he lied to them.

I blog.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:44 PM #162
sirX
The next Jeremy Salm

sirX donated to help Peyton Trent
sirX supports Team VICIOUS
sirX is reppin' sidebar 4 life
sirX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Because it would make perfect sense for them to just give up on a recruit because he doesn't want to be far away from mommy?

If they can wow them enough with their nice facilities, uniforms, and white women, they can override the recruits desire to not go somewhere far away.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:49 PM #163
FL07
On High Alert

Isn't it also possible that the recruit assumes he will be ok far away, but then misses home once he gets there? I mean what HS kid has spent months away from their family before?
Old 01-30-2013, 06:13 PM #164
Imnothungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL07 View Post
Isn't it also possible that the recruit assumes he will be ok far away, but then misses home once he gets there? I mean what HS kid has spent months away from their family before?
that kind of happened with marcus dupree (and a whole lot of other ****). seriously, if you have not seen his 30 for 30 drop what you are doing and watch it immediately. that guy was nothing less than awe inspiring.

on 30 for 30, i kind of want to see a Mike Oher one done. yea the movie was made and **** but id like to see the real story strait from all the players.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:15 PM #165
mrchuck234
Return of the King

mrchuck234 plays in the PSP
The Dupree 30 for 30 was amazing
Old 01-30-2013, 06:23 PM #166
Imnothungry

Yea, ive never seen anyone run like that dude. the term freak did not do him justice. what really hit me was when he got out of shape after the injury then worked back into bronze god status by himself in his garage.

it also shows how outside greed can completely **** an incredible talent
Old 01-30-2013, 06:25 PM #167
casultytosociety
BlacMac

Quote:
...then I don't understand the kid's comments I quoted earlier. Either they didn't pay attention, or he lied to them.
why cant you love a school, but not want to go there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL07 View Post
kids who go to sleep away camp
Old 01-30-2013, 06:27 PM #168
automagsrule
LOIC

How come I prepare better vegan meals than my vegan wife? Is it because vegans suck or because women suck?

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
Closed Thread