PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 02:19 PM #379
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
1.1Ghz and an 11.6" screen to use Office? She's going to want to shoot herself.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2013, 02:20 PM #380
Imnothungry

well yea, that is pretty awful lol
Old 02-02-2013, 02:21 PM #381
F1VENOM

Oh if I zoom out to 50% I can see column Z! It only took 5 minute to zoom out.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 02-02-2013, 02:22 PM #382
SHOOT3R USA
LIFT. RUN. SHOOT.

SHOOT3R USA is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Dont **** with me lol I don't know what I'm talking about
Old 02-02-2013, 02:23 PM #383
F1VENOM

You're stuck at $250 or $500?

My phone has a dual core 1.5Ghz processor and it's a ****ing PHONE.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:26 PM #384
SHOOT3R USA
LIFT. RUN. SHOOT.

I'd like to spend, at most, ~$500
Old 02-02-2013, 02:27 PM #385
SHOOT3R USA
LIFT. RUN. SHOOT.

I shouldn't have posted. You guys make it to confusing. I don't know all this technical ****. I'm never even going to use this computer lol

Last edited by SHOOT3R USA : 02-02-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:31 PM #386
F1VENOM

Pick one.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_...nid=1248877011
Old 02-02-2013, 02:36 PM #387
SHOOT3R USA
LIFT. RUN. SHOOT.

I would guess
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0098O...837151&sr=1-16
Old 02-02-2013, 02:40 PM #388
F1VENOM

Looks fine and like someone else said you can always increase to 8gigs of ram for $40 but you won't need it.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:48 PM #389
SHOOT3R USA
LIFT. RUN. SHOOT.

Quote:
Looks fine and like someone else said you can always increase to 8gigs of ram for $40 but you won't need it.
Order placed, hope the gf likes it.

Im going to tell her I spent her half of the money on scratch off tickets and booze then surprise her on vday

I think this was a better option than the chromebook

Last edited by SHOOT3R USA : 02-02-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:49 PM #390
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2

Quote:
Mine has a 1.7 Samsung Exynos ARM Processor (see: for tablets and phones) and it kicks *** on a regular basis.

When you don't have all that bloatware **** running in the background, as you do on Windows, things are much different.

Quote:
Oh if I zoom out to 50% I can see column Z! It only took 5 minute to zoom out.
You keep telling yourself that, and continue spending three times as much money to browse PBN with the exact same experience.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:03 PM #391
F1VENOM

Yeah, because people only use laptops to browse the internet.

You run Excel on your chromebook?
Old 02-02-2013, 03:05 PM #392
Subucni
GOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnothungry View Post
Have you done the Birthright trip thing to Israel? my lady friend just got on a plane to NYC and she is leaving tomorrow. seriously sounds like an amazing experience and i was kind of curious if it is like a religious thing or a kind of see the country/party up type thing. she has not done anything jewish since she was little and went to a catholic college so it would be hilarious if it ends up being all religious and stuff.
lol, i'm kidding, i'm catholic.

Auburn Tigers
New Orleans Saints
New York Yankees
Old 02-02-2013, 03:06 PM #393
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2

Quote:
Yeah, because people only use laptops to browse the internet.

You run Excel on your chromebook?
No, I use Docs. If you're dying for local installation of an office suite, you can dual boot Linux and run anything through there. I use a Linux build booting from an SD card just for the hell of it sometimes (though I have no real use for it).

As you know (I assume, anyways), I also majored in accounting. We did several projects completely online through Docs (for collaboration purposes).

So what do you do on your computer that can't be done via the web?
Old 02-02-2013, 03:11 PM #394
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchs_drummer06 View Post
No, I use Docs. If you're dying for local installation of an office suite, you can dual boot Linux and run anything through there. I use a Linux build booting from an SD card just for the hell of it sometimes (though I have no real use for it).

As you know (I assume, anyways), I also majored in accounting. We did several projects completely online through Docs (for collaboration purposes).

So what do you do on your computer that can't be done via the web?
Yeah his girlfriend is going to dual boot Linux to use Libre Office for her classes. Google docs may be fine for small deals but I've found it doesn't do well with large files and extensive vba code.

Show me a Chromebook that'll handle Matlab and 300mb xlsm files simultaneously.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:13 PM #395
tater_salad (Banned)

Quote:
I'm hearing now that the Vols have a pretty good lead on Ohio State now and that pretty much everyone is on board for Tennessee in his family.

Sources from all three schools as well as others now feel he is Tennessee's to lose. Tennessee did a great job with the mom especially and this appears to be all Vols barring a change of mind at last minute.

He is not a silent commitment and never has been to my knowledge despite reports, but the tide has turned this past week after the visit and especially by mid week for sure. Also, contrary to rumors, Vonn nor his brother visited campus this weekend to my knowledge.

The key point here is that the other schools involved, especially Ohio State, are almost conceding he will be a Vol as I have good sources everywhere as you may or may not know.

I am officially changing my prediction on our national page to Tennessee.
- M. Farrell
Old 02-02-2013, 03:14 PM #396
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2

I'm hearing now you back out on bets.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:15 PM #397
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2

Quote:
Yeah his girlfriend is going to dual boot Linux to use Libre Office for her classes. Google docs may be fine for small deals but I've found it doesn't do well with large files and extensive vba code.

Show me a Chromebook that'll handle Matlab and 300mb xlsm files simultaneously.
Show me how many computer owners actually use Matlab.

That's not the target audience for a Chromebook. It's people exactly like who he's talking about - that will use office functions and the internet.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:17 PM #398
tater_salad (Banned)

Quote:
I'm hearing now you back out on bets.
Sources say you're butt hurt.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:27 PM #399
F1VENOM

Quote:
Show me how many computer owners actually use Matlab.

That's not the target audience for a Chromebook. It's people exactly like who he's talking about - that will use office functions and the internet.
People who casually use Facebook and Chrome, sure. I've brought down a year old I7 Dell using Excel alone. I can't claim to know what she runs but if there's a chance she's using Excel more than to calculate GPA's the couple hundred dollars are well spent.
Closed Thread