Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-14-2004, 04:40 PM #1
CyndiP-GPI

has been a member for 10 years
Letter to the Teams

Dear Teams,

As you may know the GPL has had some issues with prizes from the 2003-Season, we will not deny that. Brian and I would first like to start off by saying we are sorry to those teams out there that have had a delay or an issue with prizes won and to those who continue to wait for their prizes. Please be rest assured that everyone will get what is owed to them. This was not something that we expected to happen nor did we wish this to happen. We did have some issues with some sponsors that would not keep up to their sponsorship agreement as arranged in the beginning of the 2003-Season. But we would like to send out a great thanks to those sponsors who have stuck to their agreement. Among those companies are National Paintball Supply – c/o Johnny, Custom Products – c/o Dan, Smokin Paintball – c/o Pat, Brimestone Paintball – c/o Milt, Vforce – Zbid, DYE – c/o Gary and American Paintball Supply – c/o Cliff.

For any and all teams who feel they did not receive all their prizes, this is what you must do in order for us to rectify the situation immediately. First you must send a new email to myself directly at cpoole@enter.net and state who you are, what team you are from, what prize(s) you feel are owed to you and from what event(s) within 14 Days (Jan 28). After we receive your email, we will respond to you with in 24 hrs and we WILL resolve your issue. Despite the fact that some of our Sponsors broke their obligations to the series; we at the GPL, namely Brian and I, will honor our obligations to you. In the spirit of moving onwards and upwards, we would like to resolve everything within 14 days. So any prize request after February 1st we will not be able to accommodate. To make sure that no one gets forgotten, please respond via email. We will NOT respond to Posts online, calls to the store, instant messages or any other form of communication other than email. After we receive your email, we will respond to you with in 24 hrs and we WILL resolve your issue. If we cannot provide you with the prize you won, we will give you an item that is of equal or greater value and that is acceptable to you. It is our intention to get all the prizes to all the teams. Brian and I will be taking money out of our pocket to make up the difference from the sponsors who did not honor their obligations with us. We ask for your assistance in this matter so that we may put this past season behind us and move on to a bigger and better year.

Contrary to some of the recent posts, well over 90% of the 134 prize packages scheduled to be given out in the 2003-season has been given to the teams, leaving only a small fraction of the prizes still owed. We have been resolving the issues on a daily basis and dwindling that number every day. Each and every team has been contacted to some extant in regards to rectifying their prizes. Obviously our efforts have not been enough. As for your own prizes, each team will be handled on an individual basis.

Contrary to rumors, Brian and I have not left town to avoid the situation, we have simply moved to New York. The GPL will be running in 2004 in PA; the Global Paintball Store is still open in Emmaus, PA; the GPI Field is still open in PA; all contact phone numbers, emails and address are the same.

For those who have been observers to this situation and possibly have questions, I welcome you to contact me I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have. Brian and I are not hiding from this situation, unlike others, we choose not to air out anyone’s laundry in public. Some parties have failed to contact us as previously requested and have resorted to talking ill about Brian and myself as well as the series and have even attempted to steal what they felt was owed to them. We still take the position that everyone will get what is owed. We will NOT respond to Posts online, calls to the store, instant messages or any other form of communication other than email. After we receive your email, we will respond to you with in 24 hrs and we WILL resolve your issue.

Brian and I are not going to point fingers at those who are speaking ill of us and we will not engage in any mudslinging. Please remember that if you feel that you are owed prizes, you need to send a new email, and we will respond to you with in 24 hrs and we WILL resolve your issue. It is important to us that the issues from the 2003-Season are resolved in order for us to move onto a new year.

We have put in an extensive amount of time into guaranteeing that the 2004-Season will be the best season ever and not suffer the same setbacks as the 2003-Season had. The GPL, which has been running for 5 years, has always been run with honesty, integrity and with very few problems, until recently. The GPL has always been the premier Northeast Tournaments Series and we will continue to do so for many years. Brian and I look forward to all your continued support of the GPL Series and to 2004, which will be the best season ever. We once again want to thank you for your support and understanding in this matter and we look forward to your continued support in the future.

With warmest regards,

Cyndi Poole and Brian Barno
GPL Promoters
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement