PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-28-2013, 03:09 PM #1
becca.sue
and they said i couldn't

becca.sue is Legendary
MtG

Is there really not a MtG thread? Who plays this? Holy **** Gatecrash is coming out Friday, unless you did the pre-release. HNNNNGGGG.

-The_Hawk- I go out of my way to avoid hypocrisy on this site.

-BreeRockz!- LOL It's like you don't understand storytelling at all. -edudcixlsyd- You're clearly one of the few people on ST who don't know who I am. -Gommmo45- id rather not go into the metaphysical details associated with my self-assessment.
-contractkiller20- And then you get all kinds of sex when you get sigged by people who have been here longer than 5 months. -The_Hawk- I did it twice in one night one time. I felt like a king.
becca.sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2013, 08:50 PM #2
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

has been a member for 10 years
I play MTG very casually, and build decks to compete with whatever my friends are playing. Once a year I might check out things that rotate out of standard so I can get them for good prices and make decks that don't really fit in any format. Generally I end up building a very aggressive black, red, or green deck, so I really enjoyed my most recent Jund deck. I might update that this year because I believe it was standard legal at one point.

Any ridiculously efficient creatures in Gatecrash that take advantage of cascade and fit well in a multi-color deck? It sounds like an aggressive set, if the name is any indication.

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:05 PM #3
earlsweatshirt (Banned)

mtg was cool when I was like 7, I didn't know how to play but the cards were badass.
earlsweatshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:33 PM #4
DJ Bob (Banned)

I played until..whatever was after innistrad. Played seriously when the dominant decks were Caw-Blade, then UB/UW Control and Splinter Twin, then Wolf Run, UW humans, and snap-burn.
DJ Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:25 AM #5
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345

The Wizard has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Wizard has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Avatar of Woe in a booster pack 6th grade

"Originally posted by Menace: my dad works for nasa and has a laser detector that reflects the laser back at the cop and makes his gun explode."

"Originally posted by ClawHammer: STI's are handed down by god himself, NOTHING is faster then an STI."
The Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:55 AM #6
becca.sue
and they said i couldn't

becca.sue is Legendary
lame i responded and pbn kicked me off so it didn't post. and now i don't remember what i had said.

with cascade, anything populate seems to be the way to go from the new sets. the more cards you can get out that activate on entry, the better. i don't know too many of the newer cards because we're playing sealed friday and i am a stickler for looking up spoilers. so i really only know the cards people post on facebook. like the three drop gruul planeswalker, domri. his final ability gives trample, haste, hexproof, and doublestrike to all of your creatures.

shocklands are back, so that should solve a lot of multicolor decks mana issues to pump out more cards. but with rtr anyways, there is so much going on for multi color decks that i feel like the transition back into solid colors will feel so empty.

i have one solid deck now and it's my beast deck. but even now i'm considering splashing white thanks to thragtusk and populate.

-The_Hawk- I go out of my way to avoid hypocrisy on this site.

-BreeRockz!- LOL It's like you don't understand storytelling at all. -edudcixlsyd- You're clearly one of the few people on ST who don't know who I am. -Gommmo45- id rather not go into the metaphysical details associated with my self-assessment.
-contractkiller20- And then you get all kinds of sex when you get sigged by people who have been here longer than 5 months. -The_Hawk- I did it twice in one night one time. I felt like a king.
becca.sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:28 PM #7
mexican916

mexican916 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
mexican916 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
What about MtG online
Old 01-30-2013, 05:10 PM #8
DJ Bob (Banned)

I missed man-lands when I quit
Old 01-30-2013, 07:43 PM #9
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Most of my friends play and i don't know how... :/

It seems interesting but looks like a lot to learn for someone that has never played before.
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:46 PM #10
DJ Bob (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfresh View Post

It seems interesting but looks like a lot to learn for someone that has never played before.
and extremely expensive if you want to play at a reasonably competitive level. Like...$400+ for a deck that could get hated out of the metagame anyway.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:38 PM #11
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Bob View Post
and extremely expensive if you want to play at a reasonably competitive level. Like...$400+ for a deck that could get hated out of the metagame anyway.
yeah that is why i don't want another card game.

Some of my friends travel the country playing.... just about all of them play very competitively, I don't really feel like being everyones *****. though it is funny to watch them find random people at school playing and ask if they can join in then slaughter everyone.
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:59 AM #12
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345

The Wizard has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Wizard has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Shadow deck ftw

"Originally posted by Menace: my dad works for nasa and has a laser detector that reflects the laser back at the cop and makes his gun explode."

"Originally posted by ClawHammer: STI's are handed down by god himself, NOTHING is faster then an STI."
The Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:56 PM #13
AxeCop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfresh View Post

compared to other TCGs magic is super easy to learn. Once you know how a turn works and what 6 or so symbols mean you know 70% of the game. After that its just getting acquainted with a few in-game terms and learning the (very broad) meta.
AxeCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:03 AM #14
shifte_
fosho

Funny, I was going through stuff in my basement and found all of my old Series 1 and 2 cards(if this is what they are called..og cards that came out when MTG started)....

I have no clue what the new cards are like, or anything they have changed.
shifte_ is offline   Reply With Quote