Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-28-2013, 01:55 PM #1
SteveGnYc

SteveGnYc owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
SteveGnYc has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SteveGnYc has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Virtue Oled Issue- Please Help

So i recently purchased an OLED from my 13' Reflex Rail- installed it, which i think im positive done correctly (lol not brain surgery), but the bumpers or the marker's on and eye off buttons barely touch the the activation switch of the board.

It gets cumbersome to always dig my nails in the button switch to turn on the marker; is this a common issue? If so how can i tweak or mod it to make it easier to turn on?

THANKS!
SteveGnYc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2013, 04:50 PM #2
VPB-ChristianW
Virtue Paintball

VPB-ChristianW works for a Paintball manufacturer
VPB-ChristianW donated to help Peyton Trent
Hey sorry for the inconvience on this. Due to varying tolerances in frames and boards this is possible. Luckily it's a quick fix. Just open the grips, get a pair of needle nose pliers (or just use an Allen key) and bend/push the button component on the board forward. The solder has a bit of flex in it and you should be able to slowly, gently bend it forward to make contact.

Let me know if that made sense.... This can happen with any board but with a stock board in the factory the can bend it during quality control in advance.

Of course, if there is a huge gap there could be something else going on and it might be best to call us. Ask for Tom the Circus Runaway if you give us a call. 631-617-5347
VPB-ChristianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:05 PM #3
SteveGnYc

SteveGnYc owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
SteveGnYc has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SteveGnYc has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by VPB-ChristianW View Post
Hey sorry for the inconvience on this. Due to varying tolerances in frames and boards this is possible. Luckily it's a quick fix. Just open the grips, get a pair of needle nose pliers (or just use an Allen key) and bend/push the button component on the board forward. The solder has a bit of flex in it and you should be able to slowly, gently bend it forward to make contact.

Let me know if that made sense.... This can happen with any board but with a stock board in the factory the can bend it during quality control in advance.

Of course, if there is a huge gap there could be something else going on and it might be best to call us. Ask for Tom the Circus Runaway if you give us a call. 631-617-5347
Thanks for the response! Good to know that some companies offer great customer service and monitor their products on sites such as this one!

Will try that tn and yes makes total sense and I called earlier. I do not know who I spoke to but he suggested to reinstall it and try to screw it in at a different angle.

Thanks once again.
SteveGnYc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:39 PM #4
tkinast

tkinast is playing at Living Legends VI
tkinast has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tkinast has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tkinast has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
great post and great customer service. I am having the same issue with my board and actually just talked with a virtue tech yesterday who told me to try and tweak it as much as i could, if i still had problems then box it up and send it to him. VIRTUE paintball is amazing after the sell!!!!!
tkinast is offline   Reply With Quote