PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 02-14-2013, 02:54 PM #43
Rick@CousinsPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb83064 View Post
Does anyone know what kind of paint they have?
I believe we will have Empire Custom Blend. If anything changes, we will let ya' know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_clarke View Post
will there be Flags?...missions?..if so how will have the intel if there is no "generals"..
Missions will be based around the Yeti! There will be props, such as foot prints, Yeti poop, etc, that will add up to a point value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2riser View Post
Cousins usually has Empire paint. It's always shot fine for me.

What's the deal on sides? If there are no Generals, how do we know which side to register for?
Either it's red or blue, there are no generals. Look at it as a walk-on game with a twist to it. There will be a points system that will decide a winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_clarke View Post
Is there a TIME LINE for the game?
what time does gates open?
game start?
Gates open @ 9, game begins @ 10. Will end around 4:30.
CousinsPaintball.com
ShopCousins.com
Rick@CousinsPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2013, 03:01 PM #44
petedaddy
Mission Accomplished!

petedaddy plays in the APPA D4 division
hehehehehe...Yeti poop.....hehehehehe
petedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:08 PM #45
k2riser
Trooper#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by petedaddy View Post
hehehehehe...Yeti poop.....hehehehehe
HAHA! He said "POOP"....

Must be some big poop too, coming from a Yeti!?!? Hope I don't step in it!!

Pete and Rodney...Go Blue with us! Always great playing with you guys. There will only be a few of us but, we have a bunch of left over paint to shoot.
k2riser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:28 PM #46
petedaddy
Mission Accomplished!

blue it is!
Old 02-14-2013, 05:07 PM #47
Peaz
TommyGunns

Peaz owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick@CousinsPB View Post
I believe we will have Empire Custom Blend. If anything changes, we will let ya' know!

Missions will be based around the Yeti! There will be props, such as foot prints, Yeti poop, etc, that will add up to a point value.

Either it's red or blue, there are no generals. Look at it as a walk-on game with a twist to it. There will be a points system that will decide a winner.

Rick, i know the place is small but will there be anywhere my team can set up a tent??
2011 Scarface 2: Sosas Revenge M.V.T. W/ NYC Inferno
Peaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:27 PM #48
Peaz
TommyGunns

Quote:

Here it is guys! Find this and deliver it to the base for points!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 05:28 PM #49
Peaz
TommyGunns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaz View Post
Here it is guys! Find this and deliver it to the base for points!!!
And Pete...i think that you under the poop!!
Old 02-15-2013, 04:36 AM #50
r_clarke
Disposable Heroes

The Heroes are rolling BLUE ...
Animal Custom Paintball Gear_HitMan Gear
Psycho Scenario Mask covers

WEB
www.facebook.com/disposableheroespaintballteam
r_clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:06 AM #51
Rick@CousinsPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaz View Post
Rick, i know the place is small but will there be anywhere my team can set up a tent??
Hmmm, it might be a little tight in the staging area but I could give you the direct number to Staten Island if you want to ask for Pat tomorrow, he's the manager, run it by him! 718 227 9783.
CousinsPaintball.com
ShopCousins.com
Old 02-15-2013, 10:37 AM #52
Peaz
TommyGunns

Quote:
Hmmm, it might be a little tight in the staging area but I could give you the direct number to Staten Island if you want to ask for Pat tomorrow, he's the manager, run it by him! 718 227 9783.
Thanks rick!
Old 02-15-2013, 05:37 PM #53
r_clarke
Disposable Heroes

Tommy spent the whole day at work drawing that art work..a POX on the 1st member of the RED team that hits my Brand new E-flexes...A POX ON YOU !!!
Animal Custom Paintball Gear_HitMan Gear
Psycho Scenario Mask covers

WEB
www.facebook.com/disposableheroespaintballteam
r_clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:08 AM #54
Rick@CousinsPB

Hey guys, we are going to keep registration open till 3 PM today!

Anyone bringing any cool paint that's been sitting in the closet for the past year?! If you don't, we will have cases available for $55.
CousinsPaintball.com
ShopCousins.com
Old 02-16-2013, 08:54 PM #55
SlamSlayer
NYMP Founder

Final rough count for my group is about 50 red players give or take . 40 from my group, 10+ from SAS. See you guys there!
SlamSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:06 PM #56
petedaddy
Mission Accomplished!

I'm sorry but I don't think I have seen a bigger group of disinterested refs than I saw today...
Old 02-18-2013, 06:44 AM #57
cmb83064
TheBiz077

The fields were nice, but that's about it. The refs were the worst refs I've ever seen, I actually saw a player tell the ref to put on his mask while we were on the field. I mean come on that's the number one safety rule, and you have some people who have never played before, at least set a good example. I called maybe 5 paint checks and the refs didn't get within 100 feet of the person to check them. This scenario was extremely disorganized, not starting on time, no one knew the rules, the objectives, or anything. I asked the ref what the goal was before orientation and he said, "I don't know, the only thing I know is the field is a U shape." The air situation was less than ideal, taking about 15 minutes to get air. And the 15 minute break between games was usually longer which was horrible considering the game started later than it was supposed to and ended at 3. I wish I had 2 more hands so I could give my first and probably last experience at cousins Staten Island 4 thumbs down.
cmb83064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:57 AM #58
Diomedes
Nerd

Diomedes is playing at Living Legends III
Reffing was hit or miss, but the game itself was a lot of fun. I had fun at least, and I know most of the people I was playing with did, too.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
Zombie Defense Dispatches <--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, odds and ends. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
Looking for a new mask? See how they compare.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My PBN feedback
Diomedes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:58 AM #59
k2riser
Trooper#7

I hate to tear down a field, especially since I have always had such a good time at Cousins in Manchester, NJ. I spoke to management at least 3 times and nothing changed.

My 2 most ridiculous interactions with the refs were.....

After screaming at one ref 10 times to come check my back, the first thing he says to me was, "Did he see it break?" (AS HE WIPES A SHOT FROM MY PACK AND THE BACK OF MY LEG) "Just go back in."

SERIOUSLY??????

Another ref told a player it was ok to stick his gun through the black netting and shoot. When the other team contested, the ref said, "I guess you can't do that." DUH!!

I'm sorry but, these stories could not be held back. These are just in addition to the two gentleman above and like I said, only my two most ridiculous experiences. Unfortunately, there were more.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:21 AM #60
petedaddy
Mission Accomplished!

On another note...one ref that I did see busting his *** was the ref with the black/white jersey running back and forth across the road checking people on both sides....He did an awesome job...and I told him.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:20 AM #61
Rick@CousinsPB

Quote:
I'm sorry but I don't think I have seen a bigger group of disinterested refs than I saw today...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb83064 View Post
The fields were nice, but that's about it. The refs were the worst refs I've ever seen, I actually saw a player tell the ref to put on his mask while we were on the field. I mean come on that's the number one safety rule, and you have some people who have never played before, at least set a good example. I called maybe 5 paint checks and the refs didn't get within 100 feet of the person to check them. This scenario was extremely disorganized, not starting on time, no one knew the rules, the objectives, or anything. I asked the ref what the goal was before orientation and he said, "I don't know, the only thing I know is the field is a U shape." The air situation was less than ideal, taking about 15 minutes to get air. And the 15 minute break between games was usually longer which was horrible considering the game started later than it was supposed to and ended at 3. I wish I had 2 more hands so I could give my first and probably last experience at cousins Staten Island 4 thumbs down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
Reffing was hit or miss, but the game itself was a lot of fun. I had fun at least, and I know most of the people I was playing with did, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2riser View Post
I hate to tear down a field, especially since I have always had such a good time at Cousins in Manchester, NJ. I spoke to management at least 3 times and nothing changed.

My 2 most ridiculous interactions with the refs were.....

After screaming at one ref 10 times to come check my back, the first thing he says to me was, "Did he see it break?" (AS HE WIPES A SHOT FROM MY PACK AND THE BACK OF MY LEG) "Just go back in."

SERIOUSLY??????

Another ref told a player it was ok to stick his gun through the black netting and shoot. When the other team contested, the ref said, "I guess you can't do that." DUH!!

I'm sorry but, these stories could not be held back. These are just in addition to the two gentleman above and like I said, only my two most ridiculous experiences. Unfortunately, there were more.
Quote:
On another note...one ref that I did see busting his *** was the ref with the black/white jersey running back and forth across the road checking people on both sides....He did an awesome job...and I told him.

We seem to be getting mixed reviews of this game. From what we've heard on the phone and on the Internet, the scenario was GOOD but the reffing seemed to be an issue and we WILL address this. We want our referees all working at the same level, and that's the highest level possible! If one referee is uninformed or does not have knowledge of the scenario, then that is clearly a lack of care and should be noted. We want to make the next big event at Staten Island better then the last! Thank you all for your thoughts and input because without it, we cannot get better.
CousinsPaintball.com
ShopCousins.com
Old 02-18-2013, 10:32 AM #62
k2riser
Trooper#7

Quote:
You are correct Pete and I am sorry I did not point that out. He did a great job. Maybe give him a training salary to train all of the refs? Just a suggestion.

Rick....I appreciate your answer. I wish you the best in training them to be better for the next time. I know it is an uphill battle and I'm sure you are up for the challenge.

Last edited by k2riser : 02-18-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:39 AM #63
Comm.Johnson
Team Capt./Field Comm.

I had allot of fun. Although i agree with the reffing was pretty poor. But i had fun wreckin Chit.