PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-31-2013, 11:23 PM #22
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti6669 View Post
I was looking at my materials from them
Oh.......old info possibly? I'm not even sure if 7th Element is still making the new boards for the new run of Rev-is. May have to send them a PM and see if they can stop in and set the record straight.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2013, 11:24 PM #23
FreeStyler15

i asked on virtue to what board can fit the FX and they sent me a board same for the f7/f8, at least they said it fit mi fx too, so i think i will have to wait til arrives to me and if doesnt fit i think i will try to do something to make it fit
FreeStyler15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:24 PM #24
Yeti6669
Shoot 'em in the Face

Yeti6669 donated to help Peyton Trent
Yeti6669 posts videos on PbNation
Yeti6669 supports our troops
Yeti6669 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Yeti6669 is a top reviewer
Yeti6669 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post

Oh.......old info possibly? I'm not even sure if 7th Element is still making the new boards for the new run of Rev-is. May have to send them a PM and see if they can stop in and set the record straight.
I Can just call them
Yeti6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:34 PM #25
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeStyler15 View Post
i asked on virtue to what board can fit the FX and they sent me a board same for the f7/f8, at least they said it fit mi fx too, so i think i will have to wait til arrives to me and if doesnt fit i think i will try to do something to make it fit
I'm pretty confident it isn't going to work.

The FX board again - note that the buttons are near the middle of the board:

The Fusion/F8 Virtue board - note the buttons are toward the bottom of the board. Also, the holes to screw down the board are not in the same place as on the FX board.

7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 01-31-2013, 11:35 PM #26
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti6669 View Post
I Can just call them
Do it, please. Would be good to get the correct info out there.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:07 AM #27
FreeStyler15

Ouch! Who wants a f7/f8 board? Lol
Old 02-01-2013, 12:13 AM #28
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
If free, I can
Old 02-01-2013, 02:48 AM #29
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeStyler15 View Post
Ouch! Who wants a f7/f8 board? Lol
Yea, sorry to break the news to you.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:12 AM #30
FXpaintball3r

ok so I also came across a similar issue with my board but after putting the thing under the microscope i notice that the wires coming from the battery adapter that is connect to the male insert that goes into the board itself was somehow broken off. Guess this was due to the wire being at a 90 degree angle from the male inserts. I'd tried to solder the male end back onto the wires and it did end up being just a broken wire issues. Afterward I just order a replacement battery connector from DP and works just as good as new since I can't seem to find a 9V battery adapter that has the correct male port to go into the board at radio shack.
NOTE**(This was my board symptom: just turn on for a quick second and died off like that thing shorted out or looks like the battery was bad / low. Never did see dots and or lines)
FXpaintball3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:16 AM #31
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXpaintball3r View Post
ok so I also came across a similar issue with my board but after putting the thing under the microscope i notice that the wires coming from the battery adapter that is connect to the male insert that goes into the board itself was somehow broken off. Guess this was due to the wire being at a 90 degree angle from the male inserts. I'd tried to solder the male end back onto the wires and it did end up being just a broken wire issues. Afterward I just order a replacement battery connector from DP and works just as good as new since I can't seem to find a 9V battery adapter that has the correct male port to go into the board at radio shack.
NOTE**(This was my board symptom: just turn on for a quick second and died off like that thing shorted out or looks like the battery was bad / low. Never did see dots and or lines)
- Good to hear you figured it out and it turned out to be a relatively easy fix. Those molex connectors are difficult to track down, especially trying to get the correct one. Not something most places carry as stock on hand.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:03 AM #32
FreeStyler15

yeah, that is right, but in this case i just noticed the male conectors in the orange ribon that goes from the screen to the board is a little dirty or something, cant figure out what exactly is that but i think its mud, i cleaned it, put it back plugged and then: nothing happened, so the board didnt turn on anymore, i talked to DP and told me, they dont sell just the screen so i think i have to buy a bnib fx board or look for something better at a good price