Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-05-2012, 09:50 PM #1
locomex4life16
Lilspeedy626

has been a member for 10 years
locomex4life16 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Fallen in Paintball

Have any of you guys fallen in paintball especially at the break??? I've seen ppl fall all the time and usually take my time and drag them out of the way. I fell last week and I turn all red I dont know if anyone saw.

If ur a christian paintballer put this in ur profile, dont be afraid, be proud u are brave enough to have FAITH, and show it.
locomex4life16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2012, 11:11 PM #2
boodahfinger

I've fallen once and even my mask came off and the other teams player stopped playing to make sure I had my mask on before they continued the game. I had used the board's base as a block and had pushed off so hard I stumbled and my mask some how had came loose and started coming off so I had reached to pull it back on and before I knew it I was on the ground and my mask had flown about 6 ft away and I had to reach up to cover my face just to make sure no paint balls were gonna hit my face. First time trying that move and now I know not to push off so hard.
boodahfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:36 PM #3
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

get cleats, it helps.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:26 AM #4
Jsres

Jsres supports Empire
tripped on a root...banged up right knee...hopper and feedneck flies off and goes one way while the gun goes the other...gun also developed a leak...was not a good day for me
Dye DM12 White/Orange aka Creamsicle, Pure Energy 70/45 w/Ninja Reg, Billy Wing Bolt, Dye Rotor
Dye DM12 White/Graphite, Ninja 70/45, Billy Wing Bolt, Dye Rotor
WGP 2k3 Mech Autococker Red/Black, Ninja 70/45, Shocktech parts, JT old school revvy

Certified KEE tech
Jsres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:43 AM #5
tippmannrocker90
Git-R-Done!

tippmannrocker90 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tippmannrocker90 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have many times. The most recent I was the last man standing in rec ball, so i decided running to loop around the tape for better angles was a good idea. While I was running I didn't look down and tripped right over a stump and faceplanted. Thankfully the other team didn't even shoot me b/c they were laughing too hard, I just surrendered and walked off laughing with them.
At another game, we were flanking through some very heavy brush and had a few walk ons with us, one of which was a very heavy guy (probably about 400 lbs) who got his pants stuck on a thorn bush, fell flat on his face and took a nice core sample w/ his brand new axe..

Tri State Mafia
Slaying many in the name of the smoking skull
Proudly sponsored by COUSINS PAINTBALL
Like Us on FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/#!/TSMPaintball
tippmannrocker90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:54 AM #6
Enter The Nutty

Enter The Nutty owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Enter The Nutty has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I fall hard at least once every time I play, lol. Last time I played I was running through a bunch of fire to a bunker in the middle of everything. I would have made it, but I neglected to take into consideration the ONE rock on my war path, lol. I tripped on it with both feet. Landed shoulder first into a barrel roll that made my rotor take a core sample, then a core sample with my Ego, finishing off with slamming my ASA/Reg into the ground. To make it worse I missed making my bunker by about 5 feet and stood up into about 15 shots from a few different people.

On the up side I guess it looked like I meant to do it, got a few compliments on it, lol.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:06 AM #7
DaveA

has been a member for 10 years
tripping, falling, stumbling, slamming into bunkers and teetering, it's all going to happen to you if you play full bore paintball. Funniest, and you gotta laugh at yourself when you do this stuff, is spinning around to run back or around, and running smack into a tree. Worse is when you do damage to your gear, worst is doing damage to yourself. I've broke feednecks off hoppers, plenty of pods being cracked from hitting the deck fast, and a lot of dovetail style ASAs, hate that system for it's relative weakness! Just got an eclipse OOPS on-off and it looks like it'll be muchhhh stronger! I generally try to play through such mishaps, hand feeding paint and cradling the bottle like I'm using a really short remote line! Damage to self makes the playing a little harder, but sometimes if you're lucky, you're not underfire while trying to recover your wind or for that wave of pain to stop disabling your trigger finger. Sometimes your opponent is kind enough to not light you up as you lay there rolling back and forth holding your knee, or laughing too hard to get a real good shot on you. I never walk off a field just from a body hurt, even when I hurt my leg badly 18 months ago, bad enough that it's only just now starting to allow me to run 3/4 speed again.
I once lent my gun to a newb kid and showed him a good bunker to run to. 30 seconds later I hear a terrible air leak coming from his direction. He had run, tripped and landed on my gun's regulator, breaking off the whole vertical asa... He felt bad about breaking my best gun, and it wasn't a very easy fix, but falling in paintball, like sh-t, definitely happens.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:11 AM #8
paintballoliver

paintballoliver plays in the PSP
paintballoliver is playing at Living Legends VI
paintballoliver plays in the APPA D4 division
paintballoliver has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I fell and my mask came off, no body saw, so I kept my face down while everyone was still shooting. Then a player on the other team Bunkered me while I was laying on the ground with my mask off.
At PSP Galveston, my team captain fell while bunkering someone, but tripped on the bunker ties, his mask fell off and from the angle everyone was at it looked like he got shot in the eyes. The refs did a great job though, everyone was truly scared.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:23 PM #9
Pro-2A

I tripped over a tree root once running for cover... My hopper hit the ground and paint spilled everywhere. Luckily my mask stayed on, but I did get hit while laying on the ground
Pro-2A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:19 PM #10
ProMod
Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ProMod owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ProMod is an NCPA player
ProMod supports DLX Technology
At our old field, we played on a hybrid field (speedball layout, but with logs and tires)

I tripped and decided to just go with it and dive early. my loader got wedged into a 1,000 lb tree section and promptly broke off my victory. Not a happy camper, I continued 1-balling and calling positions.

The trick is (provided your mask doesn't come off) to just go with it. Make the best of the situation; if your gun goes down, push up and call out positions / draw fire off your team. They'll forgive you instantly if you can distract the other team so they can bunker them all
Originally posted by msonic- Think of Simon as Paintball's Tony Stark. For real.
"...Looks Like A...." earns you an instant NEWBIE tag. Don't be a newbie.
ProMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:18 AM #11
drgonzo
Half-cocked

have fallen plenty. roll into the nearest bunker and crack up
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:57 AM #12
Cracker_35
Saltine or Graham?

Annual Supporting Member
Cracker_35 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Cracker_35 is Legendary
Once, I tried to slide on an indoor field, something happened and I ended up doing about 3 somersaults and breaking the speedfeed and battery door off my hopper. Somehow, the speedfeed ended up around my wrist. Needless to say, I quickly grabbed a handful of paint and attempted to bunker the nearest kid. I got shot.
Cracker_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:02 PM #13
Paintman15
Justin

Paintman15 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintman15 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I am NOT a snake player. Last time i was playing hyperball though, i ended inserting into it during the game. I attempted to do a superman dive, but stepped on someone's pod with the foot i was using to push off with. it slid out from under me, and i ended up doing a barrel roll and getting a core sample inside a borrowed sl94. The ref found it quite amusing.
"A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work. Uh, I'll call BS. You ever seen Deadliest Catch? I don't know many accountants that get plunged into 40 degree water and end up with all their friends drowned. And you can always make any scenario worse by adding 'and then a roller coaster cut my head off'. Just saying".
-Daniel Tosh

If you can't beat 'em, might as well eat 'em, cause no one's getting out alive!

-Sick Puppies
Paintman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:34 PM #14
EGOtistical Baller

EGOtistical Baller is an NCPA player
I remember one time I bumped into the can at 50 sp hard it fell over. I rolled over top of it and faceplanted into the ground in front of the bunker.. broke my flex lol but it was funny as ****

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." 2 Corinthians 3:17
EGOtistical Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:32 PM #15
pvtjohnson

Oh yeah I remember playing some woodsball and I went sprinting to this middle bunker about half way there, there is this big *** root that I didn't see and I literally did a face plant onto the ground and my mask falls off. Most embarrassing thing ever I swear.
pvtjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:51 AM #16
MenosDaBear

MenosDaBear owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I took a fall yesterday playing. It had been sprinkling most the morning so it was a little wet. I went to move from a can to the dorito, slipped with one foot, try to compensate with the other and destroyed my ankle. Then had to roll myself to the nearest bunker, thankfully didn't get lit up in the process.
MenosDaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:52 PM #17
Enter The Nutty

Enter The Nutty owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Enter The Nutty has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenosDaBear View Post
...thankfully didn't get lit up in the process.
Lucky, I ALWAYS get lit up, lol.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:02 PM #18
pirhana92 (Banned)

pirhana92 is BST Trusted
I've tripped quite a few times. Was playing airball at my local field and it had rained the night before so it was like a giant mud pit. I fell off break a few times, took a bunch of core samples, I fell trying to move to another bunker when it was me vs 2 other guys and I ended up falling below a stream of paint and getting one guy out before I got lit up.'

It was pretty funny and we joked about it all day since everyone was falling and tripping. Twas a fun time.
pirhana92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:44 PM #19
jweav151

Today I got shot out on a woods field on the side of a hill. I put my hands and gun up and the guy keeps shooting; not a few extra shots, a flipping rope. I go to lean behind the tree I was near and apparently my foot wasn't in a good place for me to shift my weight that way. My knee hyper-extended (bent the wrong way) and I DROPPED, rolled down the hill a bit, my gun unhooked from my sling, hopper fell off and I just laid there. The ref. paused the game to make sure I didn't break anything and when I told him I was OK he started it up again. Another dude that was dead helped me up and down the steepest part of the hill and the bag that overshot me in the first place started shooting at both of us as we walked off the field.

If it hadn't been caused by being overshot and I wasn't in so much pain I would have thought that much of a yard-sale was funny, but it hurt way too much to think anything.
jweav151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:54 PM #20
Paintman15
Justin

Paintman15 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintman15 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
And WHY did you not confiscate this person's gun, put it on full auto, stick it up his butt and pull the trigger?
"A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work. Uh, I'll call BS. You ever seen Deadliest Catch? I don't know many accountants that get plunged into 40 degree water and end up with all their friends drowned. And you can always make any scenario worse by adding 'and then a roller coaster cut my head off'. Just saying".
-Daniel Tosh

If you can't beat 'em, might as well eat 'em, cause no one's getting out alive!

-Sick Puppies
Paintman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:52 AM #21
jweav151

Lol. At that point I could barely walk down the hill nevermind back up it to find him and retaliate.
jweav151 is offline   Reply With Quote