PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 06:17 PM #106
ultranoobify
Little spoon for life.

ultranoobify owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I'm going to explode. You, can,t use, commas, like, this,.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2013, 07:07 PM #107
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Holy ****, no ****ing way.....

Seriously OP, you are 42 years old?

I'm thinking back to when I was 19 and reading what you have typed. If my father was posting this on a internet forum, I would be extremely embarassed. I've met 13 y/o kids that are more mature and can comprehend more.

1/1 Factory Acid wash green splashed luxe... Cheap.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4281337
Old 02-15-2013, 07:15 PM #108
scroadkill
still pump'n - go figure

im looking for a topic here... is there one?

op: see sig.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:33 PM #109
Pyrate Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbnemy2 View Post
well, that's how you, and too many others think. however, i was taught that when you respect someone enough, to pay attention when they speak to you, then you treat them just as badly, when they fail to acknowledge that respect that was given to them, and return it in kind.
Yeah, I was taught that as well.
Then I grew up.

Respect is earned, not granted.
If you approached some church with the same confrontational attitude you have displayed on this message board, I wouldn't be surprised if they had you excommunicated.

Which reminds me, does the OP belong to this Church? Is he a regular who is seen there often, perhaps participating in activities that benefit the church involved?
If not, then why should they bow to you when you've never done anything to gain their respect?
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
http://www.paintball-pti.com/
Old 02-15-2013, 09:07 PM #110
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultranoobify View Post
I'm going to explode. You, can,t use, commas, like, this,.
You aren't by chance Capt. James T. Kirk in real life, are you?
Old 02-15-2013, 09:14 PM #111
MooKids

MooKids has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MooKids has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate Jim View Post
Yeah, I was taught that as well.
Then I grew up.

Respect is earned, not granted.
If you approached some church with the same confrontational attitude you have displayed on this message board, I wouldn't be surprised if they had you excommunicated.

Which reminds me, does the OP belong to this Church? Is he a regular who is seen there often, perhaps participating in activities that benefit the church involved?
If not, then why should they bow to you when you've never done anything to gain their respect?
Excellent point, he used "churches", as in more than one. Probably calling as many as he can just to try a free place to play.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:37 PM #112
reshafer

reshafer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
reshafer is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
You aren't by chance Capt. James T. Kirk in real life, are you?
^^^ love this guy.

I actually lold
Old 02-16-2013, 02:26 AM #113
pbnemy2

how does a church/youth center staff member have any fair expectation of my respect for their property/intelligence, to grant them an attentive ear, if they haven't been around me long enough, to EARN it, in your own words? guess what? they haven't, so buzz off with that crap, if you can't avoid getting it thrown back in your face.

HORIZON=IDIOT that can't be a productive part of a conversation, which sadly in too many of your cases, is the same problem.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:09 AM #114
JohnSherman

Annual Supporting Member
JohnSherman posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
how does a church/youth center staff member have any fair expectation of my respect for their property/intelligence, to grant them an attentive ear, if they haven't been around me long enough, to EARN it, in your own words? guess what? they haven't, so buzz off with that crap, if you can't avoid getting it thrown back in your face.

HORIZON=IDIOT that can't be a productive part of a conversation, which sadly in too many of your cases, is the same problem.
Well, you're being, a real, mature adult about, it. I hope, that when, you, communicated with, the church you, never sent, them an email, because your overuse, of commas, makes me want to, rip my, eyeballs, o,u,t.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:56 AM #115
MooKids

This comes to mind for some reason...
Old 02-16-2013, 04:45 AM #116
pbnemy2

JSherman, i didn't send anyone emails, i bothered to take the time to go and see them, and deal with them face-to-face, like a man. since i had done that, then a simple few seconds of their time, to give me an affirmative, or negative response, would have gone a long way towards me not being so upset at them.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:40 AM #117
scroadkill
still pump'n - go figure

I for one think the church in question is wise to avoid paintball on its property. There are a number of liability issues involved not to mention the issues it would cause with the majority of the church members who fund the church, staff, facilities, outreach programs, etc... Children running around church grounds with guns shooting each other.. lol... that would look awesome in the local papers... very bad PR.

Now if I were a deacon or member on the board of directors etc and the youth pastor presented his plans to use church grounds for paintball with leased equipment and being staffed by trained professionals - and knowing what i know about paintball players - I would vote NO WAY... with all due respect to the youth pastor. Reasons:

Bad PR with the town.
Bad PR with the church members.
Risk to church property.
Risk of vandalism to the community that could be associated with church activity.
Risk to children.
The additional cost that the church would incur having to add this type of activity to its insurance policy.
The stress it would create with the facilities people - most of whom are likely volunteers.
There are likely other places that are set up and ready to host this type of activity.

These reasons listed here ^ are pretty obvious obstacles you will have to overcome in any presentation you make to the board and should be seriously considered. IMO You will also need someone on the board to champion your ministry / outreach program. W/O a champion on the board you have no chance. also: your sales pitch needs to focus on ministry... not your personal entertainment.

Now if you have ministry in mind: Private groups at commercial fields is the way to go. Negotiate with the local field for a package that you can take to the youth pastor... then get personally heavily involved assisting or leading the program.

Last edited by scroadkill : 02-16-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:14 PM #118
reshafer

reshafer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
reshafer is attending Decay of Nations VII
Red face

Quote:

I we cannot be productive to a conversation, why post here? And the church doesn't have to respect you off the bat, you came to them not the other way around, you have to earn their respect.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:42 PM #119
ghost93

ghost93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ghost93 is for the Gunfight
ghost93 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ghost93 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Section 1.2: Comma Splices

OP, please read that ****.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:47 PM #120
TheHef

Quote:

I get so sick of kids with this sense of entitlement. The church doesn't owe anything to you. You come across as an arrogant *** with the things you are saying.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:12 PM #121
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Oh come on now. A little comic relief never hurt anyone. It's not like I was being mean.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:39 PM #122
ultranoobify
Little spoon for life.

ultranoobify owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
****. I think the OP is winning this battle. I can't stand all the commas!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:01 PM #123
BALLSOHARD!
Just a Balla' on a Budget

OP!!!! hey update...your a DUMB@$$ still
Old 02-18-2013, 05:20 AM #124
scroadkill
still pump'n - go figure

ok op.. I spent 5 minutes addressing your topic and now you hide?.. common dude... U asked for the audience and now you have one.

Defend your position that churches are idiots for ignoring your requests that they change the way they operate for the benefit of your entertainment to allow paintball on their property-or-admit you had not seriously considered their position before you vented here in public like a kid whose momma said no when he asked for candy and started crying hoping that would change her mind.

Time to man up. Take a stand.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:38 AM #125
pbnemy2

the point that makes me REALLY upset with the person that i spoke with, was the fact that they wouldn't even seriously try to convince one of their members, that may have had a big property, to allow the activity on their land. i even have a standard waiver form, that's included with airsoft guns that i recently purchased, that they could modify to fit paintball activities.

what i wanted to do, to a large extent, was to try to get people from other faiths, to participate also, in a sort of multi-faith "tourney"
Old 02-18-2013, 11:43 AM #126
MooKids

Let me be blunt and using your own way of typing:

DO, YOU, BELONG, TO, THIS, OR, ANY, OF, THESE, CHURCHES,?

And any waiver can easily be thrown out in court due to negligence.
Closed Thread