Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 10:47 PM #64
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
Being mad at the church because he couldn't play paintball is why King Henry the 8th started the Church of England. Now they play 3 minute speedball instead of giving out communion.

Sounds like the Church of England is more for you.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2013, 11:20 PM #65
Igotaevo
Surgeon with a Chainsaw

Annual Supporting Member
Igotaevo plays in the PSP
Igotaevo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Igotaevo supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian P View Post
Being mad at the church because he couldn't play paintball is why King Henry the 8th started the Church of England. Now they play 3 minute speedball instead of giving out communion.

I ****ing love you.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:46 PM #66
BALLSOHARD!
Just a Balla' on a Budget

*Post removed for avoiding swear filter*

Last edited by amhildreth : 02-21-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:59 PM #67
harbinger626
pump happy

harbinger626 supports Team VICIOUS
harbinger626 plays in the APPA beginner division
harbinger626 is attending Decay of Nations VI
harbinger626 supports Empire
i was going to reply with a long winded explanation on zoning and what not but i have lost interest this is a never winning battle and nothing will really change
t=3884848[/url],spy sunglasses
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post77080177
ion project
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3964188
Old 02-01-2013, 12:06 AM #68
Xdanisx
Team up! Team Up!

Xdanisx posts videos on PbNation
Xdanisx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Xdanisx has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
OP is but hurt becuase the Church's activity coordinators are letting him down easy and "promising" to talk to the elders when in reality they're thinking, "Is this guy f'n serious?! Ya, let's piss our landscaping money down the drain and piss off the neighbors at the same time..".

Grow up.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:08 AM #69
harbinger626
pump happy

harbinger626 supports Team VICIOUS
harbinger626 plays in the APPA beginner division
harbinger626 is attending Decay of Nations VI
harbinger626 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdanisx View Post
OP is but hurt becuase the Church's activity coordinators are letting him down easy and "promising" to talk to the elders when in reality they're thinking, "Is this guy f'n serious?! Ya, let's piss our landscaping money down the drain and piss off the neighbors at the same time..".
lol seconded i mean they could simply say **** off but i wouldnt do it either in their shoes not worth it in the long run
t=3884848[/url],spy sunglasses
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post77080177
ion project
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3964188
Old 02-05-2013, 04:27 AM #70
pbnemy2

to the morons, NOT ALL churches have perfectly maintained grassy areas that catch my interest. so WHAT would be the damn problem about "tearing up" anything, if it's ONLY dirt? did you ever THINK about that? no, i guess that involves too much concentration for you.

I DON'T NEED patronizing bulls-t conversations from church activity directors, just an honest affirmative or negative response, and the courtesy of an explanation, in case of said negative response, and then i GO ON MY WAY, ok? it's that simple.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:40 AM #71
ghost93

ghost93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ghost93 is for the Gunfight
ghost93 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ghost93 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbnemy2 View Post
to the morons, NOT ALL churches have perfectly maintained grassy areas that catch my interest. so WHAT would be the damn problem about "tearing up" anything, if it's ONLY dirt? did you ever THINK about that? no, i guess that involves too much concentration for you.

I DON'T NEED patronizing bulls-t conversations from church activity directors, just an honest affirmative or negative response, and the courtesy of an explanation, in case of said negative response, and then i GO ON MY WAY, ok? it's that simple.
Um you do realize how much effort and money goes into having perfectly maintained grassy areas that will catch your interest, right? Did you ever think about that? No, I guess it involves too much common sense. It isn't only dirt.

You obviously aren't going on your way, you're taking it personally and freaking out. That's why they give you a side stepping answer hoping that you'll take the hint.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:03 PM #72
Goshawk
Deep South Baller

Annual Supporting Member
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
I have been involved in Churches almost my whole life. I joke that I had a drug problem, I was drug to Church anytime the doors were open. Being as such, I actually have quite a bit of experience with the procedures of a church.

First, I don't know how long you have been waiting, but do anything at a Church takes a long time. It is not as easy as just going up to the Elders on Sunday morning and asking for permission. It has to be formally presented at a meeting. So, first you have to wait until the meeting for it to be presented. At our Church, if it is anything money, which includes upkeep of grounds, also has to go through the budget and finance committee. Anything presented to budget and finance that does not directly involve business of the Church, a paintball field, has to be tabled for a month for discussion. So, already this has probably taken a month or two. If it is approved by the Elders (or Deacons) and budget and finance, it now goes to building and grounds for insurance reasons and upkeep considerations of the property in question. So assuming you get a fairly quick answer from the insurance company, all the findings will be presented at the next buildings and grounds meeting a month later. Then, if approved by buildings and grounds it will be then brought before the Church and voted on. Point being, nothing moves fast in the Church. This is all assuming the, in your words "Jackass," you talked to did not get interupted and have to make a hospital visit or deal with other things related to his job and forget your conversation.

Another thing to think about; insurance policies are all different and very greatly depending on the size of the Church and budget of the Church. Just because one mega Church may be able to afford the insurance the covers a paintball field, this probably is not covered under insurance policies of most Churches due to costs of premiums. Also, Churches operate as tax exempt. You would probably be amazed how small of a thing can cause a Church or charity to lose tax exempt status. If a Church was to run a paintball field, they would have to prove no profit was made at all off the field. This would require a bunch of documentation.

Lastly, don't generalize Churches as a whole. I am sorry you feel you had a bad experience at that Church. However, all Churches are different and no Church is perfect. Churches are full of humans and no human is perfect.

Last edited by Goshawk : 02-05-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:48 PM #73
batmite10
get out of my cave...

batmite10 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
batmite10 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Haha we're morons, because you can't understand it isn't your property.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:44 AM #74
pbnemy2

ok Goshawk, THAT'S all i have asked of the multiple churches' staff members, to give a decent resolution to my quest. just an explanation.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:21 AM #75
batmite10
get out of my cave...

They might feel that they don't owe you an explanation. In all reality they don't.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:21 AM #76
jessekeels
I'm a 'dust black' guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmite10 View Post
They might feel that they don't owe you an explanation. In all reality they don't.
^^^THIS

To OP, when you had a job did you ever ask for a raise, or review? When you asked for it how long did it take? Did they string you along after promising to give you a performance review or raise? yes/yes/yes That is just life and the fact is you cant quit every job or ***** and moan about every person who has ever wronged you or wasted your time.
You have no feedback but if you had done any business on PBN you would know for sure that people back out of deals all the time.
buyer: "I have $500 for your G6R I can pay RIGHT AWAY I LOVE THIS GUN OMGZ"
me: "paypal is ____________"
never heard from again. It's the same concept that your going through and your acting like your some kind of brutalized vicitim. This is planet earth... humans live here we have to deal with each other's shortcomings.

Also just because other churches have done it doesn't mean that they have no insurance and are just assuming no one will sue. It sounded like that was the point you were trying to get across. In Charleston SC there is Compass paintball it's a church run speed ball field. I have never played there but It has been around for a few years, I'm assuming that they are not running under the assumption that everyone is going to police themselves safely and no one is going to sue.

My third and final point is that money is most likely the largest issue here. 100k is a very conservative estimate to get just ONE field up and running thats assuming they OWN and don't lease the land. I grew up in the church and I'm a manager at a regional grocery store chain I have never seen either drop 100k on one outside person's ideas. If you want to be taken seriously planning a field you have to pay your dues. I don't know what your presentation looks like or if you have ever been affiliated with any freestanding fields and I am not accusing you of being inexperienced in the field, that being said you'd have much better luck pitching your idea with a group or company that has lots of experience setting up and maintaining these types of things (maybe not just paintball fields). A church or any organization is not going to be as comfortable with the idea coming from some guy rather than a firm that specializes in setup and maintenance of recreational venues. Providing compressed air is very expensive, Paint is expensive, running a retail store is expensive and difficult if you decide to have a pro shop on premise. At this point you not only have a big stack of bills but you have the headache of basically running a secondary business, you need someone to clean the field, take care of the bunkers, referee/police safety, maintain high pressure air filling stations, maintain and service rental markers AND run a retail shop. I understand that you'd be willing to break your back for this idea but no matter how committed you are you WILL NOT be able to do all by yourself. I have never been involved and probably will not be involved in any type of paintball related business (other than buying and selling markers for my personal use) so I do not claim to have comprehensive knowledge on how paintball businesses are run. I do however understand the hurdles that there are to overcome when starting any new business. Just some food for thought, call me an idiot or ignorant or however you want to react to a well informed post, but these are pretty cold hard facts.

Last edited by jessekeels : 02-06-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:49 PM #77
sucka T.

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian P View Post

LOL. Amazing...

This is why I fell in love with this forum.

ThreadSavers®

http://www.ohnoes.org/

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=891102

Last edited by sucka T. : 02-06-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:11 PM #78
dominantgazelle
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo

dominantgazelle plays in the APPA D4 division
dominantgazelle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
dominantgazelle supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
Get a better job, buy your own ****ing land, set it up. Baby.
Hahaha

But seriously it seems like everyone's had good experiences with paintballs and churches
Old 02-06-2013, 02:42 PM #79
pbnemy2

again, a genuine explanation for their possible refusal, is not too much to ask, given the fact, that i gave them enough consideration and respect, to spend my time, listening to their conversation. i just ask that same courtesy/respect in return, after they decide on the issue that i present to them.

Last edited by pbnemy2 : 02-06-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:49 PM #80
pbnemy2

jesse, haven't you ever been taught, to NOT just sit by, and let people jerk you around? guess what, i was taught to not take crap from people, because i was also taught that a person's word was supposed to be honored, like a civilized person, with an actual sense of
responsibility/accountability/integrity.

another thing, if they're in a position within the appropriate dept, then it is reasonably assumed, that they have some idea of what rules and reg's govern their respective dept's. so, how should it take so long, for someone to impart that knowledge, if reasonable effort is made by said staff member?

"running a retail store is expensive and difficult if you decide to have a pro shop on premise. At this point you not only have a big stack of bills but you have the headache of basically running a secondary business, you need someone to clean the field, take care of the bunkers, referee/police safety, maintain high pressure air filling stations, maintain and service rental markers AND run a retail shop. this is a little far off, from what i am trying to pitch to churches/youth centers.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:56 PM #81
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
I just found out to get into Scientology you have to take on a 10 on 1 timed 20 minute hyperball battle with a pump gun vs all electric crew. Tom Cruse set the record by shooting out all the electrics in 3 minutes.

I hear Houston Heat recruits at the Los Angeles Scientology Center to get the best players before the other Southern CA teams.

Here I thought churches were places of worship, not underground paintball clubs.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:42 PM #82
ghost93

ghost93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ghost93 is for the Gunfight
ghost93 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ghost93 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ITT: OP is 12 and doesn't understand how the world works.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:08 PM #83
batmite10
get out of my cave...

The first rule underground paintball club: You do not talk about underground paintball club. The second rule of underground paintball club: You DO NOT talk about underground paintball club.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:09 AM #84
Matthew Fugett
He's in the rocks!

Matthew Fugett has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Well. I can say that my church would play games at our local field and can say that they would love to have a field but one thing that you need to consider is if paintball is a big sport in your area. Also, you have been mentioning the legal side if it. That can always be an issue and with the way many medias are not liking churches already and you said it was a super church so the added stress of "encouraging their members to shoot at each other" would be an added problem.
Closed Thread