Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 07:40 PM #22
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
See if they'll consent to JT Splatmaster games, then gradually work your way up to actual paintball.

Let a deacon bless the paintballs, and spread god's loving "embrace."
Old 01-29-2013, 10:14 PM #23
batmite10
get out of my cave...

batmite10 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
batmite10 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7paintball View Post
It's not its a marker.
It doesn't matter what it is. What matters is what it is perceived as.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:06 PM #24
BALLSOHARD!
Just a Balla' on a Budget

I dont know if anyone else is thinking this right now.....but...ur an idiot dude
honestly..... your really *****in about this?! I wouldnt want people that cry like your *** on my land either! congratulations your a *******....
Old 01-29-2013, 11:13 PM #25
NBTippy
ping pong champ

Annual Supporting Member
NBTippy is BST Trusted
NBTippy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NBTippy plays in the APPA D5 division
NBTippy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Lets set up a field at your house, we can get people to run around with cleats, sliding and diving, ripping up your lawn. But you best not complain about it when we leave because you can "wash it off with water"
Old 01-29-2013, 11:18 PM #26
BALLSOHARD!
Just a Balla' on a Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBTippy View Post
Lets set up a field at your house, we can get people to run around with cleats, sliding and diving, ripping up your lawn. But you best not complain about it when we leave because you can "wash it off with water"
Bro....you just nailed this SOB that started this thread!! Props my man!
Old 01-29-2013, 11:36 PM #27
batmite10
get out of my cave...

Exactly. This kid is acting like he should be entitled to their land, because they have it. He doesn't think about any of the ramifications or issues.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:49 PM #28
brienpeppers

brienpeppers owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickRowell View Post
Go to a Pentecostal church.
That **** gets intense. Never again.

Edit: oh and OP is a ******. How can it be unfathomable to you that the church doesn't want a loud messy paintball field on their nice property?

"In Soviet Russia bunker hides behind you."

Last edited by brienpeppers : 01-29-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:32 AM #29
pbnemy2

i got that idea, because i bothered to ASK THEM PERSONALLY, if they wanted to have that kind of activity, and they TOLD ME PERSONALLY, that they would like to try it, but they just keep jerking me around, about contacting the elders.
anyway, NBT HOW MANY of those church members, actually have the proper footwear, compared to instead of just having plain old tennis-shoes? sliding and diving? chances are, they're NOT PRO'S who have practiced those moves, so where do you get the presumptiousness to describe the scenario of a lawn, just getting shredded?

it's crap posts like that, that show me not to take a lot of you seriously, when you try to discuss anything.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:44 AM #30
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

has been a member for 10 years
When there is a nice comfy lawn, people will start sliding and diving. I find it kind of weird that you will get mad at an organization for not putting your personal ideas into action on their property. You are not taking the risk, it is all on them. Usually when I put ideas out there, I'll put it in such a way that the dude is informed and aware of the critical event and the choice is his to do something about it. There is no anger or pressure. I'll say, "Just to inform you." or "For your information, this and this is happening, I need your authorization to do this." Usually that person instantly helps me and gets the job done. I am sure the leader wants to be known for accomplishing his goals efficiently. The way I word the situation, he is free to prioritize the situation without feeling any pressure.

I don't believe a paintball field is a high priority to any church. I would like to believe it's greatest priority is feeding and clothing the poor, but this is not the case for most churches. Unfortunately, I believe the underlying priority is raising revenue by getting the church's name out there.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 01-30-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:19 AM #31
pbnemy2

Subterfuge, i do actually tell them that insurance companies won't cover that kind of activity in their policies, so that they can weigh the consequences, and they have still told me that they would like to try it. it's just the stalling and non-contact that bother me.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:02 AM #32
ultranoobify
Little spoon for life.

ultranoobify owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbnemy2 View Post
i got that idea, because i bothered to ASK THEM PERSONALLY, if they wanted to have that kind of activity, and they TOLD ME PERSONALLY, that they would like to try it, but they just keep jerking me around, about contacting the elders.
anyway, NBT HOW MANY of those church members, actually have the proper footwear, compared to instead of just having plain old tennis-shoes? sliding and diving? chances are, they're NOT PRO'S who have practiced those moves, so where do you get the presumptiousness to describe the scenario of a lawn, just getting shredded?

it's crap posts like that, that show me not to take a lot of you seriously, when you try to discuss anything.
It's grammar like this that causes others to not take you seriously. Even if people are not running around with cleats, there will be a lot of people running to the same spots. When you take down the field, all the grass will be dead in front of where the bunkers stood. Also, paint isn't that easy to just wash away. If it is not squeaky clean, the paint will turn to a disgusting white paste that is impossible to remove.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:20 AM #33
batmite10
get out of my cave...

Really ? You don't take us seriously, because it wasn't the answer you wanted to hear? You started off by saying places with big properties, and no paintball make you mad. Honestly it is their land. They can do what what they want with it. Paintball or no paintball.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:38 AM #34
dps093
My position=Deadbox

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbnemy2 View Post
Subterfuge, i do actually tell them that insurance companies won't cover that kind of activity in their policies, so that they can weigh the consequences, and they have still told me that they would like to try it. it's just the stalling and non-contact that bother me.
If insurance won't cover paintball on their properties, then it's a no-go. The second someone gets hurt, and decides to sue, you have a lawsuit on your hands. And guess who gets sued? Not you, the Church.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:56 PM #35
bostonkiter

Wow
Old 01-30-2013, 03:43 PM #36
pbnemy2

oh? so then, according to that pessimistic logic, WHY are there churches doing paintball, at all? hmm? the multiple examples that contradict your nay-saying, PROVES that someone at a church/youth center can be secure against litigation, if they just have a LITTLE FAITH in the personal accountability trait in their fellow human beings, and just go for it, to make something accessible to otherwise deprived youth/young adults, that is fun and imparts some sporting skills, should they choose to pursue pball professionally.

believe it or not, not everyone is out to sue someone else.

Last edited by pbnemy2 : 01-30-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:55 PM #37
pbnemy2

Nerdcore, that would be a good idea, actually, but unfortunately, i recently got laid off of my job, and so, i don't have the spare means to purchase such equipment.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:01 PM #38
Kbug
O.M.G.

Kbug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kbug supports Team VICIOUS
Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Empire
You're mad because a church won't start a paintball field? It's their property and they can do whatever they want with it. You want to get a field going, buy your own land and start one. And I can guarantee you that after a little while, it will get messy and the grass will get tore up. How many paintball fields have you seen that have perfectly cut grass with no tore up spots? Also, it would be a huge pain to go out there and clean of all the paint and pick up all the paintballs every week just to keep the place looking clean and decent.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:11 PM #39
pbnemy2

Kbug, here's a useful tip; there are now such things as wet/dry vacuums, leaf-blowers, that can SPEED UP a clean-up task.

i DON'T begrudge churches the refusal to have paintball, in and of itself. it's the jackass youth/acivity directors, that promise to talk to their elders, or even to let me follow-up visit, with some presentation materials, after giving me the impression that i would be allowed to make a pitch, for setting up a field.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:21 PM #40
ultranoobify
Little spoon for life.

ultranoobify owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Soooooo you would vacuum up all the paintballs at the end of the day?
Old 01-30-2013, 04:23 PM #41
Pyrate Jim

You want a meal, you go to a restaurant.
You want to watch a movie, you go to a theater.
You want to play paintball, you go to a church.

Have I got this right?
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
http://www.paintball-pti.com/
Old 01-30-2013, 04:39 PM #42
Kbug
O.M.G.

Kbug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kbug supports Team VICIOUS
Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate Jim View Post
You want a meal, you go to a restaurant.
You want to watch a movie, you go to a theater.
You want to play paintball, you go to a church.

Have I got this right?
Duh, everyone plays paintball at church. You must be a noob
Closed Thread