harbinger626
pump happy

harbinger626 supports Team VICIOUS
harbinger626 plays in the APPA beginner division
harbinger626 is attending Decay of Nations VI
harbinger626 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastter View Post
My friend always laughs at me because in woodsball I don't move up in the beginning, I'm like, dude, let the renters go out and have fun. I never ramp against rentals. If people ramp on me, they get it back. And he always gets mad when I don't pick the "good" players to be on our team. (Egos, dyes, empires).

That's what I hate about my friend. He literally played a game with 3 pods ramping his mini against ALL RENTALS. Then cries when I say it looks bad to do that.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not gay or flamboyant, but its the best thing in the world to be picking teams and having kids and parents laughing with smiles on their face, and excited to play. That's why when I pick teams, I try and let them pick.

I play every weekend, they most likely only play once in a lifetime.
remind him next time he makes mention that it is not fair to anyone when you stack a team you will only better your game if you go up aginst someone who is going to offer a challenge
t=3884848[/url],spy sunglasses
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post77080177
ion project
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3964188
harbinger626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2013, 12:59 AM #44
ahugs_shego

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
Chances are this isn't even happening, just some kid that has nothing else to post about.

The ones responding with the ignorant advice are just e-thugs who in person wouldn't say ****.

Unless you're playing outlaw ball, I don't see this being true at all. When this type of stuff happens, its usually handled by several of the players at the field coming together and just saying "wtf" to them. They realize they're being stupid, and it doesn't happen the rest of the day. Or the ref has handled it after it has happened.

All ages play recball, if someone is lighting up a 10 y/o kid or even a HS kid. If there is a experienced player on the field and he don't say anything, he's just as guilty. Also if the refs see it, allow it, they shouldn't be called refs. They should be called ignorant fools and be terminated from their position immediately.
That's a bit harsh.

This same exact thing used to happen at my field and happened to me pretty often when I was a new player. Fortunately as time went on we got some decent refs that actually cared and volunteered rather than just reffing because it was part of their sponsorship deal.

Unfortunately there's only so much the refs can do and eventually electronic guns were completely outlawed at our field except for every other Sunday. These Sundays became known as electric Sundays. At first we hated this but eventually it became apparent that it was for the best. We ended up with better turnouts on Saturdays and, since all the ballers showed up on the same day, scrimmages became a lot more competitive and productive.

The point of all of this is these players are bad for the sport, really bad. Before electric Sundays were implemented players like me, who showed up on Saturdays with our pump guns, got annoyed and our field owner got calls from 10 year old's mothers complaining that their son came home with 10 bruises on his back.
ahugs_shego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:32 AM #45
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahugs_shego View Post
The point of all of this is these players are bad for the sport, really bad. Before electric Sundays were implemented players like me, who showed up on Saturdays with our pump guns, got annoyed and our field owner got calls from 10 year old's mothers complaining that their son came home with 10 bruises on his back.
Awwww did mommy's wittle darling get a bruise PLAYING PAINTBALL??? Better call the field and complain!

How do you expect to not get at least a few bruises playing paintball? Maybe that kid's mom should have dropped him off at daycare instead. I'm not e-thugging here, but what do these kids expect to happen when they sign up for a game that involves small projectiles being shot at people?
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:34 AM #46
Rancid1845
Not Lazy........ Just Fat

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Rancid1845 is playing at Living Legends VI
Rancid1845 plays in the APPA D5 division
Rancid1845 supports Empire
GOG them.

T2 TOPGUN UNION
TOPGUN HOSTILE TAKEOVER
If it Shoots its "the ****"
Rancid1845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:50 AM #47
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
but what do these kids expect to happen when they sign up for a game that involves small projectiles being shot at people?
Exactly.... it should be apparent what happens when any projectice is sent at someone at a rate of 260-285 fps.... Too many parents drop their kids off at places and expect it to be an all day babysitter.

1/1 Factory Acid wash green splashed luxe... Cheap.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4281337
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:01 AM #48
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
That's a bit harsh.
Whats harsh? Truth hurts.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:33 AM #49
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
That's a bit harsh.

This same exact thing used to happen at my field and happened to me pretty often when I was a new player. Fortunately as time went on we got some decent refs that actually cared and volunteered rather than just reffing because it was part of their sponsorship deal.

Unfortunately there's only so much the refs can do and eventually electronic guns were completely outlawed at our field except for every other Sunday. These Sundays became known as electric Sundays. At first we hated this but eventually it became apparent that it was for the best. We ended up with better turnouts on Saturdays and, since all the ballers showed up on the same day, scrimmages became a lot more competitive and productive.

Seriously? You're at a paintball field, expect to come home with bruises. Nut up. And I don't know how to say this without being rude but you sound like a wuss.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:14 PM #50
Eastter
📷📷

Eastter is playing at Living Legends VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by harbinger626 View Post
remind him next time he makes mention that it is not fair to anyone when you stack a team you will only better your game if you go up aginst someone who is going to offer a challenge
Trust me, I try and tell him, but then he goes and gets all sad and my dad gets mad cause I'm "mean"

PM me or check out http://www.phpirates.com

Tampa Bay Area
Eastter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:30 PM #51
ahugs_shego

Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
Seriously? You're at a paintball field, expect to come home with bruises. Nut up. And I don't know how to say this without being rude but you sound like a wuss.
I don't want to initiate and e-peen measuring contest with you but I've been playing tournament and recreational paintball for a long time.

Yes, you should expect bruises as a result of a fun day at the field but having your whole chest, back, and head covered in welts is a bit unnerving for even an experienced player such as my self.

Paintball hurts when you're new to the sport and depending on your body type it hurts bad. Ramping = bonus balls, it's that simple. Experienced players like you and me have learned to live with this but for a new player its simply overwhelming. Recball should be and easy way for newbies to get their feet wet, not trial by fire.

Childish insults like yours and players like the OP mentioned are why we're not playing in the x-games already.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:41 PM #52
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
I don't want to initiate and e-peen measuring contest with you but I've been playing tournament and recreational paintball for a long time.

Yes, you should expect bruises as a result of a fun day at the field but having your whole chest, back, and head covered in welts is a bit unnerving for even an experienced player such as my self.

Paintball hurts when you're new to the sport and depending on your body type it hurts bad. Ramping = bonus balls, it's that simple. Experienced players like you and me have learned to live with this but for a new player its simply overwhelming. Recball should be and easy way for newbies to get their feet wet, not trial by fire.

Childish insults like yours and players like the OP mentioned are why we're not playing in the x-games already.
If the kid is afraid to get ramped on, then why is he stepping on the field with these guys with egos? We don't even know if they are actually ramping or not. Beginners tend to overhype their playing experience when they are afraid. If it's the case where these guys are actually going way harder than necessary on rentals, than that is a problem. But if this kid is willingly stepping on the field with these guys, and complaining about it hurts or welts, than it's his fault. He's probably overhyping the situation though. To play this sport, you can't be afraid to get hit. Those type of people won't last long in this sport.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:45 PM #53
noclue119
D3 to D4 in.... never

Annual Supporting Member
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noclue119 supports Team VICIOUS
noclue119 plays in the APPA D3 division
noclue119 supports Empire
Quote:
If the kid is afraid to get ramped on, then why is he stepping on the field with these guys with egos? We don't even know if they are actually ramping or not. Beginners tend to overhype their playing experience when they are afraid. If it's the case where these guys are actually going way harder than necessary on rentals, than that is a problem. But if this kid is willingly stepping on the field with these guys, and complaining about it hurts or welts, than it's his fault. He's probably overhyping the situation though. To play this sport, you can't be afraid to get hit. Those type of people won't last long in this sport.
This. You know how many time people say they "hit me" when the balls are 50 feet away? Beginners over hype things.
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:05 PM #54
ahugs_shego

Quote:
The newbies are not the problem. Newbs will be newbs, they don't know any better. Depending on how your field is run these players might be unavoidable.

Honestly it doesn't matter if they're ramping or not, they shouldn't be on the field with egos and pods playing against rentals unless it's 20 on 5 or something like that. Playing against rentals is fine as long as you don't have an unfair advantage over them.

True, if you're afraid you probably aren't having fun but I think getting bunkered or bonus balled is what makes some players afraid.

I think if all fields were run like the one I mentioned our sport would be much more popular or perhaps even mainstream by now.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:05 PM #55
ultranoobify
Little spoon for life.

ultranoobify owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
This. You know how many time people say they "hit me" when the balls are 50 feet away? Beginners over hype things.
Yeah I usually shoot at nothing in particular while yelling, "Get him out on his face. On his face! On his face, REFFFFFFF! Get that cheater out!"
Old 02-01-2013, 02:28 PM #56
noclue119
D3 to D4 in.... never

Annual Supporting Member
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noclue119 supports Team VICIOUS
noclue119 plays in the APPA D3 division
noclue119 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultranoobify View Post
Yeah I usually shoot at nothing in particular while yelling, "Get him out on his face. On his face! On his face, REFFFFFFF! Get that cheater out!"
You might. I have no idea.

But most time it is that people think they are shooting a stream at you when in fact their stream is 10 feet too short.
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:39 PM #57
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
The newbies are not the problem. Newbs will be newbs, they don't know any better. Depending on how your field is run these players might be unavoidable.

Honestly it doesn't matter if they're ramping or not, they shouldn't be on the field with egos and pods playing against rentals unless it's 20 on 5 or something like that. Playing against rentals is fine as long as you don't have an unfair advantage over them.

True, if you're afraid you probably aren't having fun but I think getting bunkered or bonus balled is what makes some players afraid.

I think if all fields were run like the one I mentioned our sport would be much more popular or perhaps even mainstream by now.
At the field I ref at, for the most part, if their a group of rentals, we will let them play a bunch of games first to get used to the feel of getting shot. And most of them are fine with it, kids included. Then later on we will ask if they want to mix in with another group or some walk-ons for a few games, and most of the time, they say yes. The walk-ons and experienced group don't go too hard, and everyone has a fun time, including the rental groups when we combine. The more the better. They shouldn't be forever separated. Eventually, the people who will be in this sport long time are the ones who aren't afraid to get hit. Yes, a kid will probably be scared the first couple of times by getting hit, but eventually, he will be fine, and then transform into an experienced player. That is how it works
Old 02-01-2013, 03:47 PM #58
ultranoobify
Little spoon for life.

ultranoobify owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
You might. I have no idea.

But most time it is that people think they are shooting a stream at you when in fact their stream is 10 feet too short.
That wasn't sarcasm. It's pretty fun. I suggest trying it sometime.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:06 PM #59
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
People ramp all the time at my field. They don't care if they are shooting up rentals or experienced players, they ramp anyway. Yes, it pisses me off... but what can you do? I just learn to deal with it. The main reason i hate it is because of how much i get overshot. I'll get shot out and as im trying to walk off the field i get hit with another 5 or 6 paintballs. Its really unnecessary. Like others have said, it's the way paintball is these days. Everyone has high tech guns and uses them to their full advantage. I shoot an electro myself but i only use semi.
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:21 PM #60
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
I just dont understand... maybe paintball is different in other parts but around this area, that doesn't happen all too often.

Although, I do yell hit, like a man not a sheep. I do put my gun up, I do wait for said stream to finish before I get up, I dont stand up into the stream of paint coming at me then ***** about being overshot...

Old 02-01-2013, 05:01 PM #61
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
I just dont understand... maybe paintball is different in other parts but around this area, that doesn't happen all too often.

Although, I do yell hit, like a man not a sheep. I do put my gun up, I do wait for said stream to finish before I get up, I dont stand up into the stream of paint coming at me then ***** about being overshot...
That's what I explain to the rental players. That if you get shot once by a ramping gun, wait until the stream is done. Just put your gun or hand up to signify you are out. We never have any problems that way.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:57 PM #62
Ttrunk420
California Grown

I always give known wipers a couple extra in the back as they are walking out, it's not gonna stop them from wiping but it gives me just a bit of satisfaction. As for rampers, I just one ball em in the face with my pump, it's funny how badly that pisses them off.
Ttrunk420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:45 PM #63
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttrunk420 View Post
I always give known wipers a couple extra in the back as they are walking out, it's not gonna stop them from wiping but it gives me just a bit of satisfaction. As for rampers, I just one ball em in the face with my pump, it's funny how badly that pisses them off.

SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote