PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-28-2013, 01:52 PM #22
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

has been a member for 10 years
The last thing a frontman needs is attention.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2013, 02:16 PM #23
Italian Mafia Shots
Wut

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Italian Mafia Shots supports Empire
I love when people think ramping is the issue. Assuming your field has a cap of 12.5 like most do, it's not even worth mentioning. I could teach your grandfather how to walk a trigger at 13bps in minutes. High ends aren't the issue either. You can buy a Mini that will keep pace right with any high-end on semi with today's restrictions.

That said, talk to the reffs about the wiping. If that doesn't help, then the field owners. Then if all else fails, bonus ball.
Italian Mafia Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:19 PM #24
FalconPunchKid
St. Louis Hustle

Annual Supporting Member
FalconPunchKid is BST Legit
FalconPunchKid is playing at Living Legends VII
FalconPunchKid owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FalconPunchKid plays in the APPA D4 division
FalconPunchKid supports DLX Technology
FalconPunchKid supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Mafia Shots View Post
I love when people think ramping is the issue. Assuming your field has a cap of 12.5 like most do, it's not even worth mentioning. I could teach your grandfather how to walk a trigger at 13bps in minutes. High ends aren't the issue either. You can buy a Mini that will keep pace right with any high-end on semi with today's restrictions.

That said, talk to the reffs about the wiping. If that doesn't help, then the field owners. Then if all else fails, bonus ball.

I'd like to see more fields use UWL for the woods which is semi capped at 10. And psp for the hyper and Airball. Which is ramp capped at 12.5

Anthony Antle
FalconPunchKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:19 PM #25
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports DLX Technology
From reading the OP's post, it sounds more like a 12 year old rental who was scared or jealous of these people. But either way, it's paintball. If you don't like it, don't play with them.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:23 PM #26
TheOrangeGuy
Ready_Fire!_Aim

TheOrangeGuy supports Team VICIOUS
TheOrangeGuy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheOrangeGuy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconPunchKid View Post

I'd like to see more fields use UWL for the woods which is semi capped at 10. And psp for the hyper and Airball. Which is ramp capped at 12.5
Agreed, that's why ilike my field. Semi only, 10 bps for both
Empire Axe and Azodin Blitz (back-up gun)
Ninja 68/4500 carbon fiber and 48/3000 tanks
Dye Rotor and Halo Too Hoopers
TheOrangeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:52 PM #27
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy

Gyvanth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If you've already told the refs and they asked the guy to stop, and then you personally ask the guy to stop and he doesn't, aim for the throat.
Gyvanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:59 PM #28
ultranoobify
Little spoon for life.

ultranoobify owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
So from my understanding, 90% of the advice in this thread is saying be good at paintball. Bravo people. Bravo.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:29 PM #29
BiG MaN KemP
Custom User Title

BiG MaN KemP has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
1. play pump or mech semi
2. win
3. haters gonna hate
4. get *****es
Old 01-28-2013, 06:39 PM #30
MyTh_ReMuS
GotKills? Paint Whore

MyTh_ReMuS is BST Trusted
MyTh_ReMuS is playing at Living Legends V
MyTh_ReMuS owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
MyTh_ReMuS owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MaN KemP View Post
1. play pump or mech semi
2. win
3. haters gonna hate
4. get *****es
LOL thats my plan this year pump pump pump
MyTh_ReMuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:04 PM #31
gopb1005

Alright guys :/ I think I get the idea now. -_-
gopb1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:25 AM #32
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Mafia Shots View Post

On paper, that argument may hold water -- but in reality, in a recreational setting, the presence of ramping does make a big difference. Typically, if fields allow ramping in environments where there are rental-Tippy players, they are also not enforcing a bps cap. I have played at fields where noobs showed up with their recently-aquired [insert high-end gun here] and had them set for unlimited bps ramping. Granted, their gameplay was pathetic, but they did ruin the day for many beginners.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, there is always a difference between ramping and even uncapped semi, even if the ramping is capped at 12.5. With pure semi, any instance of overshooting is almost ALWAYS intentional, because it requires a more deliberate action of continually walking the trigger. With ramping engaged, far more "accidents" happen.

That said, I personally enjoy going up against ramping players. I find it particularly useful to always know their location and intent. As Subterfuge stated earlier, I personally find ramping strategically unsound and it actually forces me to play worse. I use semi only and that affords me a greater degree of shooting dynamics; an art all but lost on today's generation of players...

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:58 AM #33
skitzo_paintballer
Im Jacks smirking revenge

skitzo_paintballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
skitzo_paintballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
skitzo_paintballer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Well in my experience unless its speedball ramping has no place. Wiping has no place either in any format. If know who the guys are challenge them to play without ramping and see if they really can play. Insult their pride then show them they ain't ****.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:51 PM #34
bth9461

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopb1005 View Post
Alright their are guys with egos that love to ramp and go to the same field every time. They ramp like crazy and carries a bunch of pods so they don't run out. They nonstop shoot. The worst part is I found out that some wipe. What should I do when I play them? The refs aren't the greatest, they just sit back and wait till the game is done.
I think you have a valid issue here. This is Poor Sportsmanship to the nth degree.

This is a ownership issue ultimately. You can approach the offending knuckle heads, especially as a group of concerned players. If that gets you nowhere, and the refs have lost control, you need to take it to the owner/manager. Maybe they don't really care about their product, quality of play on their field. But maybe they do?

If the Ownership fails to back you up then your choices are to fight fire with fire, but don't be surprised if this only gets more poor sportsmanship across the whole field. You could find yourself playing in a total wiping zone.

The other choice is to find a new place to play or create one yourself.

I am hoping ownership would take you seriously. Approach them with several concerned players. If the ref situation is weak, well keep in mind many fields have limited resources. So if a group of concerned players offered to help ref it could make a huge difference. You and your buddies take turns sitting out some games and volunteer ref. Refs need to be fearless and wade into the hot spots and make timely calls. With a core group of voluteer refs, you could change the sportsmanship on this field. If ownership backs you up.

PS. I faced a similar situation a long time ago and quit playing for the day. I took control of the game as a volunteer ref. The field had teenage kids as refs that day and a few jerks were ruining it for all concerned. I rallied the young refs and returned order to the play. The jerks were undercontrol for awhile , but I did have to throw them off eventually. Ownership backed me up. You can make a difference especially if others join in with you.

It would be better to resort to Good Sportmanship, rather than resorting to fighting Fire with Fire. Once you get to a certain level of High Sportsmanship it should become second nature at that field. You need to speak up about poor sportsmanship when you see it though. It helps if your core group of players are of the same mind on this issue.

PSS. I am also a former field owner.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:28 PM #35
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by bth9461 View Post
I think you have a valid issue here. This is Poor Sportsmanship to the nth degree.

This is a ownership issue ultimately. You can approach the offending knuckle heads, especially as a group of concerned players. If that gets you nowhere, and the refs have lost control, you need to take it to the owner/manager. Maybe they don't really care about their product, quality of play on their field. But maybe they do?

If the Ownership fails to back you up then your choices are to fight fire with fire, but don't be surprised if this only gets more poor sportsmanship across the whole field. You could find yourself playing in a total wiping zone.

The other choice is to find a new place to play or create one yourself.

I am hoping ownership would take you seriously. Approach them with several concerned players. If the ref situation is weak, well keep in mind many fields have limited resources. So if a group of concerned players offered to help ref it could make a huge difference. You and your buddies take turns sitting out some games and volunteer ref. Refs need to be fearless and wade into the hot spots and make timely calls. With a core group of voluteer refs, you could change the sportsmanship on this field. If ownership backs you up.

PS. I faced a similar situation a long time ago and quit playing for the day. I took control of the game as a volunteer ref. The field had teenage kids as refs that day and a few jerks were ruining it for all concerned. I rallied the young refs and returned order to the play. The jerks were undercontrol for awhile , but I did have to throw them off eventually. Ownership backed me up. You can make a difference especially if others join in with you.

It would be better to resort to Good Sportmanship, rather than resorting to fighting Fire with Fire. Once you get to a certain level of High Sportsmanship it should become second nature at that field. You need to speak up about poor sportsmanship when you see it though. It helps if your core group of players are of the same mind on this issue.

PSS. I am also a former field owner.
It's a rather sad state of affairs though when the owners of a business have to be guided by the hand by their customers because they can't see the nose in front of their face.

Having said that, I agree that a word with the owner is a good idea. Let them know that the actions of some of their customers is taking the value of playing at their field away from many of their other customers and it's likely costing them a lot of money. They are letting a few players run their business into the ground.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:12 PM #36
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends III
7paintball supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
It's a rather sad state of affairs though when the owners of a business have to be guided by the hand by their customers because they can't see the nose in front of their face.

Having said that, I agree that a word with the owner is a good idea. Let them know that the actions of some of their customers is taking the value of playing at their field away from many of their other customers and it's likely costing them a lot of money. They are letting a few players run their business into the ground.
As an owner they should be out making sure the players are all having a great time. Just seems like someone is being lazy.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:22 AM #37
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7paintball View Post
As an owner they should be out making sure the players are all having a great time. Just seems like someone is being lazy.
Which is why half the time I don't believe any of these stories. I've been to some really ****ty fields but the owner was still at the field making sure people had fun.

Sure, I've been to some fields where the ref's were damn lazy but, they were also fair when it came to people beating up on the new guys. Hell, I've passed judgement on a ref that wasn't doing a damn thing all day, just being lazy. However, when he had the chance to take a new guy under his wing and show him the ropes as the group got bigger and more ref's showed up. It was like he was a different person, almost as if he needed a challenge. Also, the other players that did have experience usually didn't even let that happen or if it did, the people beating up on the new guys got their **** checked real quick. Which is why I also have a hard time believing these stories.

On the flip side, I've been to fields where they have seperate groups and sometimes the renters or people that even have their own equipment jump in the "advance" group when they have absolutely no business playing in that group (I get its a free world and players can do as they please) but then they complain about ramping, overshot, lack of equipment, etc anything that someone would ***** about. There are 2 sides to a story, maybe the OP jumped in w/ a group that he shouldn't of been in? Every time I go and play speedball, I assume the risk that I'm being to get hit by a STREAM of paint. So anything less than 3 hits is considered lucky in my book.

1/1 Factory Acid wash green splashed luxe... Cheap.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4281337

Last edited by rexisme : 01-31-2013 at 07:29 AM.
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:04 AM #38
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
Which is why half the time I don't believe any of these stories. I've been to some really ****ty fields but the owner was still at the field making sure people had fun.

Sure, I've been to some fields where the ref's were damn lazy but, they were also fair when it came to people beating up on the new guys. Hell, I've passed judgement on a ref that wasn't doing a damn thing all day, just being lazy. However, when he had the chance to take a new guy under his wing and show him the ropes as the group got bigger and more ref's showed up. It was like he was a different person, almost as if he needed a challenge. Also, the other players that did have experience usually didn't even let that happen or if it did, the people beating up on the new guys got their **** checked real quick. Which is why I also have a hard time believing these stories.

On the flip side, I've been to fields where they have seperate groups and sometimes the renters or people that even have their own equipment jump in the "advance" group when they have absolutely no business playing in that group (I get its a free world and players can do as they please) but then they complain about ramping, overshot, lack of equipment, etc anything that someone would ***** about. There are 2 sides to a story, maybe the OP jumped in w/ a group that he shouldn't of been in? Every time I go and play speedball, I assume the risk that I'm being to get hit by a STREAM of paint. So anything less than 3 hits is considered lucky in my book.
I agree 100% As a referee, I make sure no one goes hard on the rentals, but at the same time, I hate when the rentals hop on, then complain about getting hit. It's paintball, what did you expect? lol
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:39 PM #39
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
I agree 100% As a referee, I make sure no one goes hard on the rentals, but at the same time, I hate when the rentals hop on, then complain about getting hit. It's paintball, what did you expect? lol
Exactly.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:03 PM #40
Eastter
📷📷

Eastter is playing at Living Legends VI
My friend always laughs at me because in woodsball I don't move up in the beginning, I'm like, dude, let the renters go out and have fun. I never ramp against rentals. If people ramp on me, they get it back. And he always gets mad when I don't pick the "good" players to be on our team. (Egos, dyes, empires).

That's what I hate about my friend. He literally played a game with 3 pods ramping his mini against ALL RENTALS. Then cries when I say it looks bad to do that.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not gay or flamboyant, but its the best thing in the world to be picking teams and having kids and parents laughing with smiles on their face, and excited to play. That's why when I pick teams, I try and let them pick.

I play every weekend, they most likely only play once in a lifetime.

PM me or check out http://www.phpirates.com

Tampa Bay Area
Eastter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:45 PM #41
NiX0N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastter View Post
My friend always laughs at me because in woodsball I don't move up in the beginning, I'm like, dude, let the renters go out and have fun. I never ramp against rentals. If people ramp on me, they get it back. And he always gets mad when I don't pick the "good" players to be on our team. (Egos, dyes, empires).

That's what I hate about my friend. He literally played a game with 3 pods ramping his mini against ALL RENTALS. Then cries when I say it looks bad to do that.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not gay or flamboyant, but its the best thing in the world to be picking teams and having kids and parents laughing with smiles on their face, and excited to play. That's why when I pick teams, I try and let them pick.

I play every weekend, they most likely only play once in a lifetime.
This is a good strategy...Not sure why you're talking about sexuality here though
NiX0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:50 PM #42
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
Get an Ego and see of you can sit at their lunch table.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote