Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-27-2013, 08:22 PM #1
gopb1005

Wiping Ramping Egos

Alright their are guys with egos that love to ramp and go to the same field every time. They ramp like crazy and carries a bunch of pods so they don't run out. They nonstop shoot. The worst part is I found out that some wipe. What should I do when I play them? The refs aren't the greatest, they just sit back and wait till the game is done.
gopb1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2013, 08:31 PM #2
eclipse hunter

I personally wouldn't worry that much, that's waht paintball is now aday's everyone lights each other up and u can't really do anything about it but light em up back lol
Old 01-27-2013, 08:35 PM #3
gopb1005

Yeah, it's bad for the sport though. Ramping on ten year olds? (They actually did that) it's just irritating to see cheaters on the field thinking their so good.
gopb1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:35 PM #4
Bump_Pitch

Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Shoot them until they cry
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:47 PM #5
inferno2inferno

This is case where the pure-honest-shot-to-the-face is the best avenue of approach. Denying a goggle hit on the lenses is a near impossible feat and should shake them up enough for you to nail them repeatedly until they walk off.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:56 PM #6
FalconPunchKid
St. Louis Hustle

Annual Supporting Member
FalconPunchKid is BST Legit
FalconPunchKid is playing at Living Legends VII
FalconPunchKid owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FalconPunchKid plays in the APPA D4 division
FalconPunchKid supports DLX Technology
FalconPunchKid supports Empire
Just play paintball. Don't worry about what other fools do. If there shooting like crazy just maneuver around them. Be more tactful. And if there wiping just give em a few more bonus balls as an encouragement to call themselves out. If that doesn't work get an ego for yourself and carry a mountain of pods too. Ever hear the saying if you can't beat em join em.

Anthony Antle
FalconPunchKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:46 PM #7
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopb1005 View Post
Alright their are guys with egos that love to ramp and go to the same field every time. They ramp like crazy and carries a bunch of pods so they don't run out. They nonstop shoot. The worst part is I found out that some wipe. What should I do when I play them? The refs aren't the greatest, they just sit back and wait till the game is done.

What you need to do is NEVER stop shooting them until a hand goes up or they cover their heads and cower in submission. If you're unable to do that then I'm sure there are some honest veteran players who would jump at the chance to give these guys an education (I know I would).

Unfortunately, the ramping thing is kind of a reality at many fields. However, the wiping thing is not what normal players do. They are still, in fact, in the minority. Anyone who wipes is a douchebag, I don't care if he/she is a noob or a pro.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:53 PM #8
FalconPunchKid
St. Louis Hustle

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post
What you need to do is NEVER stop shooting them until a hand goes up or they cover their heads and cower in submission. If you're unable to do that then I'm sure there are some honest veteran players who would jump at the chance to give these guys an education (I know I would).

Unfortunately, the ramping thing is kind of a reality at many fields. However, the wiping thing is not what normal players do. They are still, in fact, in the minority. Anyone who wipes is a douchebag, I don't care if he/she is a noob or a pro.
Educate them how?

Anthony Antle
Old 01-27-2013, 11:20 PM #9
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

"It's bad for the sport!"

SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:24 AM #10
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y plays in the APPA D4 division
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
"It's bad for the sport!"

Ramping on kids IS bad for the sport. There's no quicker way to turn a potential new player away by giving him unneccessary pain.

I actually just came back from trying a local field that has these kind of players on it. It's a strictly recball field with no airball, thus ramping, wiping, and overshooting have no place here.

I complained to the refs on 3 occasions and saw them pull him out and talk to him. When he kept overshooting myself and others I finally pulled him aside and told him what he was doing and asked him to stop. When he didn't I simply hurt him back. He went home very angry with multiple welts and bruises. Sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Dangerous Power Rev-I // PM6 // Angel Speed 05 FST
Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:20 AM #11
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconPunchKid View Post
Educate them how?
Take them out every game and as early as possible, with multiple hits to the head that are difficult to wipe. If they're the type that goes out and ramps against noobs, then I guarantee they're not skilled enough to take on someone with talent.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:04 AM #12
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopb1005 View Post
Are there any other fields around that might be run differently?
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:48 AM #13
liquidfiretibby

Annual Supporting Member
liquidfiretibby is BST Legit
liquidfiretibby plays in the PSP
liquidfiretibby owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
liquidfiretibby posts videos on PbNation
liquidfiretibby plays in the APPA D4 division
liquidfiretibby has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
while i hate bonus balls, wiping and just overplaying against rentals, unless the field has a strict no ramping policy, quit your *****ing!

i know some fields dont allow it in recball and some do. if you are at a field that does, you have to accept that if you're going to continue playing there.

also, who cares how much paint they take on the field....are you jealous cuz you dont have "new" equipment, or yours isnt as nice?

United
liquidfiretibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:59 AM #14
docbiddy
iBlastfools

docbiddy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
docbiddy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
docbiddy plays in the APPA D4 division
docbiddy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
shoot them first, and wipe on them if they do it to you.
docbiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:34 AM #15
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Makes one wonder about the future of our game when the advice to the OP's predicament is mostly of retaliation with similar behaviour.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:55 AM #16
TheOrangeGuy
Ready_Fire!_Aim

TheOrangeGuy supports Team VICIOUS
TheOrangeGuy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheOrangeGuy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The field I go to is a no ramping and caps all markers to 280 chrono and 10 bps. I love it. Even when I go to other fields that don't have caps I leave my marker at that. As for wiping players I let my experience and skill do the talking. But I will never cheat just to get back at them. I beat them following the rules. That's all you can really do. Sometimes if you let the refs know about the wiping player they will watch them closer and pull there band if they cheat.
Empire Axe and Azodin Blitz (back-up gun)
Ninja 68/4500 carbon fiber and 48/3000 tanks
Dye Rotor and Halo Too Hoopers
TheOrangeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:37 PM #17
FalconPunchKid
St. Louis Hustle

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post
Take them out every game and as early as possible, with multiple hits to the head that are difficult to wipe. If they're the type that goes out and ramps against noobs, then I guarantee they're not skilled enough to take on someone with talent.
There likely noobs themselves. Just have parents with $$$

Anthony Antle
Old 01-28-2013, 01:14 PM #18
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Makes one wonder about the future of our game when the advice to the OP's predicament is mostly of retaliation with similar behaviour.
Chances are this isn't even happening, just some kid that has nothing else to post about.

The ones responding with the ignorant advice are just e-thugs who in person wouldn't say ****.

Unless you're playing outlaw ball, I don't see this being true at all. When this type of stuff happens, its usually handled by several of the players at the field coming together and just saying "wtf" to them. They realize they're being stupid, and it doesn't happen the rest of the day. Or the ref has handled it after it has happened.

All ages play recball, if someone is lighting up a 10 y/o kid or even a HS kid. If there is a experienced player on the field and he don't say anything, he's just as guilty. Also if the refs see it, allow it, they shouldn't be called refs. They should be called ignorant fools and be terminated from their position immediately.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:23 PM #19
FalconPunchKid
St. Louis Hustle

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
Chances are this isn't even happening, just some kid that has nothing else to post about.

The ones responding with the ignorant advice are just e-thugs who in person wouldn't say ****.

Unless you're playing outlaw ball, I don't see this being true at all. When this type of stuff happens, its usually handled by several of the players at the field coming together and just saying "wtf" to them. They realize they're being stupid, and it doesn't happen the rest of the day. Or the ref has handled it after it has happened.

All ages play recball, if someone is lighting up a 10 y/o kid or even a HS kid. If there is a experienced player on the field and he don't say anything, he's just as guilty. Also if the refs see it, allow it, they shouldn't be called refs. They should be called ignorant fools and be terminated from their position immediately.

Every situation is open to interpretation. I would not have gone as far to call complete BS on the kid

Anthony Antle
Old 01-28-2013, 01:42 PM #20
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

has been a member for 10 years
Understand that ramping is stupid. I have the option to ramp my marker, but I find it strategically unsound. It irritated me when my rental ramped because it interfered with how I eliminated players. It also revealed to the other team that I indeed changed my location.

What can you do about it? You can use the rampers as a learning tool. Whenever they pick you on their team, go to the other side to even it out.

Wipers you can solve by not hesitating. When you eliminate someone, the time counts down until the whole other team knows that a certain side of the field is not covered. When a player is busy wiping, most of the time that area of the field he was covering, is not covered. So if you know you hit someone and he tucks in, MOVE preferably to a bunker that compromises him. When he finishes wiping he won't have a clue. Sometimes I bunker the guy as he is wiping.

Ramping high end marker newbies give me license to play as aggressive and relentless as possible. Look at it this way, and you will relish the opportunity to play to your full potential without holding back. Just make sure the rampers don't know who you are or what you are planning. It is best to remain anonymous and not take credit for eliminating them. Because if they don't know who you are, you can easily take them all out of the game again.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:46 PM #21
FalconPunchKid
St. Louis Hustle

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subterfuge View Post
Understand that ramping is stupid. I have the option to ramp my marker, but I find it strategically unsound. It irritated me when my rental ramped because it interfered with how I eliminated players. It also revealed to the other team that I indeed changed my location.

What can you do about it? You can use the rampers as a learning tool. Whenever they pick you on their team, go to the other side to even it out.

Wipers you can solve by not hesitating. When you eliminate someone, the time counts down until the whole other team knows that a certain side of the field is not covered. When a player is busy wiping, most of the time that area of the field he was covering, is not covered. So if you know you hit someone and he tucks in, MOVE preferably to a bunker that compromises him. When he finishes wiping he won't have a clue. Sometimes I bunker the guy as he is wiping.

Ramping high end marker newbies give me license to play as aggressive and relentless as possible. Look at it this way, and you will relish the opportunity to play to your full potential without holding back. Just make sure the rampers don't know who you are or what you are planning. It is best to remain anonymous and not take credit for eliminating them. Because if they don't know who you are, you can easily take them all out of the game again.

Woah guys we have a ninja over here.

Anthony Antle