Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 05:47 PM #1
Jams419
AKA - Jackal
 
Jams419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CT but 518 at heart
Jams419 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Jams419 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jams419 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
velocity issue

OK I have looked all over for answers, and now I'm going to ask all of you.

Recently I picked up a UCONN Huskies DM9 in a trade. I am having problems getting it to shoot above 270.

First off, I have changed the battery. Tried 3 different ones in fact, so that is not the issue.

I have rebuilt the HPR and pressure tested it. Currently its output is set to 150 psi (factory is 145 psi).

I have done a rebuild on the LPR and have tried it from 2 turns all the way out to 4 turns and no increase in velocity.

I have done a full oring rebuild on the bolt, no leaks that I can hear.

Just because I had the parts I also replaced the solenoid, eyes, eye pipe and eye seat.

I have tried 3 different boards , including an OLED board.

I have shot it outside and from my bedroom window just in case temperature was the issue

I am shooting **** walmart paint to test but I should still be able to get it to shoot at velocity.

If anyone has any ideas that I haven't thought of yet please sound off.

Thanks in advance.

Jams419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2013, 06:01 PM #2
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner
 
grss429's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: N.C
grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jams419 View Post
OK I have looked all over for answers, and now I'm going to ask all of you.

Recently I picked up a UCONN Huskies DM9 in a trade. I am having problems getting it to shoot above 270.

First off, I have changed the battery. Tried 3 different ones in fact, so that is not the issue.

I have rebuilt the HPR and pressure tested it. Currently its output is set to 150 psi (factory is 145 psi).

I have done a rebuild on the LPR and have tried it from 2 turns all the way out to 4 turns and no increase in velocity.

I have done a full oring rebuild on the bolt, no leaks that I can hear.

Just because I had the parts I also replaced the solenoid, eyes, eye pipe and eye seat.

I have tried 3 different boards , including an OLED board.

I have shot it outside and from my bedroom window just in case temperature was the issue

I am shooting **** walmart paint to test but I should still be able to get it to shoot at velocity.

If anyone has any ideas that I haven't thought of yet please sound off.

Thanks in advance.


Well, you seemed to try and trouble shoot it yourself, you did a good job, rebuilding HPR etc.

the issue here is your HPR shim stack.. you're missing a shim or two, or there not in correctly. only thing it can be

should be 13 shims
__________________
B'Fins Paintball Tech
My gun repair/cleaning/tech service

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:05 PM #3
Jams419
AKA - Jackal
 
Jams419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CT but 518 at heart
Jams419 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Jams419 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jams419 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by grss429 View Post
Well, you seemed to try and trouble shoot it yourself, you did a good job, rebuilding HPR etc.

the issue here is your HPR shim stack.. you're missing a shim or two, or there not in correctly. only thing it can be

should be 13 shims
13?

The stickies said 12. I have 12.

What should the stack look like? I do have a spare shim in my repair kit.
Jams419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:22 PM #4
braveboys85
 
 
braveboys85's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NC
braveboys85 plays in the PSP
braveboys85 plays in the APPA D3 division
Should be ||-)()()()()()()
__________________
R.I.P BAD MOJO
R.I.P BR BOYZ
REPPIN DM-MAFIA
braveboys85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:25 PM #5
Jams419
AKA - Jackal
 
Jams419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CT but 518 at heart
Jams419 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Jams419 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jams419 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by braveboys85 View Post
Should be ||-)()()()()()()
alright, thats what I have now.
going to check it in a few minutes.
Jams419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:46 PM #6
Jams419
AKA - Jackal
 
Jams419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CT but 518 at heart
Jams419 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Jams419 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jams419 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
that did the trick.

with an almost empty tank I got 307, 294, 297, 301.

Thanks for the help guys. Now to put the eigenring back in and tune it up.
Jams419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:27 AM #7
speedy2k4
BSH University
 
speedy2k4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MD
Annual Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is BST Legit
Check your pressure again. 150psi is 150psi regardless of what reg or how many shims you have, if your velocity went up it's probably because your pressure went up.

If you are shooting undersized wal mart paint in the stock barrel you may need to go well over the 145psi specified operating pressure to reach your desired velocity.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:06 AM #8
Jams419
AKA - Jackal
 
Jams419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CT but 518 at heart
Jams419 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Jams419 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jams419 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post
Check your pressure again. 150psi is 150psi regardless of what reg or how many shims you have, if your velocity went up it's probably because your pressure went up.

If you are shooting undersized wal mart paint in the stock barrel you may need to go well over the 145psi specified operating pressure to reach your desired velocity.
as I stated in the post above, the missing shim fixed my issues.
Jams419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:13 AM #9
speedy2k4
BSH University
 
speedy2k4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MD
Annual Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is BST Legit
Changing the number of shims changes the output pressure range. 150psi can be achieved with a different # of shims, it will just require a different adjustment point. If you leave the seat retainer (adjuster) alone and add a shim, you will increase the output pressure of the reg because the pressure applied to the piston will need to be greater before it will compress the stack enough to seal on the seat.

Different Hyper 3's come with a different # of shims depending on what marker they were made for and who was assembling them. I've seen DM9's with both 12 and 13, I've heard Dye reps say both 12 and 13. Either will work.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump