Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-27-2013, 11:35 AM #1
Baka123

I come looking for help!

I recently bought a smart parts ion. The gun worked perfectly, but the person I bought it from suggested I put new orings in it. I ordered a set off of ebay and installed them. The gun continued to function perfectly. That night I forgot to depressurize the gun. It sat for at least 15 hours charged. After that it would not fire. I took the gun apart multiple times and read tons of posts. I tracked the problem down to the armature that is in the solenoid. The rubber on the armature had absorbed co2 and swelled. I got the gun working again by holding a flame to the armature causing the gas to expand and release from the rubber. Now the gun will shoot but it is having issues.

First off the gun will not always shoot when the trigger is pulled, the light lights indicating the trigger has been pulled but it will not fire. If I rapidly hit the trigger the gun will start firing. When it doesn't fire, I feel a small puff of air come out of the bottom of the solenoid. There are also times when it does not fire and I dont feel the solenoid move and get no puff of air. I am also not leaking any gas out of the solenoid. I had to set it triple shot just to be sure it would fire when I was playing yesterday.

Secondly, I seem to be experiencing FSDO.

Are the two related? I have thought maybe the armature is sticking but when taken apart it moves freely and bounces with every trigger pull. So that tells me the trouble comes when it is pressurized. Could that mean the coil isn't producing enough power to move the armature under pressure?

Basically I am wondering if the whole solenoid needs to be replaced or just the armature or if it is neither of the two.

Thanks
Baka123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2013, 12:13 PM #2
tyronejk
titular

tyronejk is an NCPA player
tyronejk plays in the APPA beginner division
I'm pretty sure holding a flame to the armature ruined it. I'd definitely change that and then check if it still has problems later. Best case scenario, just the armature is damaged and needs to be replaced. Worst case scenario, the solenoid housing and/or hoses and/or banjo fittings are damaged and need to be replaced.

Theoretical max efficiency of a marker
Automated paintball turret
tyronejk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:36 AM #3
AnXiEtYxBeAsT

Same here I bought my ion off of a guy and it doesn't shoot above 190 fps ... When I turn the velocity up it starts to not shoot ... But if it is up a little but like around 200 fps I pull the trigger and can hear a little puff then after a couple of trigger pulls it starts firing normally... But set it up higher than 200 and it won't shoot at all... I always thought its the regulator..
Old 01-28-2013, 09:29 AM #4
chives3300

Try a new 9v battery.

Also, adjust dwell. Zero it down, then increase it until the bolt fully cycles like it should.
chives3300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:10 PM #5
ballahamman32
BOOM!!

Annual Supporting Member
ballahamman32 is BST Legit
ballahamman32 is playing at Living Legends VII
ballahamman32 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
ballahamman32 supports DLX Technology
ballahamman32 supports Empire
I no where youu can get a new armeture text me 7175526666

I fix ions leaks not shooting tuning, I also fix broken ion boards pm me for prices on any ion instillations or prices for fixing/ maintenance!!

SMART PARTS ION PARTS STOCK/UPGRADED ------> http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post77505767
ballahamman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:36 PM #6
tyronejk
titular

tyronejk is an NCPA player
tyronejk plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnXiEtYxBeAsT View Post
Same here I bought my ion off of a guy and it doesn't shoot above 190 fps ... When I turn the velocity up it starts to not shoot ... But if it is up a little but like around 200 fps I pull the trigger and can hear a little puff then after a couple of trigger pulls it starts firing normally... But set it up higher than 200 and it won't shoot at all... I always thought its the regulator..
Make sure you're underboring and that you don't raise the pressure past 200psi

Theoretical max efficiency of a marker
Automated paintball turret
tyronejk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:57 PM #7
Baka123

Its not the battery as I just put in a new energizer lith ion. I am hoping a new armature will fix it. Going to order one from ballahamman32.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:58 PM #8
Baka123

sorry need 3 more post to pm balla lol
Old 01-29-2013, 08:59 PM #9
Baka123

2 more
Old 01-29-2013, 09:00 PM #10
Baka123

last one...