Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-07-2015, 10:07 PM #1
Long_Ball

New Reg and efficiency questions

I got a screaming deal on a trilogy sport about two months back. Since then Ive put money into it,
New double trigger frame,
CP two piece barrel,
Delrin slick bolt,
check it detent,
Macro line and swivel fittings with on/off asa

Ive got a bob long 360 coming in the mail(it was one of the only ones i could find that would run c02) and was wondering if I had to tweak it out of the box, or if its plug and play. Also wanted to know how I could make this thing as efficient on c02 as possible.

any input is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!!
Long_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2015, 12:20 AM #2
tacxplosion

Other than sweetspotting, the reg should be plug and play as long as it goes over 600 PSI. If it's like most other modern regulators and tops out at about 400 PSI, you'll also need a mainspring kit and a spyder mainspring kit (to use one of the later as the valve spring).

The right spring combo with a sweetspotted reg will give you the most efficiency.
tacxplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:15 PM #3
Daviesm118

What type of loader are you running? I bought one of those checkit slick bolts, and it's given me nothing but problems with blowback! If you are running with a force feed loader, it's not a problem but don't be surprised if you get a lot of popcorn if you use gravity feed or revvy.

And why CO2? It's fine if you have an anti syphon, but HPA is sooo much easier on the marker. CO2 can really gum up a marker fast because it's not as clean and you'll run through orings like crazy without an anti syphon because it'll freeze them. Not good imo since a 48ci HPA can be had for $50 new, or carbon fiber for about $80 used.

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tech...es/antisiphon/
Here's some literature if you want to learn more.
You could always run the CO2 tank straight out the vertical Asa lol. I've done it before, and it's really awkward but kinda fun to mess around with.

Last edited by Daviesm118 : 07-08-2015 at 08:20 PM. Reason: .
Daviesm118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:34 PM #4
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator plays in the PSP
Zepulkinator owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Zepulkinator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Zepulkinator is Boss
Zepulkinator supports Empire
Actually, from what I've heard all the CO2 that my field gets is food grade CO2, which I doubt is dirty.

But CO2 will freeze up o-rings way easier.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:16 AM #5
Daviesm118

My mother's meatloaf is 'food grade' but i'll be damned if im going to eat it!
That is half way believable though, it is possible they might get their CO2 from a supplier that normally does beverages or something.

Jokes aside, I don't know any HPA system that isn't ran filtered, mostly because it would destroy the compressors if they aren't meticulously maintained (go talk to a SCUBA person... made that mistake once, they dont shut up about how filtered their air is lol). Point being, if you've ever rebuilt a HPA tank reg, you'll notice they have dirt and grime in them. From what I have been told throughout the years, CO2 is more traditionally a 'dirty gas' meaning it is not as pampered in the filtration process. Think tap water vs bottled water. Yes, the tap water in most cases is better for you than bottled, but then again- yuck tap water!
Daviesm118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:11 AM #6
yuu

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacxplosion View Post
the reg should be plug and play as long as it goes over 600 PSI.
Says the 360 max out put is 600. So Meets but doesn't exceed

mQ Karni F/S
yuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:56 AM #7
Long_Ball

i run c02 because that is my only option because paintball has fallen out of popularity, even when it was popular it was c02 when i was younger. I just wanted to know if i had to change out the springs in my trilogy sport. since the bob long output is max at 600 i would most certainly have to change the springs then. I guess my next question is spring combination. Stiffer for the valve, and lighter for the hammer if i have to convert to lower pressure? Does anyone have a trilogy, or has had a trilogy? Ive got a forum thread going at a different site, and i guess im just confused because the feedback ive been getting is conflicting, one guy says i shouldnt have to touch the springs and another says i should change the springs, neither have been very specific...
Old 07-09-2015, 07:57 AM #8
Long_Ball

I also run a remote line, i dont put the tank directly into the asa, never have never will...
Old 07-09-2015, 10:53 AM #9
tacxplosion

Use the medium spyder spring and the lightest mainspring that'll get you to 300 fps. It would also be good to get a higher flowing valve body, the sport's valve and spring combination are optimized for straight CO2; so running lower pressures might run into flow problems.
tacxplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 12:02 PM #10
Long_Ball

Sounds like I'm gonna have to get a valve coming. So I won't be able to use the new reg until it gets here. If you're going to do something do it right the first time right?
That's aright cause I was having problems last outting. The gun was a return at the local sporting goods store. It sat on the shelf in theopen packaging for years. Whoever bought it I'm guessing returned it cause of the roll out on the barrel. It wasn't cycling so I took apart the lpr and discovered rust and very old grime in the spring and cup. It cycles great now. And since I'm obsessive figured id get a reg and springs coming.