Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-19-2016, 05:37 PM #1
Rob417

99 Stock & 2003 Prostock Hybrid Question

Here's the background. I bought a 99 Stock as a kid and played with it for years.
Lightning Bolt
12" Dye Boomstick

Unfortunately it also took a beating over the years. The aluminum body threads stripped and the 3way valve has stripped barbs in it as well. Mech Autocockers are my jam so I got a "new" one which is in great shape. 2003 Prostock.

Here is my question. Do any of you see problems resulting from me putting the 99 Stock rear block and lightning bolt onto the 2003 Prostock? I noticed the Prostock Bolt was a few mm shorter than the lightning bolt. But I noticed that the upper rear block of the 99 Stock had the pin hole spaced further away from the gun frame. I replacing the bolt and block from the 99 (leaving everything else the same it was a direct swap) i found that everything lined up and it seems to shoot well. Has anyone else done something similar? Thanks
Rob417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2016, 05:47 PM #2
tacxplosion

tacxplosion supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob417 View Post
Here is my question. Do any of you see problems resulting from me putting the 99 Stock rear block and lightning bolt onto the 2003 Prostock?
No, as long as the bolt matches the backblock length you'll be fine
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:27 PM #3
Rob417

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacxplosion View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob417 View Post
Here is my question. Do any of you see problems resulting from me putting the 99 Stock rear block and lightning bolt onto the 2003 Prostock?
No, as long as the bolt matches the backblock length you'll be fine
Also, do you know what PSI range is best coming out of the reg?
Rob417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:05 PM #4
tacxplosion

tacxplosion supports Ninja Paintball
Stock post-'96, pre-2k 'cockers like to be somewhere around 400 PSI; sweetspotting will give you the best performance.
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:38 PM #5
Dk-79
SCHWING!

has been a member for 10 years
Dk-79 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I've tuned a lot of mech cockers over the years and I've always had a good sweetspot between 285 and 325psi with stock WGP springs and valves. Not saying my experience hasn't been unique, that's just where the markers seemed to be happiest.

You're going to want to get an externally adjustable reg if you are going to really fine tune your markers. The stock WGP reg works great, but is such a pain in the *** to adjust.

A gauge under your front block helps a lot too.