Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-27-2013, 12:40 AM #1
monoxide_child420

angel lcd

hey guys i got a angel lcd from a friend and i was playing with it and when i pull the trigger the solenoid wont click. is it supposed to or do i have to have it hooked to air to test it out? this is my first angel so im clue less. the battery on it was shot so i am doing the cr123a mod on it if that helps any
monoxide_child420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2013, 12:54 AM #2
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
The gun will need to be turned on and in Live mode for the solenoid to click. Listen carefully, because the sound may be faint. Even if you can't hear it clicking, it wouldn't be a bad idea to air it up and test it anyway.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:13 AM #3
monoxide_child420

i dont hear any thing at all other then the trigger pressing the button to send power.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:27 AM #4
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

You might want to double check your wiring connections and make sure the solenoid is plugged into the correct socket on the board (the one marked "SOL" - not "HOP"). If the problem persists, try airing up and if it doesn't fire, press the orange bypass button on the solenoid and see if it cycles.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:54 AM #5
monoxide_child420

Ill double check them. I guess I have to go to the local shop Monday and get a tank if they have a cheap one. All I have is out if hydro date c02 tanks from when I played back in like 2002
Old 01-27-2013, 01:56 AM #6
monoxide_child420

Do you know where I can get a replacement switch for it mine broke tonight when I was soldering wires since he cut the power wires for some reason. One more question on the inteliefeed that is on the gun there is a grey wire and a white wire that were cut do you know witch post what wire goes to.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:49 AM #7
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

You can get a replacement switch locally at any Radio Shack: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...e rValue=SPST

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062509

Either of those will work

I can't recall off hand the polarity of the intellifeed wire, but trial and error will work quickly.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:32 AM #8
trancer23
Angel Collector

Annual Supporting Member
trancer23 is playing at Living Legends VII
trancer23 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
trancer23 is Legendary
oh and do NOT put Co2 on an angel.

35 angels and counting......
Blue Black Impact Angel LCD, Doodoo Brown Dark Angel LCD, Dark IR3 & Ripper angel
94 Tippmann Pro-lite (old reliable)
Old Feedback - New Feedback
trancer23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:28 AM #9
monoxide_child420

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancer23 View Post
oh and do NOT put Co2 on an angel.
yea i didnt plan to put c02 in it. i will see if i can find some one that has a n2 tank i can borrow.

and thanks dr.strangelove ill go pick up a switch today and hopefully i can get the gun running
Old 01-27-2013, 04:42 PM #10
monoxide_child420

ok i just finished the cr123a mod and the lcd powers up but the screen lights up and is blank then goes dark and says -safe- and fault at the top and when i press any button it will light the screen up but the screen will go blank. any ideas?
Old 01-27-2013, 05:44 PM #11
trancer23
Angel Collector

Annual Supporting Member
trancer23 is playing at Living Legends VII
trancer23 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
trancer23 is Legendary
press and hold the top button of the three to make it go live.

35 angels and counting......
Blue Black Impact Angel LCD, Doodoo Brown Dark Angel LCD, Dark IR3 & Ripper angel
94 Tippmann Pro-lite (old reliable)
Old Feedback - New Feedback
trancer23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:10 PM #12
Trevor

Quote:
Originally Posted by monoxide_child420 View Post
ok i just finished the cr123a mod and the lcd powers up but the screen lights up and is blank then goes dark and says -safe- and fault at the top and when i press any button it will light the screen up but the screen will go blank. any ideas?
Sounds like your board is fried. The temperature sensor probably went bad, which shuts the gun off when it is over a certain temperature. You're probably gonna want to look into a pm7 board or a replacement lcd board (since you already have it set up for cr123).
Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:27 PM #13
monoxide_child420

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancer23 View Post
press and hold the top button of the three to make it go live.
that just makes the screen go blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Sounds like your board is fried. The temperature sensor probably went bad, which shuts the gun off when it is over a certain temperature. You're probably gonna want to look into a pm7 board or a replacement lcd board (since you already have it set up for cr123).
i hooked a 9v to it justto see if it would power and it did and was able to change setting and all that before i did the cr123a mod. where can i look into getting a new board from if i need one
Old 01-27-2013, 06:30 PM #14
Trevor

What does your temp say right now if you toggle to it in safe mode?

The angel LCD boards aren't made anymore so you'll need to find one used on the for sale forum or on eBay. The pm7 boards can be purchased from ans gear, but you'll have to buy a mount off of someone who makes them on the forums.

To go the stock LCD board route will cost you 40-50.
To go the pm7 board route will boat you 38'fish for the board and 20 for the mount. You won't want to use the cr123 mod anymore either bc the pm7 uses a 9 volt battery.

Last edited by Trevor : 01-27-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:33 PM #15
monoxide_child420

i cant get to the temp. ill try to get a video of what its doing maybe that will help.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:50 PM #16
monoxide_child420

here is the video i got. sorry it is bad quality but i wanted to get it done as quick as i could since i have some other things to do right now. hopefully some one can help me and tell me of it not being the board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_-DQwM0KYY

Last edited by monoxide_child420 : 01-27-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:02 PM #17
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

If you're getting fault code 3 or 4, which are the most common reason for a board malfunctioning, the following threads may be useful: http://www.angelowners.com/showthrea...-(Code-3-amp-4)

http://www.angelowners.com/showthrea...ement-Tutorial

If you're not comfortable soldering on the board, the PMR mod would probably be your easiest solution.

*edit*

When you turn the board on the first couple times the battery bar is cascading to indicate charging. Obviously you are not charging the battery, so there's a problem there. Check your wiring from the battery mod. Once you got it to boot normally, when you pulled the trigger in safe mode, that would normally display the serial number and turn on the backlight. You're getting the backlight, but no serial, which can sometimes mean a board fault, or just that it's been reflashed. Also, to get into live mode you need to press and hold the red button on top. The center button is for scrolling through the menu, which in your case seems to be leading again to a blank screen.

Last edited by dr.strangelove : 01-27-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:53 PM #18
monoxide_child420

I tried pressing and holding it but still does the same thing.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:06 PM #19
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Yeah, it looks like you aren't getting any display in any other screen than the safe mode home screen. This is all fairly typical behavior for a board that's on its last legs, I'm afraid.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:58 PM #20
monoxide_child420

Damn. I guess I have to find a board
Old 01-27-2013, 11:46 PM #21
Trevor

Sounds like your friend knew the gun was in need of a couple things. Its a shame.

I'm decent at soldering and I was unable to solder on a new temp sensor. The prongs are like .5 mm away from each other. I thought I was cross-eyed permanently after making the attempt.

I would do as doc said and check your wiring, but most likely your board is fried. When shopping around for another angel LCD board... Make sure the temp reads somewhat accurate, there are no faults, no dead pixels in the screen, low shot count, and that the vibes feature works. Granted that's being picky, but if you don't want to have to deal with it for a while, its best to get a good one. If the seller states the board worked the last time they used it or that it should work fine... don't buy it. Request a video of the board going through all features. If someone isn't willing to make a video for you, something is probably wrong with it and you'll just be pissing up a tree.