NickRowell
Did you read the rules?

NickRowell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NickRowell supports Team VICIOUS
NickRowell supports Pev's Paintball
Psp tips?

Hey guys I need some tips to playing psp. I'll be playing this season, tell me stuff you guys which you would have known when you started psp!

MARQ CLAN
You Know You Want My Rotor!
NickRowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:34 AM #2
caliguy8070

caliguy8070 plays in the PSP
caliguy8070 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
caliguy8070 posts videos on PbNation
caliguy8070 plays in the APPA D4 division
Make sure you sign your score sheets after every match and double check that the correct team got the win. If you are playing Race to 2 sign after every point. Every PSP event I've played I always heard about teams getting screwed out of a win because the score was marked down wrong. Happened to us at 2 different events. On top of that make sure you are writing down if you won or lost that point. This will come in useful when the score has been marked down wrong. You can show and have proof of the correct score.
caliguy8070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:49 AM #3
502 killa
THIRDEYE

Annual Supporting Member
502 killa plays in the PSP
502 killa owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
502 killa plays in the APPA D2 division
The more prepsr3d you are the less nervous you will be so practice and work on your game as much as possible .watch the scoreboard the buzzer doesn5 go off til 00 . This happens alot with simultaneous buzzers

Last edited by 502 killa : 01-27-2013 at 03:51 AM.
502 killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:22 PM #4
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
The most important thing for you to do is to read the rulebook front to back and understand all of it. There are some rules that may not be obvious to you, or are enforced differently than your local field. Here are a few things you should know to avoid getting penalties:

1. You are responsible for knowing when you're hit. If you're running somewhere and may have gotten hit, it is your job to stop at the nearest bunker and check yourself, or ask a nearby teammate to check a place you can't see. Continuing to play until you're called out, or calling a ref over to check an obvious area (gun, chest, stomach, legs, arms, lens of your mask) can and likely will result in a major penalty being assessed. Other players can tell you that it's the ref's job to call you out, or that you can play while a ref checks you, but this is not the standard at which you will be held accountable for.

2. If you get bunkered, spin at your own risk. It may be an automatic reaction from practice or local events, but any ref that sees you spinning 90+ degrees will almost certainly pull a penalty.

3. Don't talk to players or refs while you walk off. This includes:
- Asking a ref where you're hit
- Arguing over a call that was made
- *****ing to your pit
- Telling a teammate you were pulled for a penalty
- Talking to the sideline about a call or play
PSP refs are trained to get you off the field quickly without interference and pull a penalty if you don't cooperate. This penalty is not to tell you how big the ref's dick is, play favorites, or add insult to injury. It's because you are a distraction to the ref trying to watch the live field. If a ref refuses to tell you where a hit was as you walk off, it may be due to another ref calling you out from cross field. For example, the snake side ref watches a snake player shoot you in the doritos. The snake ref then signals the dorito ref to pull you out. The dorito ref, who does not know where the hit is, doesn't say anything because he doesn't want to tell you you're hit in the pack when the snake ref called you out for your leg. The only time to seek clarification or discuss a call is with the head ref after the buzzer has sounded ending the point. While walking off, you may say "out" or "gone" but any attempt to further communicate is a penalty.

4. You are responsible for maintaining legal velocity. Changes in temperature or humidity can alter your velocity to the point of shooting hot. If you're playing xball and wait until the 30 second mark to come out on the field, it is not the ref's problem if your gun is shooting hot and you need to turn it down or get another. You should be checking at the start of every match and leaving enough room for fluctuations. If you're smart you will dial in an appropriate velocity and then double check it with the handheld chronos used by refs on the field in case there's a difference in readings.

5. You are responsible for maintaining legal ROF/firing modes. Uncapped semi is not an alternative to capped ramping. Setting your rate of fire cap to 12.5bps and "forgetting" to turn it on is not an excuse. The same goes for eyes off mode. Also remember that you may be shooting slightly higher than 12.5bps if you set the cap at 12.5 - you should be fine at 12.3 or so.

6. You are responsible for being ready to play on time. Get to the field before your scheduled game and be aware of what's going on. You are not on your schedule. You are on the PSP's. This means that if you have a game scheduled at 1pm and you don't get there until 12:55, your match is starting with or without you. It is not because the PSP does not respect your team or care about its customers. It is because we would never finish events within the allotted time if we let players play at their own convenience.

This covers some of the common problems - and yes, some teams really do believe games should be delayed because they showed up late - and I hope it helps you avoid avoidable mistakes. In general, being prepared, informed, and well budgeted will serve you well. Oh, and please don't complain about eligibility if you show up with a brightly colored gun. You knew what color it is when you bought it. Last but not least, a little bit of respect goes a long way with the refs. Nobody flies out to the events to penalize you or ruin your chances of winning. Refs are out in the heat, the cold, the rain, the mud, getting shot all day, just to give you the experience of a national event.

Last edited by eforce : 01-27-2013 at 03:26 PM.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:34 PM #5
dps093
My position=Deadbox

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Have a good pit crew
Old 01-27-2013, 11:29 PM #6
NickRowell
Did you read the rules?

NickRowell supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
The most important thing for you to do is to read the rulebook front to back and understand all of it. There are some rules that may not be obvious to you, or are enforced differently than your local field. Here are a few things you should know to avoid getting penalties:

1. You are responsible for knowing when you're hit. If you're running somewhere and may have gotten hit, it is your job to stop at the nearest bunker and check yourself, or ask a nearby teammate to check a place you can't see. Continuing to play until you're called out, or calling a ref over to check an obvious area (gun, chest, stomach, legs, arms, lens of your mask) can and likely will result in a major penalty being assessed. Other players can tell you that it's the ref's job to call you out, or that you can play while a ref checks you, but this is not the standard at which you will be held accountable for.

2. If you get bunkered, spin at your own risk. It may be an automatic reaction from practice or local events, but any ref that sees you spinning 90+ degrees will almost certainly pull a penalty.

3. Don't talk to players or refs while you walk off. This includes:
- Asking a ref where you're hit
- Arguing over a call that was made
- *****ing to your pit
- Telling a teammate you were pulled for a penalty
- Talking to the sideline about a call or play
PSP refs are trained to get you off the field quickly without interference and pull a penalty if you don't cooperate. This penalty is not to tell you how big the ref's dick is, play favorites, or add insult to injury. It's because you are a distraction to the ref trying to watch the live field. If a ref refuses to tell you where a hit was as you walk off, it may be due to another ref calling you out from cross field. For example, the snake side ref watches a snake player shoot you in the doritos. The snake ref then signals the dorito ref to pull you out. The dorito ref, who does not know where the hit is, doesn't say anything because he doesn't want to tell you you're hit in the pack when the snake ref called you out for your leg. The only time to seek clarification or discuss a call is with the head ref after the buzzer has sounded ending the point. While walking off, you may say "out" or "gone" but any attempt to further communicate is a penalty.

4. You are responsible for maintaining legal velocity. Changes in temperature or humidity can alter your velocity to the point of shooting hot. If you're playing xball and wait until the 30 second mark to come out on the field, it is not the ref's problem if your gun is shooting hot and you need to turn it down or get another. You should be checking at the start of every match and leaving enough room for fluctuations. If you're smart you will dial in an appropriate velocity and then double check it with the handheld chronos used by refs on the field in case there's a difference in readings.

5. You are responsible for maintaining legal ROF/firing modes. Uncapped semi is not an alternative to capped ramping. Setting your rate of fire cap to 12.5bps and "forgetting" to turn it on is not an excuse. The same goes for eyes off mode. Also remember that you may be shooting slightly higher than 12.5bps if you set the cap at 12.5 - you should be fine at 12.3 or so.

6. You are responsible for being ready to play on time. Get to the field before your scheduled game and be aware of what's going on. You are not on your schedule. You are on the PSP's. This means that if you have a game scheduled at 1pm and you don't get there until 12:55, your match is starting with or without you. It is not because the PSP does not respect your team or care about its customers. It is because we would never finish events within the allotted time if we let players play at their own convenience.

This covers some of the common problems - and yes, some teams really do believe games should be delayed because they showed up late - and I hope it helps you avoid avoidable mistakes. In general, being prepared, informed, and well budgeted will serve you well. Oh, and please don't complain about eligibility if you show up with a brightly colored gun. You knew what color it is when you bought it. Last but not least, a little bit of respect goes a long way with the refs. Nobody flies out to the events to penalize you or ruin your chances of winning. Refs are out in the heat, the cold, the rain, the mud, getting shot all day, just to give you the experience of a national event.
This is exactly what i was looking for.

MARQ CLAN
You Know You Want My Rotor!
NickRowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:41 PM #7
gunslinger84

gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
You need to have borderline overshooting calls considered. One hit and that **** can disappear pretty quick and cost you a point. Homeboy needs to receive 2 or 5 if it's not delivered to their face. No more, no less.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:29 PM #8
firerz05
Death before dishonor

has been a member for 10 years
firerz05 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy8070 View Post
Make sure you sign your score sheets after every match and double check that the correct team got the win. If you are playing Race to 2 sign after every point. Every PSP event I've played I always heard about teams getting screwed out of a win because the score was marked down wrong. Happened to us at 2 different events. On top of that make sure you are writing down if you won or lost that point. This will come in useful when the score has been marked down wrong. You can show and have proof of the correct score.
I can vouch for this mans advice. Clearly pay very close attention to the score sheets when you sign them and don't sign them unless the correct score is written down. Don't trust the scorekeeper to write in the correct score after you sign it. If there is no score on the sheet or it is incorrect, DO NOT SIGN IT. This advice would have saved our ***** at world cup this year, it's a lesson learned, but a very hard lesson learned.

Also everything eforce, and others have said is very good advice.
firerz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:13 PM #9
Bonanoob

Bonanoob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bonanoob supports Team VICIOUS
Bonanoob is for the Gunfight
Bonanoob supports Sherwood Forest
If you are playing, do not forget to bring your PSP ID to the event. You can't get into the pits without one. You would need to buy another one at the event if you forget yours.
Bonanoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:08 PM #10
Bcasper86

Bcasper86 plays in the PSP
Bcasper86 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanoob View Post
If you are playing, do not forget to bring your PSP ID to the event. You can't get into the pits without one. You would need to buy another one at the event if you forget yours.
I did this at cup last year, sucked paying for an ID I left sitting on my nightstand.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:16 AM #11
Rebekah
s3aki7ten

Rebekah plays in the PSP
Rebekah is an NCPA player
Rebekah plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickRowell View Post
Hey guys I need some tips to playing psp. I'll be playing this season, tell me stuff you guys which you would have known when you started psp!
Make sure you and your teammates all sign in at registration after you pick up your PSP ID.

Step 1: Get ID
Step 2: Sign your roster (waiver) and get your sticker put on your ID

Also make roster changes before the rosters lock to avoid paying fees. Dropping someone who couldn't make it is easier than paying $20 to add
Rebekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:33 AM #12
Dhops187

You want to go into the event knowing that your team CAN AND SHOULD WIN. If not.... dont waste your $$$$$
DYE LON
DYLAN
DILLON
AND
DYLON
Dhops187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:46 PM #13
caliguy8070

caliguy8070 plays in the PSP
caliguy8070 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
caliguy8070 posts videos on PbNation
caliguy8070 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhops187 View Post
You want to go into the event knowing that your team CAN AND SHOULD WIN. If not.... dont waste your $$$$$
I disagree with this. Yes go into the event and try obviously winning, but I don't think its a waste of money at all if you cant or are unable to. PSP events are quite an experience. The environment, the feeling of stepping on the field at a PSP event, and just being around some of the best ballers are just some of the best experiences a PB player can have. Trust me if you don't win, yes it will be disappointing, nobody likes losing, but trust me you will have a blast being there!!
caliguy8070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:24 AM #14
K-9
name's ryon. hi

Annual Supporting Member
K-9 plays in the PSP
K-9 donated to help Peyton Trent
K-9 supports DLX Technology
When your team is playing on the field, do not leave the pits
Don't try to cheat, the refs are more than likely smarter than you
Get a lanyard for your ID, you'll lose it otherwise
K-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:06 PM #15
Elhonkey
Hitsquad

Elhonkey plays in the PSP
Elhonkey has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Elhonkey has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Elhonkey has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy8070 View Post
I disagree with this. Yes go into the event and try obviously winning, but I don't think its a waste of money at all if you cant or are unable to. PSP events are quite an experience. The environment, the feeling of stepping on the field at a PSP event, and just being around some of the best ballers are just some of the best experiences a PB player can have. Trust me if you don't win, yes it will be disappointing, nobody likes losing, but trust me you will have a blast being there!!
This is so true! These events are so much fun and honestly are worth it whether you take first or last. **** we took 2nd at Chicago and like 24th at Cup...and I still had a blast at both!
Stay Fresh!!!
Elhonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:37 PM #16
Darthdoug
CRU Paintball Player

Annual Supporting Member
Darthdoug plays in the PSP
Darthdoug donated to help Peyton Trent
Darthdoug supports our troops
Darthdoug plays in the APPA D3 division
Also if you're looking to play Race-to for the first time... learn the differences between regular old 5-man and Race-to.

Keep track of time, know when you have to push know when to hold back. Keep an eye on the clock. Be ready to get out there FAST between points. That last bit requires a good pit crew. That first bit is made a lot easier by an experienced coach on the sidelines.
Darthdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:28 PM #17
EvilRAT
McFluff

EvilRAT owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
EvilRAT has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
EvilRAT has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Psp is notorious for running either ahead or behind schedule. .. show up at least an hour before your scheduled start time and check with the score keep keeper on your field to make sure your field is on schedule
Old 02-04-2013, 05:04 PM #18
Bonanoob

Bonanoob supports Team VICIOUS
Bonanoob is for the Gunfight
Another good tip is have someone on your team or staff stand next to the score keeper's area/wherever they announce who is playing next or in the hole. They don't always have a megaphone or something loud to announce who plays next. You can't really hear them sometimes.

Be sure to do this so you know when your team plays. I've seen teams almost not make it onto the field on time since they didn't know they were up.
Bonanoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:40 AM #19
(0___0)
(0___0)

(0___0) plays in the PSP
(0___0) helped look for balloons
(0___0) owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
(0___0) supports Team VICIOUS
Go on appa and look up every opponent on facebook
██████████████████████████████
"It's easy you gotta move to IOWA"
-JASON CALEF
(0___0) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:19 AM #20
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by (0___0) View Post
Go on appa and look up every opponent on facebook
This!! If your opponent has cool looking jerseys and lots of professionally edited pictures, theyll be a tougher opponent. If they have long sleeve tshirts and nothing but iphone pictures, they should be pretty easy.

Tip #2: Don't underestimate anyone. -_- lol
Old 02-05-2013, 02:58 PM #21
poomanchew
coming in hot

poomanchew owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
poomanchew posts videos on PbNation
Run the flag in don't walk Soooo many times teams will lose a tie breaker by seconds so every second counts! Also stay as calm as possible people freak out when they get there just play calm and collected it will help greatly to keep a level head. Also I know you are away from home and all that, stay sober and go to bed playing Hung over is never fun its hard to run down the field and shoot everyone if you are trying to hold back the pukes.
AC:417
G.I. Kick'n Planet Eclipse Yip!
AC:402.com
poomanchew is offline   Reply With Quote