Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2013, 07:13 PM #64
rT159
BlackOps
 
rT159's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shadows of Darkness
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamopbers View Post
If I must respond to only one comment *sigh*




Fair enough on not reading the whole thing...didn't bother to check if you had missed anything, I may be repeating myself as a result.

1 Hey, nice blog.

2 Of course. However, the constant bombardment of these messages, whether or not you are conscious of it, effects you. You take that in. You remember these commercials, you see the message and how its presented. It's difficult to "undo" after so many years. You can actually lie in advertisements. To an extent of course, however, how the hell is that ok if this is what the masses see?

3 Coming from homelessness to that, way to go, good job. Doesn't matter to me if there's another 5 countries backing up the States. They rule. They have an immense amount of power. They legit go into countries to **** **** up for the locals, and establish either: 1. Military base 2. Democracy 3. Better relations for business 4. Let the area know we'll be back when things aren't going our way

4 Is that right? Can we not stand up (primarily those IN the military) and say, wait wait wait, what are we putting are lives on the line for?

5 Oy yoy yoy. Perhaps. And perhaps out of 1200+ views minus my 20, somebody thought differently about the way their country goes about foreign policy.

6 I see what your saying with the sphere of influence. However, we've got this great thing called the internet to discuss ideas orrr put up blogs. To which, whatever the reason, may influence one. You say I, I'm going for we. If enough people question the idiocy in their elected officials, you will see change. All change like that begins with awareness and understanding. It must be exposed, not suppressed like the media does.

7 Childish it seems at first. Do you know of an Edward Bernays? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Bernays He said, well lets change "propaganda" into..."Public Relations!!!" and the sheep shall follow.

Also an interesting and relevant piece of video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01e8-zSLkg0

No I'm not influenced by the comments...though some coincide with my views, and yes chomsky can be boring to watch lol

edit: added the numbers...
I'll address number 4. We put our lives on the line for each other. Not necessarily for the country.
rT159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2013, 06:34 PM #65
CptObvious
2A755 / 2A753
 
CptObvious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NJ>TX>FL>NV>VA>FL
CptObvious owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CptObvious owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CptObvious supports Bob Gurnsey
Because 'murica.
__________________
USAF|PS3
psn: simplyMAXX
Headbangers Scenario Team
Headbangers on Facebook
Proudly sponsored by: The Vest Guy || ANS Gear || Pinokio Hoppers || St!ffi Barrels || ChroniX Radio
CptObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:22 AM #66
the other one
World Peace
 
the other one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Yes.
 has been a member for 10 years
the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamopbers View Post
1 Hey, nice blog.
Thanks.

Quote:
2 Of course. However, the constant bombardment of these messages, whether or not you are conscious of it, effects you. You take that in. You remember these commercials, you see the message and how its presented. It's difficult to "undo" after so many years. You can actually lie in advertisements. To an extent of course, however, how the hell is that ok if this is what the masses see?
Affects, not effects.
I don't seem to have a ford/Chevy/GMC truck. Or a sham wow. Or oxi clean. Or the wonder bra. Im not in the Army. I'm not in college. I don't drink bud light. I don't even "protect this house" with under armor clothing.

To say that the military branches are the only ones with ****ty advertisements is stupid. To say that a commercial will change the path of someone's life from a doctor/lawyer/artist to an enlisted infantryman is also beyond the realm of normality.

Take a commercial like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR_2tLsJuf0&sns=em

That doesn't look like a fun time, ya know? There's naturally some dramatization, but no outright lies.

Quote:
3 Coming from homelessness to that, way to go, good job. Doesn't matter to me if there's another 5 countries backing up the States. They rule. They have an immense amount of power. They legit go into countries to **** **** up for the locals, and establish either: 1. Military base 2. Democracy 3. Better relations for business 4. Let the area know we'll be back when things aren't going our way
Jealous?

Quote:
4 Is that right? Can we not stand up (primarily those IN the military) and say, wait wait wait, what are we putting are lives on the line for?
Sure, I can stand up and say that.... But the question has already been answered in my mind. You, being an outsider and apparently vehemently opposed to my chosen profession.... Have no business attempting to be my voice.

Quote:
5 Oy yoy yoy. Perhaps. And perhaps out of 1200+ views minus my 20, somebody thought differently about the way their country goes about foreign policy.
And perhaps a unicorn lair really does exist in North Korea.

Quote:
6 I see what your saying with the sphere of influence. However, we've got this great thing called the internet to discuss ideas orrr put up blogs. To which, whatever the reason, may influence one. You say I, I'm going for we. If enough people question the idiocy in their elected officials, you will see change. All change like that begins with awareness and understanding. It must be exposed, not suppressed like the media does.
You're, not "your".

This is where I will end my responses, because.....
I see that your desire to question the advertisements of our military is simply a thinly veiled attempt to spout your political views in this forum. Trust me, it is not welcome. This is not the politics forum.

Here in America, we elect our idiots because the voters are idiots. You will not change this, so please stop trying to do so in a paintball forum.

If you post anything more about the government in a derogatory manner, I will report you for spam. Again, this is not the politics forum, and your desire to "educate" us on politics is not welcome.
__________________
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

I blog.
the other one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:41 AM #67
CptMotivator
14/f/cali
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamopbers View Post
6 I see what your saying with the sphere of influence. However, we've got this great thing called the internet to discuss ideas orrr put up blogs. To which, whatever the reason, may influence one. You say I, I'm going for we. If enough people question the idiocy in their elected officials, you will see change. All change like that begins with awareness and understanding. It must be exposed, not suppressed like the media does.



He thinks we can change the Government.
__________________
My...My...My.. My culture brings all the Terrorists to the yard and they're like, Allah Akbhar! Damn right, put a bomb in your car! I'd preach to you but I have to Hajj
CptMotivator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:50 AM #68
Mr. Y2K
Prime Minister of Canada
 
Mr. Y2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Woodstock, Ontario, Cana
Mr. Y2K is a Supporting Member
Mr. Y2K is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtPB View Post
So the OP is a bleeding-heart liberal who doesn't know how to change the channel? Or doesn't understand that people enlist for far more than "blowing **** up". There's enlisting so others don't HAVE to, the want to serve the people. Not a government. I didn't enlist for ole' Bush or Obama, I enlisted for my family, friends and neighbors. To defend the constitution and our lax way of life.
worse, he probably votes for the NDP, or even the green party.
while i appreciate some of the things those parties do in canada, i can never vote for them soley on their hatred of the sheepdogs that protect them. including LEO. they want to slash their fundings as well.
__________________
be normal and the crowd accepts you. be deragned and they will make you their leader.
"Originally posted by TheFauxKing
Remember kids, inbreeding is everyone's problem! "

This is my witty remark.
Don't be hatin
Mr. Y2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:50 AM #69
Dark Side
You will know the power
 
Dark Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Charleston SC
Annual Supporting Member
Dark Side is BST Trusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamopbers View Post
Again, you and I are citizens of the earth. It is a collective, assumed system which enough people never question to say they live in a certain part of the planet named "x". For which country will I serve? My parents, born in one, I, born in the neighbouring country, and now living in Canada. I feel most related to my parents background, but...who would I play for in the World Cup if allowed?
That is a really piss poor analogy for choosing what to believe in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamopbers View Post
With all due respect, I can imagine the compassion and love you have for your country, family and friends. But to blindly serve orders and knowingly do this...Makes me feel something has REALLY gone wrong.
LOAC and ROE tell us that "Blindly" following orders and doctrine can quickly get us bent over the proverbial legal table.

In fact we are taught that following orders that we know to be illegal will get us in a whole lot of hot water. Service members who commit these crimes don't simply get to continue doing what they want. They will be held accountable for their actions.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamopbers View Post
True I have not been in a war, but must I have been in one to know what it does to people afterwards? If not, I am certain I am unable to read emotion through people. War is not good, it has never been good for both sides. One ends up victorious, one ends up shattered. Listening, understanding, that same compassion you have for your friends, family and country should be given to those on the opposing end. To resort to obliterating the competition is to deduce mankind of its potentials.
I just got back from a tour in Kandahar, Afghanistan. No, I don't kill people for a living, I'm in the Air Force and my specific AFSC is 2A676 which basically means I fix aircraft wiring and the environmental systems and am capable of doing so on any aircraft in US inventory. But enough back story on me.
You have shown you do not have the knowledge you profess to understand.
You can not speak of war and what happens to people simply by watching it on the news or reading of it in a book.
You can not speak of the reasons that people go to war as you have never been compelled to fight yourself.
You may not speak down to others which would give their lives for a greater cause than their own even if that cause can be twisted and manipulated through the media.

I joined because I wanted to do more. I wanted to work on aircraft and fly. I wanted to see the world (and I have). I wanted to understand others points of view and I have seen the hatred for thoughts that are not their own. I have pulled people off of a MEDEVAC chopper who can barely be identified as men anymore both military and civilian. I have seen what this world hates and what it is willing to do to fulfill it's wants and goals. I have seen the bodies of a family decapitated because they danced at a wedding.

Ask me not why I fight to make this world a better place for everyone to live in happily and unafraid of being happy but ask why you wish to not do the same.
__________________
WTB

07/08 Ego Vici Board
Dust Black ShockTech AutoCocker snatch grip
Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:50 PM #70
Dynamopbers
 
 
Dynamopbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
 has been a member for 10 years
So I didn't know how to respond to these...so I'll lay it all out in the end, as I have throughout the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptObvious View Post
Because 'murica.
Heheee, someone had to say it.

And yes, people can change the government, that is the only thing that ever has (given a mass amount of people need to take part in it (OWS was a good start) but your media is so skewed it's really a travesty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
That is a really piss poor analogy for choosing what to believe in.



LOAC and ROE tell us that "Blindly" following orders and doctrine can quickly get us bent over the proverbial legal table.

In fact we are taught that following orders that we know to be illegal will get us in a whole lot of hot water. Service members who commit these crimes don't simply get to continue doing what they want. They will be held accountable for their actions.




I just got back from a tour in Kandahar, Afghanistan. No, I don't kill people for a living, I'm in the Air Force and my specific AFSC is 2A676 which basically means I fix aircraft wiring and the environmental systems and am capable of doing so on any aircraft in US inventory. But enough back story on me.
You have shown you do not have the knowledge you profess to understand.
You can not speak of war and what happens to people simply by watching it on the news or reading of it in a book.
You can not speak of the reasons that people go to war as you have never been compelled to fight yourself.
You may not speak down to others which would give their lives for a greater cause than their own even if that cause can be twisted and manipulated through the media.

I joined because I wanted to do more. I wanted to work on aircraft and fly. I wanted to see the world (and I have). I wanted to understand others points of view and I have seen the hatred for thoughts that are not their own. I have pulled people off of a MEDEVAC chopper who can barely be identified as men anymore both military and civilian. I have seen what this world hates and what it is willing to do to fulfill it's wants and goals. I have seen the bodies of a family decapitated because they danced at a wedding.

Ask me not why I fight to make this world a better place for everyone to live in happily and unafraid of being happy but ask why you wish to not do the same.
The analogy is just that, I would never put my life on the line "for my country". It's idiotic.

Orders that are illegal. Sure thing bud. Your over there to kill (alright alright...not YOU in particular) and establish military bases in the area. The whole operation is illegal you goon.

I can speak of whatever I want.
I can speak of whatever I feel.
I can speak in a skeptical manner because only then does truth arise. Once you start believing, you stop inquiring. It is only right to seek truth. You can believe all you want.

That last line sir, is absurd. It is through peace (peace doesn't have anything to do with guns btw).

Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post
Thanks.


Affects, not effects.
I don't seem to have a ford/Chevy/GMC truck. Or a sham wow. Or oxi clean. Or the wonder bra. Im not in the Army. I'm not in college. I don't drink bud light. I don't even "protect this house" with under armor clothing.

To say that the military branches are the only ones with ****ty advertisements is stupid. To say that a commercial will change the path of someone's life from a doctor/lawyer/artist to an enlisted infantryman is also beyond the realm of normality.

Take a commercial like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR_2tLsJuf0&sns=em

That doesn't look like a fun time, ya know? There's naturally some dramatization, but no outright lies.


Jealous?


Sure, I can stand up and say that.... But the question has already been answered in my mind. You, being an outsider and apparently vehemently opposed to my chosen profession.... Have no business attempting to be my voice.


And perhaps a unicorn lair really does exist in North Korea.


You're, not "your".

This is where I will end my responses, because.....
I see that your desire to question the advertisements of our military is simply a thinly veiled attempt to spout your political views in this forum. Trust me, it is not welcome. This is not the politics forum.

Here in America, we elect our idiots because the voters are idiots. You will not change this, so please stop trying to do so in a paintball forum.

If you post anything more about the government in a derogatory manner, I will report you for spam. Again, this is not the politics forum, and your desire to "educate" us on politics is not welcome.
Big deal ya grammar nazi lol.

You've never watched a commercial as a child and gone...I WANT THAT! Advertising plays a massive role on society. It's a/effects on the mind go unnoticed for most. Sure, you won't buy every product or do what they say, but it works. And that **** is just about everywhere. People are in a constant pool of thought on what to buy.

The video:
"MrMDanny 2 weeks ago
you guys are just a bunch of brainwashed enthusiastic fanatics"
LOL well dere ya go. Yaaa I mean the videos pretty cool and all...I'd rather do that stuff for fun.

Of course I'm going to say derogatory things about the government, its so closely related to the military, corporations, media...I mean it's all interrelated. I suppose while you tell em I'm spamming, also change it over to the politics forum.





This WHOLE thread I've been pointing out and questioning beliefs and norms of the US. Your smartest ****ing dude even says it's a terrorist state. Rightfully so, being a superpower, regardless, terrorist.
Rhetorical question coming atcha: How do you come to realize that which is true?
DING DING DING: QUESTION YOUR BELIEFS, be a skeptic. As Carl Sagan said: I don't want to believe, I want to know.
What does our society perpetuate? Bull****.
Religion (whichever), war on drugs, dumb things like celebrities, wealth and the american dream, grass is greener on the other side....IF you buy this product.
John Lennon gets it, George Carlin gets it, Noam Chomsky gets it, WikiLeaks is exposing it, Woodrow Wilson gets it (nice quote from him: The government, which was designed for the people, has got into the hands of the bosses and their employers, the special interests. An invisible empire has been set up above the forms of democracy) among others
WHY DON'T YOU?
If your only ever exposed to NBC, CBS, CNN, FOX...well...you see why. I did notice a couple weeks ago, a more questioning news station, RT. They surely have their faults as well.
Did you know Iceland overthrew the banks which got them in the ****hole? Nope, won't hear that on mainstream media.
Did you know the Saddam Hussein statue that fell was staged? Here I'll google it for you:
https://www.google.ca/#q=saddam+huss...w=1517&bih=758

And you guys diddle daddle about democrats and republicans. It's the same people at the top, it's the same 10,000 people distributing the tax money and passing legislation. It doesn't matter who's in power, we get ****ed either way. Speaking of passing legislation, how about them GMO's you keep hearing about? Well, you can't blame Monsanto anymore if your corn flakes make ya feel funny over time...google the Monsanto protection act. GMO's are banned in a ton of countries, not in the good ol' US. Your saying, yes, modify Gods seeds to yield more and be more repellant to pests. IDI****INGOTIC.

Ya, my post doesn't pertain to military, BUT I hope you questioned something

One love, lets get together and feel alright

lol.
Dynamopbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:52 PM #71
rT159
BlackOps
 
rT159's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shadows of Darkness
 has been a member for 10 years
Like a huge turd that just won't flush.
rT159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:20 AM #72
DeadBodyMan
Pricedollaz
 
DeadBodyMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Germany
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
DeadBodyMan is a Paintball photographer
this was filled with a lot of giggles and alot of people writing blogs for a response a lot of this was tl;dr so i just summed it up

first this



than this

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptObvious View Post
Because 'murica.

finally

we have the nukes.


ALcatraz aka DEMIgod OUT!!!!
__________________
I'm the HNIC of Steven C. Price Photography But I never wear a suit
Social Sites | Vimeo | Twitter | Youtube | Fracture Competition Program Facebook
Active Duty Air Force Above All | Get TuF TuF Shot Video

I beat women, they call me daddy.
DeadBodyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:34 PM #73
Dynamopbers
 
 
Dynamopbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
 has been a member for 10 years
“Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.”

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Sometimes.
Dynamopbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump