So...living in Canada and having some of your lovely channels I am exposed to some of the advertising putforth by the US army/navy. It's...interesting to say the least.
It seems there are some general traits they all have in common:
- Get off your *** and do something productive!!! Like...JOIN THE ARRRMMYY YAAAA
- The experience you will gain at the army is an exhilarating worthwhile journey. It's narrowmindedness disciplinary sheepish routines will make sure we maintain the best army in the world. YAAAA!!!!
- We have the best technological weaponry on the planet, we will blow away all of the competition, bar none. Don't you wanna play with guns...and tanks...and helicopters...and airplanes....and OMG yup, theyre in now....drones???
- We always have an enemy (to which we don't really tell you why) that we can **** up...and you bet they keep on coming, I mean...why would we be running all these ads right?
- The army is a great thing to have on your resume. You will stand out of the crowd when looking for further employment oppurtunities.
- Be all you can be
- A global force for good
Excuuuuuuuuse me? Is noone astonished by the **** they say on these ads? A global force for good? A global force for good? Give me a break, how illusioned must you be to NOT SEE THAT THE UNITED STATES HAS NEVER BEEN ATTACKED SINCE WWII. (don't give me this stuff about 9/11).
So, I guess what I'm trying to ask is....Why in the world would anyone risk their life for the neo-imperialistic superpower the United States is? How much (dare I say) brainwashing goes on?
It is a completely different matter to speak of WWII, so please, enlighten me on your views.
edit: yes I realize most will poke fun somehow, or be in outrage over this post. I would like some half-decent responses however. Just trying to open up minds
at the same time open mine