PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-26-2013, 09:15 PM #1
Dynamopbers

has been a member for 10 years
I don't get it

So...living in Canada and having some of your lovely channels I am exposed to some of the advertising putforth by the US army/navy. It's...interesting to say the least.

It seems there are some general traits they all have in common:
- Get off your *** and do something productive!!! Like...JOIN THE ARRRMMYY YAAAA
- The experience you will gain at the army is an exhilarating worthwhile journey. It's narrowmindedness disciplinary sheepish routines will make sure we maintain the best army in the world. YAAAA!!!!
- We have the best technological weaponry on the planet, we will blow away all of the competition, bar none. Don't you wanna play with guns...and tanks...and helicopters...and airplanes....and OMG yup, theyre in now....drones???
- We always have an enemy (to which we don't really tell you why) that we can **** up...and you bet they keep on coming, I mean...why would we be running all these ads right?
- The army is a great thing to have on your resume. You will stand out of the crowd when looking for further employment oppurtunities.

Army
- Be all you can be
Navy
- A global force for good

Excuuuuuuuuse me? Is noone astonished by the **** they say on these ads? A global force for good? A global force for good? Give me a break, how illusioned must you be to NOT SEE THAT THE UNITED STATES HAS NEVER BEEN ATTACKED SINCE WWII. (don't give me this stuff about 9/11).

So, I guess what I'm trying to ask is....Why in the world would anyone risk their life for the neo-imperialistic superpower the United States is? How much (dare I say) brainwashing goes on?

It is a completely different matter to speak of WWII, so please, enlighten me on your views.

edit: yes I realize most will poke fun somehow, or be in outrage over this post. I would like some half-decent responses however. Just trying to open up minds at the same time open mine
Dynamopbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2013, 09:51 PM #2
rT159
BlackOps

Let me guess...You haven't done anything with your life.
rT159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:18 PM #3
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamopbers View Post
(don't give me this stuff about 9/11)
Tinfoil hat a little tight this evening?

And I can tell how "neo-imperialistic" we are by our continued occupation of Iraq.... oh wait..... If you want I can make a cute little hipster post with 3 dollar liberal college words too.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:11 PM #4
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
If someone wrote a book about your life, I wouldn't read it.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:04 AM #5
Dynamopbers

Well I will tell you I have been a die maker for 2+ years, done various other trades. And what in the world are you speaking of cptmotivator???
Old 01-27-2013, 10:37 AM #6
rT159
BlackOps

Cool job. I get to hunt and kill people at mine.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:03 AM #7
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
Well I will tell you I have been a die maker for 2+ years, done various other trades. And what in the world are you speaking of cptmotivator???
Evidently reading comprehension hasn't been one of your career choices.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:18 AM #8
Dynamopbers

Getting back to the topic at hand...
Old 01-28-2013, 11:38 AM #9
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
Getting back to the topic at hand...

My original reply was in reference to the "topic at hand" you just failed to comprehend it.

Oh and I joined the military so I could indiscriminately murder little brown babies.....and puppies.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:42 AM #10
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

I hear the peace corps is fun. You go to the same places as the military, except without any means to defend yourself ( aside from calling the military ). And you get aids. You should go bra.

-Said nobody, ever.

"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."

Last edited by EPAPressure : 01-28-2013 at 11:54 AM.
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:42 AM #11
rT159
BlackOps

Lord save the puppies!

I hope he stays out of the military. We already have enough Canadians posting here(2). Peter isn't bad but **** that y2k guy.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:02 PM #12
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Taking a serious look at your original post, I can tell you the US Navy slogan was voted on by new recruits at bootcamp. People that know nothing of what they will be tasked with doing.

The bonds that form, the ties that bind are not to the US Government. They are to the ideals that the ensign represents, they are to their brothers and sisters in arms. People are initially sold a lie, sure, but you can take that lie and do something with it.

Something I have noticed - the vast majority of people are lazy. They are listless, and will do absolutely nothing with their lives. They have no sense of responsibility or ability to work cohesively within a group to accomplish tasks with speed and finality.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:35 AM #13
trance34
Sammiches

trance34 plays in the PSP
trance34 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
So...living in Canada and having some of your lovely channels I am exposed to some of the advertising putforth by the US army/navy. It's...interesting to say the least.

It seems there are some general traits they all have in common:
- Get off your *** and do something productive!!! Like...JOIN THE ARRRMMYY YAAAA
- The experience you will gain at the army is an exhilarating worthwhile journey. It's narrowmindedness disciplinary sheepish routines will make sure we maintain the best army in the world. YAAAA!!!!
- We have the best technological weaponry on the planet, we will blow away all of the competition, bar none. Don't you wanna play with guns...and tanks...and helicopters...and airplanes....and OMG yup, theyre in now....drones???
- We always have an enemy (to which we don't really tell you why) that we can **** up...and you bet they keep on coming, I mean...why would we be running all these ads right?
- The army is a great thing to have on your resume. You will stand out of the crowd when looking for further employment oppurtunities.

Army
- Be all you can be
Navy
- A global force for good

Excuuuuuuuuse me? Is noone astonished by the **** they say on these ads? A global force for good? A global force for good? Give me a break, how illusioned must you be to NOT SEE THAT THE UNITED STATES HAS NEVER BEEN ATTACKED SINCE WWII. (don't give me this stuff about 9/11).

So, I guess what I'm trying to ask is....Why in the world would anyone risk their life for the neo-imperialistic superpower the United States is? How much (dare I say) brainwashing goes on?

It is a completely different matter to speak of WWII, so please, enlighten me on your views.

edit: yes I realize most will poke fun somehow, or be in outrage over this post. I would like some half-decent responses however. Just trying to open up minds at the same time open mine
I bet you listen to Propagandhi don't you!

trance34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:26 PM #14
Murph1329

don't feed the troll
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:57 PM #15
thenoob23
ADK

thenoob23 is playing at Living Legends VI
thenoob23 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
*Dye not Die dip wad......Also if someone wrote a book about the life you have I would just start smashing my head with the table first.
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
thenoob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:16 PM #16
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoob23 View Post
*Dye not Die dip wad......Also if someone wrote a book about the life you have I would just start smashing my head with the table first.
the chemicals must have gotten to his brain
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:05 PM #17
Mr. Y2K
Prime Minister of Canada

Mr. Y2K is a Supporting Member
Mr. Y2K is a founding member
he's from toronto. they think they're the center of the universe.
two years? i did two years to, and then joined the army did my time and then got back into the the trades.
dick is bigger than yours.
that **** works on some but not all. i joined because i wanted to serve my country and help less fortunate people.
also to jump out of airplanes and throw mother ****ing hand grenades, and then kill people.

This is my witty remark.
Don't be hatin
Mr. Y2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:49 PM #18
Peter Man's Bridge

Toronto? What a douche. I've worked in the Electrical field for over 2 years plus school, done 2 years concrete and currently doing High Voltage work. Work gets boring as **** and being a reservist spices life up. Week nights and weekends at the range make life less boring. That and the idea of a deployment someday

Welcome to The National
Peter Man's Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 AM #19
thenoob23
ADK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
the chemicals must have gotten to his brain
I'm going to say that is 100% true lol.
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 AM #20
thenoob23
ADK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Y2K View Post
he's from toronto. they think they're the center of the universe.
two years? i did two years to, and then joined the army did my time and then got back into the the trades.
dick is bigger than yours.
that **** works on some but not all. i joined because i wanted to serve my country and help less fortunate people.
also to jump out of airplanes and throw mother ****ing hand grenades, and then kill people.
Hmmmmmmmm.I feel the need to pick up a grammer book and throw it at you......Its I not i.....
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 01-30-2013, 07:11 AM #21
InfantryMike12
Armed Force Panzer #12

InfantryMike12 is playing at Living Legends VI
InfantryMike12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Man's Bridge View Post
Toronto? What a douche. I've worked in the Electrical field for over 2 years plus school, done 2 years concrete and currently doing High Voltage work. Work gets boring as **** and being a reservist spices life up. Week nights and weekends at the range make life less boring. That and the idea of a deployment someday
Lol ranges on the weekends? Rightttt.... And your gunna deploy and do absolutley nothing. Its dieing down and reservists just fill our mags and do janitorial work down range..