Originally Posted by SOGGYMUFFIN
So I pulled out my DM6 for the first time in 2 years. I figured there were going to be issues. Right now I have a very heavy leak coming from the solenoid area. It's almost as if no air is reaching the bolt. I set the bolt halfway through the breech to check and it only moves very slightly when I air it up. Anyway, this is what I have done so far...
1. Replaced bolt sail along with other various o-rings in the bolt that had gotten swollen/old.
2. Disassembled solenoid, lubed necessary parts, checked manifold gasket.
3. Reset HPR/LPR to default.
4. Attempted to fire while it was leaking.
5. Replaced CP plug o-rings
the main cause for a solenoid leak is the bolt said oring make sure it's the correct size should be 015 you may have to change it a few times.
it's very hard for them noids to go out, it could also be your noid gasket, you should take the frame off and try and pin point the leak as it will help me further, as it's hard to tell what's wrong with it just by words.
First remove the frame and try to pinpoint the source of the leak:
- If it comes from the small hole under the LPR, you need to remove your LPR.
The cause of the leak is either one of the #015 o-rings on the outside of the LPR or the
#006 o-ring found inside the LPR
- If it comes from somewhere around the solenoid, the first thing to do is to turn the
on/off knob to the off position. If the leak continues, the cause is a bad o-ring on the
on/off. If it stops there are three likely causes:
1. #015 on the bolt sail
2. #020 on the cylinder (the one on the middle of the cylinder)
3. Seat under the solenoid