Old 01-26-2013, 06:48 PM #1
SOGGYMUFFIN
AIR FORCE

SOGGYMUFFIN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SOGGYMUFFIN supports our troops
SOGGYMUFFIN is an NCPA player
SOGGYMUFFIN plays in the APPA D4 division
DM6 Noid Leak

So I pulled out my DM6 for the first time in 2 years. I figured there were going to be issues. Right now I have a very heavy leak coming from the solenoid area. It's almost as if no air is reaching the bolt. I set the bolt halfway through the breech to check and it only moves very slightly when I air it up. Anyway, this is what I have done so far...

1. Replaced bolt sail along with other various o-rings in the bolt that had gotten swollen/old.
2. Disassembled solenoid, lubed necessary parts, checked manifold gasket.
3. Reset HPR/LPR to default.
4. Attempted to fire while it was leaking.
5. Replaced CP plug o-rings

Any suggestions?

PROUDLY SPONSORED BY PLANET ECLIPSE AND SOCIAL PAINTBALL

Last edited by SOGGYMUFFIN : 01-26-2013 at 07:06 PM.
SOGGYMUFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2013, 08:39 PM #2
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGGYMUFFIN View Post
So I pulled out my DM6 for the first time in 2 years. I figured there were going to be issues. Right now I have a very heavy leak coming from the solenoid area. It's almost as if no air is reaching the bolt. I set the bolt halfway through the breech to check and it only moves very slightly when I air it up. Anyway, this is what I have done so far...

1. Replaced bolt sail along with other various o-rings in the bolt that had gotten swollen/old.
2. Disassembled solenoid, lubed necessary parts, checked manifold gasket.
3. Reset HPR/LPR to default.
4. Attempted to fire while it was leaking.
5. Replaced CP plug o-rings

Any suggestions?

the main cause for a solenoid leak is the bolt said oring make sure it's the correct size should be 015 you may have to change it a few times.

it's very hard for them noids to go out, it could also be your noid gasket, you should take the frame off and try and pin point the leak as it will help me further, as it's hard to tell what's wrong with it just by words.

First remove the frame and try to pinpoint the source of the leak:
- If it comes from the small hole under the LPR, you need to remove your LPR.
The cause of the leak is either one of the #015 o-rings on the outside of the LPR or the
#006 o-ring found inside the LPR
- If it comes from somewhere around the solenoid, the first thing to do is to turn the
on/off knob to the off position. If the leak continues, the cause is a bad o-ring on the
on/off. If it stops there are three likely causes:
1. #015 on the bolt sail
2. #020 on the cylinder (the one on the middle of the cylinder)
3. Seat under the solenoid

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:29 AM #3
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
One easy test is to adjust your LPR to zero output. Then air up and see if you still have the leak. If you do, it's not the noid.

Make sure you used the proper sized oring on the bolt sail. You could put one on that's too small and it will look good but not seal.

Check the large top hat oring. A leak there will come out the noid. Check the middle can oring....a leak there will come out the noid as well.

Make sure when you put the noid back on you screwed it on level with even tension on both screws. Make sure you didn't lose the gasket as well.

Take off the grip, unplug he wires so you don't break them and then air the gun up. Use a spray bottle to find the exact spot the gun is leaking. Don't spray the board obviously lol.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.

Last edited by MstrKey : 01-27-2013 at 01:38 AM.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:12 PM #4
SOGGYMUFFIN
AIR FORCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss429 View Post
the main cause for a solenoid leak is the bolt said oring make sure it's the correct size should be 015 you may have to change it a few times.

it's very hard for them noids to go out, it could also be your noid gasket, you should take the frame off and try and pin point the leak as it will help me further, as it's hard to tell what's wrong with it just by words.

First remove the frame and try to pinpoint the source of the leak:
- If it comes from the small hole under the LPR, you need to remove your LPR.
The cause of the leak is either one of the #015 o-rings on the outside of the LPR or the
#006 o-ring found inside the LPR
- If it comes from somewhere around the solenoid, the first thing to do is to turn the
on/off knob to the off position. If the leak continues, the cause is a bad o-ring on the
on/off. If it stops there are three likely causes:
1. #015 on the bolt sail
2. #020 on the cylinder (the one on the middle of the cylinder)
3. Seat under the solenoid
I'm positive I put in a 015, but it's worth another shot. And like I said, I checked the gasket and everything seems to be in order. I even cleaned out the milled area where the gasket sits to make sure there wasn't any dirt. Again, I'll double check that for sure. It's definitely coming from the solenoid area, so the LPR should be fine. I appreciate your response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
One easy test is to adjust your LPR to zero output. Then air up and see if you still have the leak. If you do, it's not the noid.

Make sure you used the proper sized oring on the bolt sail. You could put one on that's too small and it will look good but not seal.

Check the large top hat oring. A leak there will come out the noid. Check the middle can oring....a leak there will come out the noid as well.

Make sure when you put the noid back on you screwed it on level with even tension on both screws. Make sure you didn't lose the gasket as well.

Take off the grip, unplug he wires so you don't break them and then air the gun up. Use a spray bottle to find the exact spot the gun is leaking. Don't spray the board obviously lol.
I'll try that LPR trick and get back to you. Positive it was a 015, but it's worth swapping out again just for giggles. I actually swapped out those o-rings as well cuz they were gettin old and flimsy. Hadn't touched her in two years lol. I appreciate your response!

Old 01-27-2013, 06:20 PM #5
jojo750
retired again 03-30-2014

Annual Supporting Member
jojo750 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jojo750 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
the outer lpr orings are supposed to be #013.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:43 PM #6
SOGGYMUFFIN
AIR FORCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo750 View Post
the outer lpr orings are supposed to be #013.
You probably read my post wrong. I was referring to the bolt sail o-ring I swapped out. I actually haven't touched any LPR o-rings because I'm pretty sure it's not an LPR issue. Thanks for the response though!

Old 01-31-2013, 04:29 PM #7
SOGGYMUFFIN
AIR FORCE

Just thought I'd update so anyone else who has a similar issue could see how it turned out. After switching out my bolt sail o-ring for the 7th time, she finally aired up with no leaks. I've realized over the years of owning this gun that the bolt sail is usually the primary culprit for the most common leaks. It just took 7 tries this time around... Thank you all for the help!

Old 01-31-2013, 04:46 PM #8
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Just thought I'd update so anyone else who has a similar issue could see how it turned out. After switching out my bolt sail o-ring for the 7th time, she finally aired up with no leaks. I've realized over the years of owning this gun that the bolt sail is usually the primary culprit for the most common leaks. It just took 7 tries this time around... Thank you all for the help!
if your oring kit isn't fairly new and has been sitting it will cause this issue, and well some are just made wrong lol thats why you always hand fit them

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:33 AM #9
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
leaks and orings

Quote:
It's just the milling on the can. They make those things in taiwan, or so I've heard. They can be a bit off spec. On one Dm I owned I usually had to run a larger oring than stock in the sail position. It worked way better that way because my can was just milled a tad on the large side. You want it tight enough to seal, but not so tight that it really drags.

Of course not all orings are created with exact equal sizes too. They can be made off spec. Sometimes you get bad ones and it takes a bit of experimentation. Always keep a good supply of sail orings handy! LOL. If you have this problem again without any good orings, you can always drop one in some dow55 grease for a day and then use it.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote