Community Focus

Old 01-03-2013, 08:46 AM #1
NuNuNewsome

NuNuNewsome owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NuNuNewsome owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
NuNuNewsome plays in the APPA D4 division
NuNuNewsome supports DLX Technology
What is up with the APPA

Has everyone checked their rank yet since the APPA updated? I don't understand how a guy could play D5 3man all year ranked as a D5 and not placing but one event and now they are ranked D4 for the 13 season?

APPA apparently has killed my plans for 2013
Once again I feel they have helped kill the sport again (Thats my opinion and I am allowed to have it)
NuNuNewsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2013, 09:11 AM #2
wildspinx
T-MOB

Annual Supporting Member
wildspinx plays in the PSP
wildspinx plays in the MiLP
wildspinx helped look for balloons
wildspinx supports Team VICIOUS
wildspinx supports DLX Technology
since I am in the exact opposite boat, I was ranked d2 in 2008, got reranked to d3 when they did the update a few years ago, this with this update I am now d4.... and I havent been d4 for a LONG time, I didnt play at all last year, and sent CFOA a request to get reranked to d4 about a month ago, it was REVOKED because I had too much experience...now I am d4 with the appa update lol.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:14 AM #3
NuNuNewsome

You sound just like me. I keep going down in rank because I can only play 3man. The new system has killed my teammates and it looks as if the APPA might have destroyed another team
Old 01-03-2013, 10:16 AM #4
ErrorCode6263
[insert cool phrase here]

ErrorCode6263 plays in the PSP
ErrorCode6263 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ErrorCode6263 plays in the APPA D4 division
ErrorCode6263 supports DLX Technology
I played one half year of D4 (3-4 CFOA events), a 3man, and a Novice 7man. Came out with 216 points because of the "division" multipliers and some decent finishes. I don't like that the system is screwing over teams like yours NuNu but I think they are trying to stop sandbaggers the best they can. It's sort of a double-edge sword.

YourPBFriend: Best new store around!
ErrorCode6263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:43 AM #5
NuNuNewsome

If its running people outta of the game I don't see where any good is coming from it. I have never played a D5 team that '' feared'' me because I am nothing to fear. My highest rank has been D3 but that was when I was young. Im 40 years old fat and slow. I just wanna play 3man paintball with my wife.....

Im just saying Im a career or long term paintball tourney player. Year after year I buy ID cards and pay entry fees and paint. I spend thousands of dollars on markers and gear. I am past the pinnacle of being competitive due to age and job restrictions and just want to play to have fun. it just seems that the APPA is constantly trying to force older or mature players up the ranks ( which is good to a point) but when will they cater something more toward my situation? The old has been or never was? Do they not need my money? Isn't the paintball community better served by allowing me to play with the wife and some kids? Im not in danger of not playing this season.Im just losing one of my favorite players who really doesn't deserve a D4 rank. He doesn't have enough experience to be a D4 player. He has played maybe 2 5man D5 events and 5 D5 3man events.

I just don't understand why everyone is on the APPA bandwagon. I was playing Amateur ball back when there where 3 divisions. Rookie Novice and Amateur, so I was here before the APPA and have seen it both ways. I personally think the APPA system hurts more then it helps but once again its just my opinion. Im slowing but surly going back to the woods where such things are not worried about I guess
Old 01-03-2013, 10:51 AM #6
dang
betty

has been a member for 10 years
dang plays in the PSP
dang plays in the APPA D4 division
Talk to Brian Radford. In some cases he may be willing to reclass you if he still has that ability. I would recomend pleading your case to him, and not the pbnation community.
Paintball Central
GUNS FOR SALE
dang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:14 AM #7
NuNuNewsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by dang View Post
Talk to Brian Radford. In some cases he may be willing to reclass you if he still has that ability. I would recomend pleading your case to him, and not the pbnation community.
I will try that.

Im not really pleading the rules are the rules I guess. I just think the system is broke
Old 01-03-2013, 12:32 PM #8
andyschein
OcD

andyschein plays in the PSP
andyschein owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
andyschein plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuNuNewsome View Post
Has everyone checked their rank yet since the APPA updated? I don't understand how a guy could play D5 3man all year ranked as a D5 and not placing but one event and now they are ranked D4 for the 13 season?

APPA apparently has killed my plans for 2013
Once again I feel they have helped kill the sport again (Thats my opinion and I am allowed to have it)
Its totally fair, the points system determines how a player is seasoned....
The more you play in a year the more experience you have, if you feel you shouldn't be a higher rank then you can shoot the guys who work thee rankings in an email.

In most cases they only allow reclassification due to major injuries, a long period of absence from ranked play (ex: you played a season of D1 Xball in 2009 , you quit or took a three year hiatus and now you are back)

To me the classification you are discussing doesn't really matter since the level of play is around the same.
Best Field/Grass in the NorthEast
andyschein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:37 PM #9
NuNuNewsome

Problem has been fixed. Thank you everyone for the advice. Can't wait for the season to start
Old 01-03-2013, 04:07 PM #10
simple_condolences
Zach Traylor

simple_condolences owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
simple_condolences supports Team VICIOUS
simple_condolences plays in the APPA D4 division
simple_condolences has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hate to say it, but it only takes a few points to get to D4... If you don't like it, talk to APPA/ Radford. They might be able to help. Otherwise, go on and move up the ladder like you're supposed to.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:10 PM #11
NuNuNewsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuNuNewsome View Post
Problem has been fixed. Thank you everyone for the advice. Can't wait for the season to start

Old 01-03-2013, 04:37 PM #12
wildspinx
T-MOB

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErrorCode6263 View Post
I played one half year of D4 (3-4 CFOA events), a 3man, and a Novice 7man. Came out with 216 points because of the "division" multipliers and some decent finishes. I don't like that the system is screwing over teams like yours NuNu but I think they are trying to stop sandbaggers the best they can. It's sort of a double-edge sword.
I am not complaining one bit in what I am about to say, but if they are trying to prevent sandbaggers, putting someone like me, who has played for 5+ years (d4 +) and the last 3 years in an open division (d3 on appa), back to d4 is a little off. Because now I could be the d4 player on a d5 team for a full season... I am not trying to sound cocky by saying this, but I have too much experience to be allowed to play d5, I would never do that out of courtesy though. But it is a little odd for me to be able to play in a division that i have been overranked to play in for over a half a decade.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:05 PM #13
Mason74

Mason74 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Mason74 supports Team VICIOUS
Mason74 is for the Gunfight
Mason74 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildspinx View Post

I am not complaining one bit in what I am about to say, but if they are trying to prevent sandbaggers, putting someone like me, who has played for 5+ years (d4 +) and the last 3 years in an open division (d3 on appa), back to d4 is a little off. Because now I could be the d4 player on a d5 team for a full season... I am not trying to sound cocky by saying this, but I have too much experience to be allowed to play d5, I would never do that out of courtesy though. But it is a little odd for me to be able to play in a division that i have been overranked to play in for over a half a decade.
This will be my first yr playing CFOA, and I don't give a hoot if more experienced players play in D5, based on the ranking system being messed up. I figure that means we simply need to target the sandbaggers early and often, and should take the prize.

I think sandbaggers at any level, for any sport, are cheaters, whose mommas didn't love them enough in their eyes, or something like that, and they probably play Madden on rookie level to make themselves feel better about life.

The fact is though, APPA should set a standard - unless u don't have enough tournaments I should not be allowed to play at a division below 4, no matter how long u have been out of the game. The same goes for 4, 3, etc.

I don't believe in regression, only progress. And for the record Tom, I don't think u doing anything wrong, it just is what it is. I look forward to picking up tips from u this season.
Mason74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:19 AM #14
simple_condolences
Zach Traylor

simple_condolences owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
simple_condolences supports Team VICIOUS
simple_condolences plays in the APPA D4 division
simple_condolences has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The discussion on sandbagging is pointless. There is NO way to stop it. APPA stops the players that have played APPA events sure. But what about teams out of country who don't use that system? What about players who have been playing for 5-6 years before deciding to play their first tournament? For teams who worry about people sandbagging, you're putting your focus in the wrong place. Worry less about who is on the other team and more about what you need to do in order to come out ahead of them.

They're just 5 guys with guns shooting paintballs.

With that in mind, good luck to all in the 2013 season and hope to see you all soon this coming season!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:54 PM #15
tj nivens

The cfoa is suffering as it is. And this is my opinion. I think that since we have such low numbers the cfoa should get away from appa . When the appa come around a lot of teams where playing PSP events . Now most teams in the cfoa are getting screwed with ranking. I think it should go back to the way it was in 2004. Rookie -novice-am.
tj nivens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:49 PM #16
grback
PBA stats

grback owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
sent CFOA a request to get reranked to d4 about a month ago, it was REVOKED because I had too much experience...now I am d4 with the appa update lol.
Quote:
but I have too much experience to be allowed to play d5, I would never do that out of courtesy though. But it is a little odd for me to be able to play in a division that i have been overranked to play in for over a half a decade.
My question is, if you feel you have this much experience then why would you try to request to be D4 to start with.....just observation
grback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:06 PM #17
KRhodes111
DARKCARNIVAL

KRhodes111 plays in the PSP
KRhodes111 plays in the MiLP
KRhodes111 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
KRhodes111 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by grback View Post
My question is, if you feel you have this much experience then why would you try to request to be D4 to start with.....just observation
KRhodes111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:08 PM #18
tj nivens

Didn't care to be reclassed Brian. And from what I was told was that there wasn't going to be a d3 in 2012 so in order for me and my friends to play we could only have two d3 players. So the only way we could play would be in d4. So reclass me back to d3 and get some more teams to man up ! There are so many people that I have known over the years that are still playing d4 and d5 that should be playing d3. Explain that !!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:10 PM #19
tj nivens

It ain't about being reclassd its about being able to play. "Just saying "
Old 01-07-2013, 05:14 PM #20
tj nivens

Step up to d3 wildspinx! And yes we will call you out !
Old 01-07-2013, 06:25 PM #21
wildspinx
T-MOB

Annual Supporting Member
tj, if I had a team to play d3 with I would love to. I have a group of 1 d4 player, 3 d5-6, and me. We will be playing d4 next year. My old d3 team plays out of georgia and only plays GFOA, I moved up here in June from georgia.

Brian, I am not trying to start an argument or anything. I misunderstood the rules at the time when I asked to be reranked, i thought if you didn't play for one season you would be classed down, my last tournament was WC 2011, and I played d4. But I misunderstood, it is 2 seasons. It was just a general observation I probably shouldnt have cap locked REVOKED, but i did. Anyways look forward to playing next season. Either way though, I would be playing with my team in d4 as I would have been their d3 player and I wouldn't trade my teammates for the world, great group of guys.

Best of luck next year and see everyone on the field! I was just pointing out that it did not negatively effective everyone, just most people.