Community Focus

Old 01-26-2013, 09:11 AM #1
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

has been a member for 10 years
Why did I get an infraction for this?

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=77883882

Post #14

The thread starter posted that he would like a gun in the range of $200-250 and #14 comes in and posts that the TS should get a Dye DAM, a gun that is $1,050 above the TS's price range.

I of course ask him does he not speak english or did he just not bother to read the thread, next thing I know I am receiving an infraction, get my post deleted, while his nugget of "helpful" information remains.

Also, since the mods evidently have it out for me(since I don't get warnings, the mods skip to infractions), how many points must I accumulate before I get banned again?
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2013, 09:27 AM #2
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Did your post add anything at all to that discussion? It did not.

Personally, I reserve warnings for newer members. You're a prior BOS member who came back through the amnesty program. Amnesty was never intended to give anyone a perfectly clean slate to be exactly like they were again. The intention was to allow people who had learned from their previous errors, and truly wanted to be productive forum members again. You, on the other hand, seem to live on the edge of trolling, post spam, and misinformation.

Again, you've been through this before, so the points system shouldn't be any big surprise to you. 4 active points gets you a temp, 7 active gets you a longer temp, 10 gets you a perm. Wouldn't it just be easier to take a look at what you type before hitting "submit" to ensure it's not trolling, spam, or garbage?

EDIT - Honestly, you have no idea how many times I've had other infractions ready for posts of yours, walked away from the keyboard for five minutes, come back and reconsidered. That's about as lenient as I'll be with your borderline stuff. Had those gone through to submit, you'd be long gone already. I really don't like having to kick out infractions, but this has been a long-standing issue with you directly. Riding the edge isn't going to do you much good in the long run.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!

Last edited by Pump Scout : 01-26-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:48 AM #3
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy is BST Legit
TargetIndy is an Ultimate field/store owner
TargetIndy is Immortal
The original post didn't cover price range, so I think it's reasonable to suspect the guy who suggested the DAM wasn't aware of the price range limitation.

In situations like those try a more helpful post, such as:
"The DAM is a nice gun, but it's out of the OP's price range. He's looking for something in the $400 range."

DoctorOring.com -- O-ring kits for baller's on a budget!
3 rebuilds $4.95 -- Boxed kits from $9.95

Paintball Indiana -- Indianapolis's Oldest Outdoor Paintball Field
TargetIndy is offline   Reply With Quote