Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-14-2013, 09:34 AM #1
yab0iialex

Machine vapor vs dm13 vs geo3

Looking for a good new spoolie I lost my dm10 in hurricane sandy so I'm looking to buy a new gun off the B/S/T but I'm stuck between these 2
yab0iialex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2013, 10:50 AM #2
dominantgazelle
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo

dominantgazelle plays in the APPA D4 division
dominantgazelle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
dominantgazelle supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by yab0iialex View Post
Looking for a good new spoolie I lost my dm10 in hurricane sandy so I'm looking to buy a new gun off the B/S/T but I'm stuck between these 2
These 3 you mean? I would get the vapor even though it isn't a proven engine. Although in all honesty he geo3 or dm13 are probably a better value
dominantgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:59 AM #3
cbranson

cbranson supports DLX Technology
I say vapor all the way. The Geo3 is a little uncomfortable (for me) and I hate Dye with the burning passion of 1000 firey suns. But get the pooty bolt for the vapor. doesn't NEED it, but it's awfully nice.
cbranson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:13 PM #4
Dep
its paintball.settle down

Annual Supporting Member
Dep is BST Trusted
Dep is playing at Living Legends VII
Dep owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dep owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dep is for the Gunfight
The vapor shoots awesome and is a solid gun same with the dm
And if your lucky you get all the goodies with the vapor

The geo3 is my fav of the 3 because of its reliability and xtreme ease of maintenance.
Plus planet eclipse has awesome cs!
A few threads down the geo3 lost against an axe though.....sooo
Old 01-14-2013, 01:07 PM #5
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Why those 3? There are much better options available.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:20 PM #6
szpaintballer

szpaintballer supports Team VICIOUS
szpaintballer posts videos on PbNation
szpaintballer is Legendary
szpaintballer supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
Why those 3? There are much better options available.
I agree. Ego11,geo3,luxe2.0
szpaintballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:39 PM #7
blueshifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by szpaintballer View Post
I agree. Ego11,geo3,luxe2.0
He listed the geo3... and judging by his options he's looking for a spool. The Clone GT is the best spool out, seconded by the luxe (or you could flip them based on personal preference). The ego11 isn't even the best option in poppets as it takes a back seat to the G6R (and the vice and the 07 borg IMO).
Old 01-14-2013, 02:09 PM #8
wellsboy
BULL CITY BALLERZ

wellsboy is playing at Living Legends VI
wellsboy is playing at Living Legends VII
wellsboy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
wellsboy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
wellsboy supports DLX Technology
get a luxe , all the others always get compared to a luxe anyway. ( it shoots like a luxe, its quiet like a luxe) so might as well go with the topdog!
wellsboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:47 PM #9
blueshifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsboy View Post
get a luxe , all the others always get compared to a luxe anyway. ( it shoots like a luxe, its quiet like a luxe) so might as well go with the topdog!
Except the clone is smoother than a luxe, quieter than a luxe, (IMO) has a better board than the luxe, is more efficient than a luxe and is more comfortable than a luxe. Looks to me that the bar has been raised at the luxe isn't the top dog.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:10 PM #10
wellsboy
BULL CITY BALLERZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
Except the clone is smoother than a luxe, quieter than a luxe, (IMO) has a better board than the luxe, is more efficient than a luxe and is more comfortable than a luxe. Looks to me that the bar has been raised at the luxe isn't the top dog.

better board? whats better than a talking board?. and if a clone is topdog the resale doesnt reflect that at all, i have some luxe 1.0's from 2008 that i have sold for $1000, i have seen some gt's under $1000, and if u didnt notice luxe came with the the macroline free design and the macdev copied that. u cant be topdog when u just copying a idea somebody already created 5yrs before u decide to try it(macdev) ask the world cup champs what they were using when they won, wasnt a gt

1.5 sold for $1050 yesterday

1.0 sold for $1100

1.0 -1075

Last edited by wellsboy : 01-14-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:17 PM #11
blueshifty

Quote:
better board? whats better than a talking board?. and if a clone is topdog the resale doesnt reflect that at all, i have some luxe 1.0's from 2008 that i have sold for $1000, i have seen some gt's under $1000, and if u didnt notice luxe came with the the macroline free design and the macdev copied that. u cant be topdog when u just copying a idea somebody already created 5yrs before u decide to try it(macdev) ask the world cup champs what they were using when they won, wasnt a gt

[IMG]http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae151/wellsboy/100_2059.jpg[IMG]

1.0 sold for $1100
[IMG]http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae151/wellsboy/100_2004.jpg[IMG]

1.0 -1075
[IMG]http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae151/wellsboy/hkluxe003.jpg[IMG]
I hate the talking board... my OLED virtue board chirps and I turn that feature off too. I like OLEDs. Resale is a joke anyway... I completely dismiss any argument made on that premise. Ego7s sell for more than marq7s used and I think the marq is far superior (same year gun and similar starting price). Really it has nothing at all to do with anything. Oh and now we're saying that DLX started the macroless thing? Wow, all tippmanns from back in the day were that way, minis have always been that way, the 09 impulse, etc. I wouldn't really even count that as a perk since it does make troubleshooting more difficult. Dlx can't be the top dog because they copied tippmann.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:23 PM #12
wellsboy
BULL CITY BALLERZ

we're not talking about tippmans, marqs or ego7's, we talking about the high ends that are in demand now. and like i said before dlx is running the highend market right now just check around the bst. and what other marker from 2008 is selling for $700+ besides a luxe, why do u think that is? also all the parts and upgrades for a luxe will work on all three models which is a plus. means u dont have to go out and buy a new marker every year. u cant win this battle thinking the clone gt is superior compared to the luxe, i bet u cant interchange parts between clone gt and the vx

Last edited by wellsboy : 01-14-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:27 PM #13
blueshifty

Quote:
we're not talking about tippmans, marqs or ego7's, we talking about the high ends that are in demand now. and like i said before dlx is running the highend market right now just check around the bst.
The is no market to run... by volume PE probably makes more sales than anyone, but that means nothing about the quality of their product. Nothing. So you have a $2000 talking shocker, great, I'd sell it and try to recoup my money too.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:47 PM #14
FXBaller

FXBaller is for the Gunfight
FXBaller is for the Gunfight
FXBaller has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FXBaller has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

1.0 sold for $1100

1.0 -1075
Not to interfere but the reason the 1.0's sell for that much is because they're special editions... Btw the gun doesn't make the player. I wouldn't question the skill of konstantin fedorov saying that it was the Luxe that won World Cup. Hahaha
Diversity #02
FXBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:35 PM #15
mass destruction

Smile

Quote:
we're not talking about tippmans, marqs or ego7's, we talking about the high ends that are in demand now. and like i said before dlx is running the highend market right now just check around the bst. and what other marker from 2008 is selling for $700+ besides a luxe, why do u think that is? also all the parts and upgrades for a luxe will work on all three models which is a plus. means u dont have to go out and buy a new marker every year. u cant win this battle thinking the clone gt is superior compared to the luxe, i bet u cant interchange parts between clone gt and the vx
I own a luxe and wouldn't get rid of it for anything, but your entire argument is invalid on so many levels.
First off, higher resale doesn't mean anything except that more people want it, and popularity does absolutely not make a marker inherently superior, especially considering that 90% of paintballers are mechanically disinclined and will buy whatever they hear is the best.

Second, the talking board is just stupid. If you spend $1500 on a marker you should flat out NOT have to open the grips just to change modes.

Third, the gt drivetrain is in no way a copy of a luxe at all, your ignorance can be proven by a quick google image search of either ones internals. The gt is also inarguably more efficient. Smoothness is hard to quantify, so I won't argue there, but I've heard from people who have shot both that the gt wins. And even assuming that macdev did copy the luxe with the hoseless design, who cares? At the end of the day it's about what the industry wants and what people prefer.

Pros will shoot whatever they get the best deal on.

And please, quit worshipping dlx and think for yourself. All of your arguments are just insubstantial and poorly thought out.
learn to type while you're at it.
The only reason I shoot a luxe is because they feel far better in my hands than any other marker I've ever felt, and I decided that for me that's more important of an advantage than what the gt has to offer.

To the OP, I would go with the geo 3 out of those choices. The vapor isn't really impressive for the price and I would absolutely never buy a new dm. If you're hellbent on a dye gun, get a dm11 and you're just as well off.
2013 demons are a good choice, they shoot phenomenally and are free of the issues the earlier generations were notorious for.

Last edited by mass destruction : 01-14-2013 at 11:44 PM.
mass destruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:53 PM #16
wellsboy
BULL CITY BALLERZ

I never said the clone copied the luxe drivetrain, i said macroline free design, so go back and read, u cant argue if u don't own both
Old 01-14-2013, 11:58 PM #17
mass destruction

Quote:
I never said the clone copied the luxe drivetrain, i said macroline free design, so go back and read, u cant argue if u don't own both
Is that the most well thought out rebuttal you could come up with? Stop cluttering the OPs thread with your retardation.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:59 PM #18
wellsboy
BULL CITY BALLERZ

Don't get on here telling me what someone else told u about a clone, if u don't own one how can u compare the two?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:01 AM #19
wellsboy
BULL CITY BALLERZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mass destruction View Post
Is that the most well thought out rebuttal you could come up with? Stop cluttering the OPs thread with your retardation.
I don't have to come up with anything, who u suppose to be? U not important to me, get your money up and get yourself a gt ,then u can compare
Old 01-15-2013, 12:12 AM #20
mass destruction

Quote:
Don't get on here telling me what someone else told u about a clone, if u don't own one how can u compare the two?
If you notice, I actually provided reasons and facts to back up what I said, like a normal human being.
You just provided opinions and poorly thought out conjecture.

Just because I don't personally own one doesn't mean I've never shot, seen, or handled one, so that argument is garbage right there. You don't have to own a gun to know that it's a superior design.

Never owned a Ferrari, but I can be reasonably sure that its better than my car
Old 01-15-2013, 09:05 AM #21
#1WoodsBaller

#1WoodsBaller is playing at Living Legends V
#1WoodsBaller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mass destruction View Post
If you notice, I actually provided reasons and facts to back up what I said, like a normal human being.
You just provided opinions and poorly thought out conjecture.

Just because I don't personally own one doesn't mean I've never shot, seen, or handled one, so that argument is garbage right there. You don't have to own a gun to know that it's a superior design.

Never owned a Ferrari, but I can be reasonably sure that its better than my car

Everything everyone writes on here is opinion. Some opinions are based on personal experience and some on "what you have heard and read". Is a Ferrari better than your car? Yes. Is a Ferrari better than a Lamborghini? Ask the guy who owns the Ferrari and then ask the guy who wons the Lambo. I bet they don't agree on which is best.

Is a Luxe better than a Spyder compact? Yes definitely. Is a Luxe better than a GT or Geo3 ...Ask enough people that have owned them all, you will probably get different answers all around.

Personal attacks on people for giving there opinion shows a lack of maturity, this is based on my experience

@ the OP of the three the only one I have experience with is the Geo3 a close friend has one and I have been to many events with him and seen it in action many times, it always works. Before the Geo3 he had a Luxe 2.0 and his was finicky at times and required more maintenance. I asked the other day of would ever go back to the Luxe and he said no. A team member of his has a Luxe this last weekend it wokred great and shot awesome until halfway through the first game when it started leaking. After trying to tech it for half an hour he finished the day shooting my Ego7. Of course others experience and opinions will be different. Of the 3 you named I like the Geo3.

WTB or Trade for Grey Racing Strap PM Me!!
#1WoodsBaller is offline   Reply With Quote