Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-19-2015, 02:07 PM #1
ekkthree

is there any difference really??

i have a trilogy pro. works fine and shoots reliably. more shot to shot variation than my electric marker but i think that's sorted out with a smaller bore.

the question is if there's much difference at all by going to a resurrection or a pimped out custom cocker. i'm not going to mess with the settings or cocking or firing points. pull trigger = gun goes pop. that's my thing. so, is there a point to it, or should i just leave things be??

side note, the one thing i would change is perhaps a new reg since it's a pain to do the ivg thing with a ref's field chrono.
ekkthree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2015, 02:45 PM #2
tacxplosion

Smoother trigger/cycle and tighter timing. For what you want it, no, there's no advantage; they all do the same thing: shoot paint at roughly 300 FPS. As for adjusting the reg, sweetspot it and get a dialer kit or a karni IVG and tool.
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:53 AM #3
sixfootsideburns

I agree with Tacx, for what you describe then there isn't much benefit. However, my cocker remains my best shooting marker because I've spent the time to get it shooting how I want it. Shoots +/- 2-3 fps, ball on ball is amazing, and the timing is tight enough that I can easily rip at a solid 6-6 bps without any effort (going higher always seems to lead to short stroking).

Paint quality has less effect on my cocker than any other marker I've ever played with, even with dimpled paint I can shoot peoples barrels sticking out from a bunker from 40-50 feet away pretty consistently.

If you interested in getting your marker running better then upgrading is likely to make that process much more simple. If not, I would say no. If it shoots paint well enough for you then just keep playing.
sixfootsideburns is offline   Reply With Quote