nique303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:06 AM #3
DM5 Beast
Cody Sears

DM5 Beast owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DM5 Beast owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DM5 Beast owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DM5 Beast supports DLX Technology
...comes into a Dye forum and asks if Dye or Planet Eclipse is better...hmmm..lol. Just giving you a hard time. If you want a quieter smoother shot of then you want Dye. If you want air efficiency and a louder shot then go with Eclipse.
1 of 1 Brandon Short Tiger IM9
Dye DM14
Dye DM5
Past Markers: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3829419
DM5 Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:09 AM #4
tinopaintball

Annual Supporting Member
tinopaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tinopaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tinopaintball supports Team VICIOUS
tinopaintball supports Team VICIOUS
tinopaintball supports DLX Technology
depends what you are looking for in a marker, there is no BEST, they are all good at something.

I vote Eclipse
Vicious CSL #3 --- Candy red ninja 68/45 --- SEED Rotor
Etha --------------------Ninja 68/45----------- Rotor
tinopaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:55 AM #5
02firehawk555

02firehawk555 plays in the PSP
02firehawk555 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
02firehawk555 supports Team VICIOUS
02firehawk555 plays in the APPA D5 division
Personally I like the DM's better then the Ego but if your joining a team and are a back player go with the Ego. My next gun purchase will be a DM.

Main Marker: Ego LV1-Dye Rotor-Ninja SL 68/4500 with Ninja V2 SLP Pro reg

Back up: 2k12 Flame G6R-Virtue Spire-Ninja 45/4500 with Ninja SLP Pro reg
02firehawk555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:19 AM #6
**Entropy**
O.o

**Entropy** plays in the APPA D4 division
My personal opinion is that Dye markers perform better on the whole. I tech markers all the time and what I've found is that PE markers tend to be more reliable in the sense that even if they are somewhat broken they shoot...maybe not straight but they shoot. Where as Dye markers tend to be in my opinion better overall shooters but if they go down, they will not shoot.

That said I like the GEO 3, I've not been a fan of any of the Ego's and I've owned a few, I haven't been a fan of the Geo, Geo+, or Geo 2 but having shot the Geo3 and having never had to repair one I would say if EP has a winner, that is it.

I think despite the lack of a OLED the Dye markers handle better, shoot smoother and have a better shot pattern in general.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:42 AM #7
ProtoSkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Entropy** View Post
My personal opinion is that Dye markers perform better on the whole. I tech markers all the time and what I've found is that PE markers tend to be more reliable in the sense that even if they are somewhat broken they shoot...maybe not straight but they shoot. Where as Dye markers tend to be in my opinion better overall shooters but if they go down, they will not shoot.

That said I like the GEO 3, I've not been a fan of any of the Ego's and I've owned a few, I haven't been a fan of the Geo, Geo+, or Geo 2 but having shot the Geo3 and having never had to repair one I would say if EP has a winner, that is it.

I think despite the lack of a OLED the Dye markers handle better, shoot smoother and have a better shot pattern in general.
Agree 100%. I'm not a tech but most problems I've had with my DM4 DMC and NT11 i was able to fix. And most of the time problems are due to o-rings so the maintanence is very simple, even if it has to be done often. And they shoot so smoothly.
ProtoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:55 AM #8
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
If you asked me a couple years ago, I would have said Dye hands down. But Eclipse has done more to improve their markers than Dye has lately, their resale doesn't drop off quite as bad, they offer two top of the line markers to choose from. Both companies make quality parts and both of their guns perform well. And when it comes down to the little things, Eclipse is starting to get the edge. And I still think it's ridiculous that Dye doesn't attend NPPL events.

All that being said, I personally prefer the feel of a DM than an Ego/Geo. Also, this isn't a good question to ask and even a worse place to ask it.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:59 AM #9
Blusylver

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post
If you asked me a couple years ago, I would have said Dye hands down. But Eclipse has done more to improve their markers than Dye has lately, their resale doesn't drop off quite as bad, they offer two top of the line markers to choose from. Both companies make quality parts and both of their guns perform well. And when it comes down to the little things, Eclipse is starting to get the edge. And I still think it's ridiculous that Dye doesn't attend NPPL events.

All that being said, I personally prefer the feel of a DM than an Ego/Geo. Also, this isn't a good question to ask and even a worse place to ask it.

Kinda hard to improve perfection. The dm platform has been perfected since the dm9.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:04 PM #10
iquadra
BucK NastY

I prefer dm's because the UL2 frame sits perfectly in my hands and I love how they shoot, maintenance is really nothing once you know what to do.

I am not a huge fan of ego's because of how loud they are compared to other poppits on the market.

Geo's are great guns but they don't have that UL2 frame feel to me and I feel like I play best when I am most comfortable.

Proudly Sponsored By: Exalt
iquadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:19 PM #11
speedy2k4
BSH University

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blusylver View Post
Kinda hard to improve perfection. The dm platform has been perfected since the dm9.
Even with the newest models, trigger tolerances are hit or miss, the tool-less grips can be really difficult to remove when new/cold, the reg is difficult to take apart, the airport knob is prone to breaking, the reg sleeve is prone to tearing, the eye pipe is prone to cracking, etc.

It's a great marker, but it's not perfect. Most of those issues are minor, but most are also easily fixed. Of course there is probably more money to be made by making 1 or 2 small changes and marketing a new model every year.

I prefer Dye guns, but it's easy for me to understand why someone else might not these days.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:08 PM #12
neverexpendable

It depends drop an ego and the frame bends and brakes or keep a dm lubed and have.it shoot flawless for years

Semper Fi '12
GFL-O
MXL

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/...amnlucious.png
neverexpendable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:27 PM #13
PalmHarborPirates (Banned)

PalmHarborPirates is playing at Living Legends V
I'd buy an ego 11-10 and buy a dm6-7 so you get the best of both worlds!
PalmHarborPirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:39 PM #14
speedy2k4
BSH University

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverexpendable View Post
It depends drop an ego and the frame bends and brakes or keep a dm lubed and have.it shoot flawless for years
Never seen an Ego frame bend just from being dropped, they will break if you fall on them though. Which if you play on NPPL turf will happen eventually.

I've seen several bent/broken UL frames too, it is a bit more difficult to do though.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:43 PM #15
eyeownyu
ryan

eyeownyu plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blusylver View Post
Kinda hard to improve perfection. The dm platform has been perfected since the dm7.
fixed

"It's the decisions you make when you have no time to make them that defines who you are." ~ teh_masterer
Only after disaster can we be resurrected. ~Tyler Durden
San Diego Pirates
VSB.
eyeownyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:20 AM #16
Funny Old Guy

Funny Old Guy plays in the PSP
Funny Old Guy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Funny Old Guy plays in the APPA D4 division
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM5 Beast View Post
...comes into a Dye forum and asks if Dye or Planet Eclipse is better...hmmm..lol. Just giving you a hard time. If you want a quieter smoother shot of then you want Dye. If you want air efficiency and a louder shot then go with Eclipse.
No better way to explain it! So I got both.

DM12 = smooth, quiet, ball on ball, great with brittle paint
09 Ego = Loud, air efficient, out of my gear bag reliable, simple interface

My favorite analogy: I like chocolate ice cream. You like vanilla ice cream.
No bad choice here. It's all ice cream!
CEP Fan #96
Masters World Cup 2011 Topgun CFP
Masters World Cup 2012 ICU Mafia
Funny Old Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:59 AM #17
GUN_YOU_DOWN_3
3hunna

GUN_YOU_DOWN_3 plays in the PSP
GUN_YOU_DOWN_3 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i have owned both an Ego and DM, in my opinion, i've enjoyed the Ego very much, i could go forever and a day playing because it was so efficient. Now my new team has a sponsorship with dye and we shoot DM13's. I cannot complain at all, ball on ball accuracy, light + sexy, overall, get a DM