Old 01-24-2013, 12:33 AM #1
oberonson
ASIAN ARMY

oberonson supports Team VICIOUS
oberonson plays in the APPA beginner division
oberonson has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
oberonson supports Empire
Is there better paint for my gun?

Hey all! I'm not sure if i'm posting in the right forum now, but i've a problem.

I have a spyder fenix 2012, and it chops a TON of paint. I shoot karnage burn on it, and i think it might be the paint thats causing the problem. Is there anyone with a spyder fenix that's shot karnage burn through it, and has this same problem? I'd like someone who's experienced this to tell me so i know it's not just my gun. But anyways, what would be a decent better paint, that's around the same price as karnage burn, but works great with spyders? I need one that won't make me chop. Thanks all!

"Originally posted by HustlePaintball-com: This thread can now end... Everyone has a boner now.."

"Never believe anything you read on the internet" -Abraham Lincoln

ASIAN ARMY
oberonson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2013, 01:06 AM #2
p8ntballinsbest#2

p8ntballinsbest#2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Karnage burn is one of the most solid rec/practice paints out there bro, it's more than likely not your paint, first check your detents and eyes if you have eyes on the gun, if those are fine then check your loader, you may be putting to much stack tension and forcing paint causing it to crack the ball before its shot.
p8ntballinsbest#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:54 AM #3
FirePro84
Airsmith - Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
FirePro84 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FirePro84 plays in the USPL
FirePro84 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FirePro84 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
FirePro84 supports Empire
If the marker is working properly (good battery, eyes reading properly, re-cocking properly, shooting at velocity, etc) and the bolt/breech/barrel are clean and have no paint residue in them chances are you may have a problem with the paint.

like p8nt said, Karnage Burn and Bite are a couple of the best paints for rec-ball for the price range. The question becomes now, where are you getting the paint from? and where/how are you storing the paint? That may be the issue why it keeps breaking in your marker...
- Paintball Tek on FaceBook

- w w w . P a i n t b a l l T e k . c o m
FirePro84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:23 PM #4
p8ntballinsbest#2

The man tim is correct. If its extremely cold then burn can easily turn brittle. I havnt experienced this problem with rec paints unless its really really cold
Old 01-24-2013, 05:19 PM #5
oberonson
ASIAN ARMY

I get my paint from a local proshop. It's not dimpled or anything, and i store it in a shaded place, not too hot or cold. Also, my loader is on 20 bps. Thats not too high.

This is the second time i've played with this marker, and the first time, it had the exact same problems. I sent it in to kingman for a warranty, and they said the microswitch was defective, so they replaced it. They shot 500 rounds thru the gun, and it didn't chop. But now i got it back, and still same problems.

"Originally posted by HustlePaintball-com: This thread can now end... Everyone has a boner now.."

ASIAN ARMY
Old 01-24-2013, 06:38 PM #6
p8ntballinsbest#2

Since its electronic I'm guessing you have a bolt delay setting on the board, try turning the bolt delay up, also I don't know what loader your using, but most loaders don't go by BPS settings, they go by stack tension and with loaders like the prophecy the sound sensitivity setting.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:07 PM #7
FirePro84
Airsmith - Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
The hopper sounds like it's one of the V35 Halo's which you can set the BPS speed on. 20 should be fine for loading.

The Fenix doesn't have any settings that can be changed like any of the high end markers do like the breech delay and whatnot. The boards are fairly simple and just do power on/power off/safety/eyes on/eyes off usually.

As for the problems you are having still, try keeping the paint warmer (i.e. heat them up on the floor boards of your car with the heater on before you play or keep them in your house somewhere that is constantly around 70 or so. Lower than 65 or higher than 85 is bad for paint. If that still doesn't help perhaps try a different brand of paint and see if that helps at all. If it doesn't there may be an issue with the marker still, I can take a look at it for you at the shop if you want but 'chopping paint' can be a hard problem to diagnose sometimes.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:20 AM #8
maloneoni
The Ronin

Do you have another marker that you could shoot the same paint out of?
Old 01-27-2013, 11:45 PM #9
oberonson
ASIAN ARMY

Fire pro, if i take it down to your shop, will you charge to check it out?

ASIAN ARMY
Old 01-28-2013, 05:43 AM #10
FirePro84
Airsmith - Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
If it comes though the shop there is usually a fee associated with it. But if I don't do any work on it (i.e. everything is working properly and it's cleaned/oiled/etc) then just making sure it works is no charge. I don't have any place at the store to test it with real paintballs (just re-ball) but I can take it to my workshop at my house and shoot real paint to make sure it's functioning properly...you would just have to leave it with me for a day or so.

It says you're up in sac, have you checked with Bob over at Predator or even Craig at Palmers? both of them are very good techs as well, but chances are they are both going to tell you the same thing I am, it's probably either the paint, the way the paint is being stored, or the cold weather that's giving you the issues.

also, like maloneoni said, do you have any other markers or friends who have other markers that you can shoot the same paint though and see if it still breaks? that's a good way to test as well...especially if the marker is similar (i.e. another spyder or tippmann).

ReplyRegional Ups