PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-24-2013, 10:01 PM #1
pbdev

Paintball Event Website?

Hi everyone,

I'm here to do a feeler and see if people like this idea before I invest time in it (sounds lame, I know--you think about these things when you get old). Basically, through all the times I've played paintball, it always seems to me there's a major lack of one site where anyone can post events, including fields/scenarios/etc... and let's be honest, most field's sites suck--not to mention you have to trudge through them individually or go to a forum to look for events in your area. And what about backyard rec games or sponsored scenarios in large private properties?

So, my idea.

Think of a site like cars.com/autotrader.com for paintball events. Scroll through a list of backyard events, special events, categorized as such. Anyone can post for free (with an account). Anyone can view events for free (with no account). Do you have your own personal spot to play with friends, but you're looking for some more players? Make an ad, get an anonymous email address (like Craigslist), and see who replies and if they sound cool.

For Premium Events, there will be a small fee per week to make the event show at the top when the player searches for events based on location.

After events are over they will disappear.

Thoughts? Ideas? Would this be successful? Why or why not?
pbdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2013, 10:14 PM #2
coladylan

coladylan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
coladylan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
coladylan supports Empire
I would love having one in my area, i suppose craigslist could serve as a place too though

SuperGame XLV XLVII
coladylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:23 AM #3
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
We've got something like this right here in our regional forums. It's hit and miss as to success... some areas are working better than others. Very honestly, the coordination of trying to get field operators to put things out there in the right places is, at times, very difficult.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote