Old 03-05-2013, 04:49 AM #22
kostis11

kostis11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kostis11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kostis11 is attending Decay of Nations VII
kostis11 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicad View Post
It's actually not true. Or perhaps I should say, if you abuse any of your equipment, it won't last as long as it should.. CF or aluminum. We at Deadlywind have had barrels out there for over 6 years, and check in on some of them (like a random product durability checking) and they are holding up just fine.
how can you abuse the internal of the barrel?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2013, 07:55 AM #23
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Vegard is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostis11 View Post
how can you abuse the internal of the barrel?
Poorly cleaned reballs, poorly cleaned marker, poorly cleaned hopper, picking paint up off the ground.
Either of those can send dust, sand or other crap flying down your barrel scratching it up inside.
-growing older is mandatory – growing up is optional-
FS Random Markerbundle FS
Vegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:02 PM #24
Mr. Stealthy

At my old field where it was real dusty, barrels would show wear on the internal finish pretty quickly (both aluminum and carbon fiber). The Carbon fiber barrels would develop a pretty ruff control bore area pretty quickly which can at some point have an affect on efficiency. Fortunately for the deadlywind, the control bore is aluminum so it should be less prone to this and even further protected if you use stainless steel inserts. The carbon fiber part of the finish inside may show some signs of scratching over time but it shouldn't have much affect on the ball since it doesn't come into a lot of contact like the control bore does.

One of the reasons I purchased the CF boomstick is I wanted the stainless steel control bore for durability and an aluminum tip that I could back around a lot and switch tips on. The finish on the stainless steel can still scratch, but it takes some serious neglect and time to do. Have been a UL shooter for many years as well and the look and feel matched well with my tastes. I have also owned a Fibur in the past which was also a good shooter.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:32 PM #25
subzeero

How well does the deadly wind fibur self clean after barrel breaks. I prefer to bore match or underbore but find that my .684 and .678 eigenbarrels are nearly unshootable before I swab them.
subzeero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:28 PM #26
theVicious1

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicad View Post
It's actually not true. Or perhaps I should say, if you abuse any of your equipment, it won't last as long as it should.. CF or aluminum. We at Deadlywind have had barrels out there for over 6 years, and check in on some of them (like a random product durability checking) and they are holding up just fine.
I've had my fibur for 3+ yrs now and it still shoots great, but it doesn't shoot through breaks or swab out as well as it used to. I'm not sure if there's some maintenance I could run on it, maybe a conditioner for the insides...
theVicious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:49 AM #27
hmcl281

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by subzeero View Post
How well does the deadly wind fibur self clean after barrel breaks. I prefer to bore match or underbore but find that my .684 and .678 eigenbarrels are nearly unshootable before I swab them.
they shoot really well after a break
Old 03-14-2013, 11:46 PM #28
WVMEDIC20 (Banned)

WVMEDIC20 is playing at Living Legends VI
WVMEDIC20 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
WVMEDIC20 supports Team VICIOUS
WVMEDIC20 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
WVMEDIC20 supports DLX Technology
I have been playing with a CF BoomStick for a season and a half so far and some of my team mates use the deadly winds barrel with freak inserts, I am not sure that there is much of a performance difference between the two, I think it comes down mostly to personal preference. I liked the longer control bore and stainless insert of the CF BoomStick for me personally on my DM. Again, I have nothing bad to say about the DW, just came down to a personal choice for me.
WVMEDIC20 is offline   Reply With Quote