Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2014, 05:56 PM #64
m1zz0u
 
 
m1zz0u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Your friend is probably referring to our full-time missionaries, which having been one myself, the entire day of a missionary is for serving others. So yes that would include things like snow shoveling to helping someone with their lawn. Their main purpose is to testify of of Jesus Christ, which in serving others, are doing as He would do.
m1zz0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2014, 08:21 PM #65
ElJefe13
 
 
ElJefe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Utah
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by J38U5 View Post
I heard from a friend of a friend that when you come up to the door, and say the homeowner asks you to shovel the snow from the walk, or cut the grass, you'll happily do it...or is that the J-Hov's?
Yes, and no. Yes, full time missionaries will and usually normal members will help you or, but it really depends on who you ask. Good response above, btw.

Last edited by ElJefe13 : 01-14-2014 at 08:24 PM.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:29 AM #66
J38U5
ShortBus Cult Messiah
 
J38U5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cowtown, Alberta
J38U5 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
J38U5 supports Team VICIOUS
J38U5 supports DLX Technology
Awesome! New to going to church (Catholic), I'm 37ish lol. Hate when you guys come up to the door, try to be nice, but admire what you do
J38U5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:13 PM #67
ELBENO99
 
 
ELBENO99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Don't know where I heard this but I thought I should ask. Are mormans dead inside?
ELBENO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:41 PM #68
ELBENO99
 
 
ELBENO99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Just kidding, here's my actual question. What's the morman take on reincarnation, and do you believe in any separation between the soul and spirit.
ELBENO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:22 PM #69
ElJefe13
 
 
ElJefe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Utah
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELBENO99 View Post
Just kidding, here's my actual question. What's the morman take on reincarnation, and do you believe in any separation between the soul and spirit.
No belief in reincarnation. We believe that we lived with God before we came to earth as spirits. When we came to earth, we gained a mortal body, and became souls.
Body + Spirit = Soul
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:37 AM #70
ELBENO99
 
 
ELBENO99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
That's interesting, I've been reading a lot of Steiner recently and he went in to detail on many different religions beliefs but while he did not omit Mormonism, he didn't really talk in depth about it.
ELBENO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:21 AM #71
CatsArePussies
Lickin' Myself
 
CatsArePussies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
CatsArePussies owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Is it true like ginger's having no souls that Mormons have no hormones?
__________________
HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSS
SSS
S
CatsArePussies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:22 AM #72
p-ballplaya1440
:dodgy:
 
p-ballplaya1440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 717/540
p-ballplaya1440 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
p-ballplaya1440 is for the Gunfight
p-ballplaya1440 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
p-ballplaya1440 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Not sure if this has been posted yet, as I didn't read the whole thread, but do Mormons think that god/jesus/whatever lives on this so-called "Planet Kolob"?
__________________
JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
"Originally posted by RamapoLax: If you don't like Darren Sproles then **** you."
"Originally posted by timmyballer67: Alone we are nothing. Together we can achieve epic lulz."
"Originally posted by Nick Alder:
Admiral, i detect large quatities of Bamf in this sector"
gkweston porn bombs ST: 11/9/2011 I was there.
p-ballplaya1440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:19 AM #73
ElJefe13
 
 
ElJefe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Utah
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-ballplaya1440 View Post
Not sure if this has been posted yet, as I didn't read the whole thread, but do Mormons think that god/jesus/whatever lives on this so-called "Planet Kolob"?
No. This is really into the weeds gospel study, most people don't get it but I find it fascinating. Btw most if this info is coming from the Pearl of Great Price.
We believe that Kolob is the name of the star closest to the throne of Heavenly Father. There is nothing more than speculation as to what/where this star is. It is also the way that the Godhead reckons time (i.e. God time = kolob time) which is about 1 Kolob day = 1,000 earth years
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:14 PM #74
ChickenPoxInMySox
 
 
ChickenPoxInMySox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
What did the Jamaican say when he ran out of weed?

I want Mor Monnnnn

lollerblading down rofl hill
__________________
BuMpY fEeT
ChickenPoxInMySox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:51 PM #75
onetwothree123
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: WA
It's true folks, I'm sure of it. Everything the prophets say will happen, will happen. One day we'll all see and confess.
onetwothree123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:04 PM #76
Savage Mikey
 
 
Savage Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, WA
Where does the Mormon Church stand on seperation of church and state? I would think with the history of the church in this nation that it would support the separation but Ive met Mormons who still vote for gay marriage bans etc and base those decisions off their religion.
Savage Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:17 AM #77
ElJefe13
 
 
ElJefe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Utah
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Mikey View Post
Where does the Mormon Church stand on seperation of church and state? I would think with the history of the church in this nation that it would support the separation but Ive met Mormons who still vote for gay marriage bans etc and base those decisions off their religion.
We strongly believe in the separation of church and state, in that religion leaders should not run the government, or membership in the church as a requirement for voting. But we still vote for what we believe is right according to what we believe.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:48 PM #78
Mini_Freak
 
 
Mini_Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NJ
Have you ever doubted your faith? Don't answer if you don't want to, I'm just curious... Also wanted to know what you think happens to non-believers or members of other faiths in the afterlife?
Mini_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:11 AM #79
Savage Mikey
 
 
Savage Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefe13 View Post
We strongly believe in the separation of church and state, in that religion leaders should not run the government, or membership in the church as a requirement for voting. But we still vote for what we believe is right according to what we believe.
This seems hypocritical. On one hand you think the religion shouldn't run our government but when it comes to restricting the rights of others via the government based on religion, thats okay.
Savage Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:19 AM #80
Savage Mikey
 
 
Savage Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefe13 View Post
No. This is really into the weeds gospel study, most people don't get it but I find it fascinating. Btw most if this info is coming from the Pearl of Great Price.
We believe that Kolob is the name of the star closest to the throne of Heavenly Father. There is nothing more than speculation as to what/where this star is. It is also the way that the Godhead reckons time (i.e. God time = kolob time) which is about 1 Kolob day = 1,000 earth years
Have you noticed anything strange about this...
For example, when someone asks if you believe god lives on kolob your response is "no" but then you go on to say "We believe that Kolob is the name of the star closest to the throne of Heavenly Father."
It's like the idea that god lives on kolob is silly and why would anyone believe that but the idea that god lives 'near' kolob, thats much better. Do you not see how making either claim is equally ridiculous?
Savage Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:48 PM #81
ElJefe13
 
 
ElJefe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Utah
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Mikey View Post
Have you noticed anything strange about this...
For example, when someone asks if you believe god lives on kolob your response is "no" but then you go on to say "We believe that Kolob is the name of the star closest to the throne of Heavenly Father."
It's like the idea that god lives on kolob is silly and why would anyone believe that but the idea that god lives 'near' kolob, thats much better. Do you not see how making either claim is equally ridiculous?
It's not a ridiculous idea, but we have scripture that says that Kolob is not where God lives. Abraham 3:3 and the name of the great one is Kolob, because it is near unto me.

It's actually a pretty common misconception, even among those in the LDS church.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:57 PM #82
ElJefe13
 
 
ElJefe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Utah
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Mikey View Post
This seems hypocritical. On one hand you think the religion shouldn't run our government but when it comes to restricting the rights of others via the government based on religion, thats okay.
We believe that people should vote for what they feel is right. That includes everyone. We believe the official government should not restrict people based on religion. Let's say you're atheist, and you think abortion is good (just an example). I don't think a government official, that happens to be Mormon, should try and stop you from voting for pro-abortion laws or pro-abortion representatives. We also don't think that official, if a pro-abortion law is implemented, should ignore that law based on personal convictions. But we believe a private citizen can vote however and for whomever they want. Our religious leaders just advise on what is right and wrong, and they let their members decide for themselves. It's why the LDS Church does not endorse presidential candidates or parties, even Mitt Romney.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:49 AM #83
AlienBoy
 
 
AlienBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Joseph smith was a Freemason and Freemasons were not allowed to say Jesus name in the lodge how do you explain your religion?
AlienBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:13 PM #84
ElJefe13
 
 
ElJefe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Utah
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
I was wrong, so I am deleting this comment after further research.

Last edited by ElJefe13 : 10-27-2014 at 04:58 PM.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump