PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-23-2013, 09:04 PM #1
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Post Principal kicks girl out of school for having....a paper gun?

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/01/23...other-furious/

"Melody Valentin, a fifth-grader in Philadelphia, was removed from class for pulling out a paper gun in school. She said that her grandfather tore the piece of paper and she had it in her back pocket. When she went to throw it away at school, a classmate saw it and notified administrators.

According to Valentin, the teacher ridiculed her and staff members searched her in front of the class. “He yelled at me and said that I shouldn’t have brought the gun to school and I kept telling him it was a paper gun but he wouldn’t listen,” she said. Dianna Kelly, her mother, is furious with the school."

It's come to this, eh? Far left gun phobic loons have turned the country into what you can see there. On top of killing infants, traumatizing young children is now part of the deal.

People like teachers at that school - You're part of the problem. People are paranoid over an issue that the media has built up and embedded into the minds of nutcases out there.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:18 PM #2
marcozombie

Wow, emotional much?
Old 01-23-2013, 09:19 PM #3
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcozombie View Post
Wow, emotional much?
Yet another trademark worthless troll post.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:24 PM #4
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
SENSATIONALIZE! SENSATIONALIZE!

Really... this means nothing. Why do you care?

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:29 PM #5
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

I care because it shows how utterly ridiculous that the gun debate has become. Additionally, it shows how out of touch and mentally warped this principal is, and many others who somehow find their way into a position of responsibility. Education is supposed to be a priority in this country? Not with idiots like him/her and the staff at that school. Numerous schools have seen similar nonsensical issues. Aren't you one of those "intellectuals" who is open to bash similar people for lacking the brains to see the falsehoods behind religion and their teachings in schools?

Also - you were addressed in the thread about Cuomo.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:39 PM #6
marcozombie

The "throw a kid out because of a paper gun" extreme is just as stupid and nonsensical as the "lets arm every teacher" mentality. So I agree with you.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:17 PM #7
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

This has been happening for at least a decade. Public school teachers can be extremely reactionary beings.
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:19 PM #8
marcozombie

...now lets give them guns...
Old 01-23-2013, 10:52 PM #9
drgonzo
Half-cocked

There is no way this is true.
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:15 AM #10
Snake13
Sky Soldier

Snake13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
There is no way this is true.
Did you not go to public school? Do you not remember how ****ing retarded some administrators and teachers were?
Snake13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:32 AM #11
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake13 View Post

Did you not go to public school? Do you not remember how retarded some administrators and teachers were?
In 1st grade, I cut my hair with some safety scissors. I got paraded through no less than 10 classrooms and the main office with my teacher and principal going on and on about how stupid I was. Then I was suspended for two days.

My brother decked a white boy in his class. Got a warning. Pushed a black girl in his class after she made fun of him. In-school suspension for two days, during one of those days he had to go to an anti-racism class.

I had a friend who brought home lunch to my high school. One day he brought a bagel and some cream cheese. He also brought a plastic knife (the kind that couldn't even cut through a piece of paper) to spread the cream cheese. Teacher day him, he got suspended for a week and referred to the police.

Yeah, teachers can be pretty stupid. I totally believe that OP's story could happen.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:28 AM #12
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake13 View Post
Did you not go to public school? Do you not remember how ****ing retarded some administrators and teachers were?
While I didn't graduate from one, I did go to a public school for part of my education and no, there really weren't any "retarded" teachers or administrators.

I mean look at this:

That is not even recognizable as gunlike, there's no way someone out of the blue decided it was a paper gun and a student needed disciplining. Unless that person was having a mental breakdown or something.

It seems there is a lot to this story not being told, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of it is based on a lie the kid told.
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:35 AM #13
Blake360

It must have had a high capacity paper clip attached to it.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:19 AM #14
SevenGold-IV
Just the Tipp

Is this surprising? My high school had a strict no weapons policy. Some of the deadliest items to make it onto the "weapons" list were toenail clippers and squirt guns. The penalty for bringing either one onto school property was an automatic week long suspension.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:24 AM #15
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

PBOldTimer owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
PBOldTimer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post
It must have had a high capacity paper clip attached to it.
I laughed for almost 30 minutes.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:46 AM #16
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefe13 View Post
Yeah, teachers can be pretty stupid. I totally believe that OP's story could happen.
Cool story bro time:

Went to the bathroom during one of my classes and walked in on some younger dude taking a **** in a hand soap dispenser. I told the janitor who then told some administrator, and she yanked me out of class to accuse me of being the one who shat in the soap dispenser. Told me they were going to DNA test the turd to prove I was the one who did it. Stupid ***** even accused the janitor of changing his story when he told her that I was the one who called it in and not the ****ter himself. Almost got suspended for a week over the whole ordeal.

She eventually went on to become our school district's assistant superintendent.
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:50 AM #17
Iamamartianchurch

An LA elementary school teacher is on trial for multiple counts of molestation of minors and one adult. Accusations of abuse were brought to the school principal who failed to address the matter or even report the accusations to authorities.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:00 PM #18
frankie says chillax
...bro

frankie says chillax plays in the PSP
frankie says chillax plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefe13 View Post
In 1st grade, I cut my hair with some safety scissors. I got paraded through no less than 10 classrooms and the main office with my teacher and principal going on and on about how stupid I was. Then I was suspended for two days.

My brother decked a white boy in his class. Got a warning. Pushed a black girl in his class after she made fun of him. In-school suspension for two days, during one of those days he had to go to an anti-racism class.

I had a friend who brought home lunch to my high school. One day he brought a bagel and some cream cheese. He also brought a plastic knife (the kind that couldn't even cut through a piece of paper) to spread the cream cheese. Teacher day him, he got suspended for a week and referred to the police.

blame lawyers and the sue-happy people. the school doesn't wasn't ANY reason to be sued so that's why they act ****ing retarded.

WTB MINTY FRESH MACDEV 07 CYBORGS
frankie says chillax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:34 PM #19
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
Cool story bro time:

Went to the bathroom during one of my classes and walked in on some younger dude taking a **** in a hand soap dispenser. I told the janitor who then told some administrator, and she yanked me out of class to accuse me of being the one who shat in the soap dispenser. Told me they were going to DNA test the turd to prove I was the one who did it. Stupid ***** even accused the janitor of changing his story when he told her that I was the one who called it in and not the ****ter himself. Almost got suspended for a week over the whole ordeal.

She eventually went on to become our school district's assistant superintendent.
High school taught me never to talk to authority figures because they're often too good at being stupid to understand what you're actually saying.
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:08 PM #20
sucka T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
Told me they were going to DNA test the turd to prove I was the one who did it.
LOL. That is funny.

ThreadSavers®

http://www.ohnoes.org/

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=891102
sucka T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:59 AM #21
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
An LA elementary school teacher is on trial for multiple counts of molestation of minors and one adult. Accusations of abuse were brought to the school principal who failed to address the matter or even report the accusations to authorities.
Was the principal fired?