Originally Posted by ProMod
No problem buddy! Have fun and let me know if you need anything else.
Played with it this weekend - I think I've got an issue or two with it.
Firstly, the back cap. When firing the rear oring seems almost too small - it lets the back cap travel backwards about a millimeter and vents a very small (but noticeable) amount of air, resulting in poor efficiency (3 pods + hopper off of 3000psi/68CU) - however, if I change the Oring to another which is slightly bigger, I can't then put the engine back into the body. Still fires, but gets considerably quieter and much more consistent when I hold the back cap in place:
Arbitrary test with back cap held: 298, 298, 284, 285, 286
Arbitrary test with back cap as it is supposed to be: 307, 271, 280, 306, 284
Secondly is probably (again) my misunderstanding of the board logic. From what I understand, battery level is indicated by Red = bad and Green = good.
4 new batteries, all registered as a low level voltage indication on the board, but the multimeter says they're delivering 8.9V-9.3V.
Apart from that (and the raucous laughter that I got when I rocked up with a Vapor
) it shot well all day! The issues above made it slightly louder/less efficient than I was hoping, but for a UK winter it was alright!
However - one thing to note is that I won't be using the stock barrel as it has some serious machining problems (holes misaligned, some bits of metal inside the barrel front, some collapsed holes, back can be screwed in too far, resulting in gouging, plus I have an Eigenbarrel.)