Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-22-2013, 10:18 AM #1
Crimmins

Tech-T L7 H.E. Bolt

Has anyone tried the Tech-T L7 H.E. bolt for the Reflex? How does it compare to the stock bolt and the original Tech-T L7 bolt?
Crimmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2013, 11:44 AM #2
dijonr2

dijonr2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I've used it & it's great. You are able to lower the dwell anywhere from 9-11 depending on your set-up. I got mine to shoot at 11ms on the dwell on a 2011 Reflex Rail & it really smoothens up the gun, very quiet & very smooth(reduces the kick significantly). I'm a fan of the L7 & this version actually works best in this platform without an LPR in the Reflex & it's lighter then a DM12/13. LMK if you have any specific questions.
dijonr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:43 PM #3
sameagol26
Youtube = BTDeltafan101

Annual Supporting Member
sameagol26 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
sameagol26 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijonr2 View Post
I've used it & it's great. You are able to lower the dwell anywhere from 9-11 depending on your set-up. I got mine to shoot at 11ms on the dwell on a 2011 Reflex Rail & it really smoothens up the gun, very quiet & very smooth(reduces the kick significantly). I'm a fan of the L7 & this version actually works best in this platform without an LPR in the Reflex & it's lighter then a DM12/13. LMK if you have any specific questions.
Does the L7 bolt have the same removal problem as the stock bolt; in that it fits so snug that sometimes the bolt guide and backcap come undone and the bolt section gets stuck inside the marker?
Citrus Connection #26
Storm Runners
sameagol26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:52 PM #4
dijonr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameagol26 View Post
Does the L7 bolt have the same removal problem as the stock bolt; in that it fits so snug that sometimes the bolt guide and backcap come undone and the bolt section gets stuck inside the marker?
that's not going to change b/c of the overall design of the bolt. you just have to unscrew it half way then start pulling it out once you feel the back cap it completely unthreaded. If you've ever had an older DM or PM it's the same thing & I would just stick my squegee through the front to pop it out.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:05 PM #5
sameagol26
Youtube = BTDeltafan101

Annual Supporting Member
sameagol26 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
sameagol26 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijonr2 View Post
that's not going to change b/c of the overall design of the bolt. you just have to unscrew it half way then start pulling it out once you feel the back cap it completely unthreaded. If you've ever had an older DM or PM it's the same thing & I would just stick my squegee through the front to pop it out.
hmm, ok. I just got a 2012 reflex rail 2 weeks ago. It's rather annoying, but whatever, the gun is solid otherwise
Citrus Connection #26
Storm Runners
sameagol26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:09 PM #6
dijonr2

What's annoying are those unecessary plates/covers they use on the body especially the one on top of the body towards the back that kind of cover the top of where you put the bolt in.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:13 PM #7
Crimmins

It smoothens up the gun?!? Really... I found the gun to fire so smooth to begin with. Being used to playing with blow back markers (Spyders) when I switched to my 2011 Reflex, I could hold the spread to the size of a quarter and thought man this rocks. I couldn't imagine it firing with less kick then it does now. I was more interested in efficiency, since I rock a pinokio hopper and multiple pods, my 62/3000 tank runs out in just around 1200 rounds as is. Was only looking at extending the life of that (since most fields around here have their compressors capped at 3000, a 4500 psi tank is useless). Well... my B-day is soon upon me, so I'll let my peeps know what to get me then Probably from my brother-in-law since I always get him and his son upgrades for theirs on their b-days. I look forward to seeing what a reflex with "less kick" feels like. got a feeling i'll be laughing my a** off with it
Sameagol26 - When removing your bolt, you put the allen key in and turn it one and a half turns only. No more no less. Then put your finger in the front with no barrel on (or the feed neck if you got small fingers) and push the bolt back. That way it comes out in one piece every time.
Dijonr2 - I agree... The plate covers serve no other purpose other than to gather paint and be annoying to clean later. Sure they look nice (shiney) but that's where it ends. I hate having to take them off to dig out paint and shell after a game
Crimmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:16 AM #8
woodsplaya
Out of the woods now!

woodsplaya is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Yah it should only take a little more than a turn to unscrew the back cap and pull the whole assembly out
woodsplaya is offline   Reply With Quote