PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-24-2013, 01:42 PM #1
Sherbet

A book on pump paintball

The Book on Pump Paintball
Sherbetpaintball@gmail.com

Please tell me what you think of this new book which is freely-available on the web.

Comments, suggestions, ideas, contributions, and any information to add is greatly-appreciated and those submissions be given full credit when added to the book. Photo contributions are especially needed.
Sherbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2013, 02:03 PM #2
Myguns2fast4u
Peanut at heart

Myguns2fast4u helped look for balloons
I'm currently reading through it, I'll post up my thoughts when I'm finished

Crossfire Tank FST
Myguns2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:03 PM #3
Sh00t2Thrill

Sh00t2Thrill posts videos on PbNation
Sh00t2Thrill supports Empire
Time out. You state the goal of a pump player is to eliminate as many people as possible without the distractions of teamwork or objectives? I play exclusively pump these days and I feel your stance is more than a little narrow minded. In my opinion, you really miss the mark of what I feel a pump players goals during a game should be.
Also you insinuate at a couple points that pumps or certain types of pumps are good for "distance shooting" and are more accurate than other guns. This I find to be false as well. Its important that newer players understand that pumps don't give an advantage or necessarily a disadvantage and its more about the skill of the player both on the field and while setting up there equipment off the field.

Also, if you're an experienced pump player how do you not have pictures to put into your book? No experienced player I know has zero pics of gear or play... add your own pics and it'll add to your creditably.

All in all, I find this work rather elitist and unhelpful. I DID love the conclusion though and how wacky it was. Made me smile.

Holy crap... the more I think about it, the more it occurs to me that I could have been trolled. In which case...touche' sir.

Last edited by Sh00t2Thrill : 02-24-2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: trolled?
Sh00t2Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:57 PM #4
natepb96
Sneaky Sneaky

I like it but I disagree with the statement about not using stock class in the woods. Personally, I find it more fun to use stock class in the woods. It isn't impossible but it raises the challenge which is one of the main things and reason to play pump.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:56 AM #5
Sherbet

Thanks for the advice

Yes, eliminate as many opponents as possible without the distractions of teamwork or objectives. A pump player can assist their teammates by tagging and bunkering opponents or capturing their flag. If you can bunker someone in a fort, you can take a flag and hand it off to a teammate just as easily.

High capacity paintguns eliminate opponents at distance faster. That's why a ten-round paintgun is better for sure-fires, when you know it will hit. I'll have to add that.

Pumps are lightweight compared to many mechanical paintguns of the same price. I'll add that.

I'll have to add more pictures. I play on Sundays 9-4 from spring to fall and use that time just for playing. But pictures have to be put in from somewhere.

I plan to someday use this book as a base document for a wiki-type "open source" book on pump paintball that contributors can correct and modify. A lot of what I wrote is from personal experience going back to 2010-2011, but around 2012 I found that with some more added experience I had gained a lot of what I said could be adjusted

More and more I'm agreeing with natepb96 that the stockgun can be used in the woods among semi-autos. I've been getting some successes which were due to teamwork, which is in-line with what Sh00t2Thrill said.

So I'll add a how-to for using stockguns in the woods

If you enter press CTRL-F and type "teamwork" and hit "Find Next" a few times you can find instances where teamwork can be either ignored or utilized by the pump player. But mostly I've had success with selfishly eliminating opponents, or running ahead of a group of semi-auto team players
Sherbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:45 AM #6
natepb96
Sneaky Sneaky

I find that when I am playing stock class in the woods I use the concealment of the trees, vegetation and what not, to my advantage. Camo helps somewhat and with all of this combined I hope to get behind the other team and try taking out the back players, and then it is just shooting open targets in their backs who are in tunnel vision and oblivious to what just happened to the people behind them. I really do like this book you are making, it is really interesting to read.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:23 AM #7
Sh00t2Thrill

Sh00t2Thrill posts videos on PbNation
Sh00t2Thrill supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherbet View Post
If you can bunker someone in a fort, you can take a flag and hand it off to a teammate just as easily.
This is true. This statement also contradicts what you were saying about ignoring objectives. Idk man... just play the game but do it with a pump. Right? Isn't that pump play? I think many people would say yes.

Quote:
Pumps are lightweight compared to many mechanical paintguns of the same price. I'll add that.
THIS. I feel that this is the #1 reason to use a pump. You should definitely make this a central point.
Less weight in your hopper. Less weight on your back... all leading to more control, and quickness on the field.

Quote:
But mostly I've had success with selfishly eliminating opponents, or running ahead of a group of semi-auto team players
If you're running ahead of the group you are still playing team paintball. You're just the "front man". Its a thing. Its not selfish.
This type of play points back to having less weight in your gear, which I think has the biggest effect on game play overall, as pump players bebop around in a world of semi-autos.

Sorry I said you were a troll. I just think many of your sections are kind of inflammatory and elitist.
Sh00t2Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote