PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-13-2013, 02:40 AM #1
mbrianm

Empire Sniper question

Thanks for your help in advance.

I'm getting a Sniper tomorrow and i'm wondering what I should buy for it. Mostly i'm confused about the "spring" I read that I should replace the spring and get a lighter spring to make the pump more smooth. I think the spring their talking about about is the one in the handle correct? If so where do I buy the spring to replace it? Sorry i'm new to the pump world and got to learn some how.

Another thing I would like to know is if i'm able to switch up the front block so I can give it that Karnivor Regulator look?

Thanks
mbrianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2013, 11:24 AM #2
Bump_Pitch

Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Yea the spring is in the pump handle, you can actually buy a higher quality pump kit to make it a lot smoother
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:37 AM #3
cab0053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump_Pitch View Post
Yea the spring is in the pump handle, you can actually buy a higher quality pump kit to make it a lot smoother
What pump kit is currently available for the empire sniper that doesn't require modification?

To the op, why don't you play with it first, before changing it. I've played with a stock empire sniper a couple times and only I would personally change is the removal of the hitman mod. Pump stroke was perfectly fine.

Last edited by cab0053 : 02-13-2013 at 11:40 AM.
cab0053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:39 PM #4
wc!
In periculo, nos jubete

wc! is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
wc! donated to help Peyton Trent
I agree with cab0053. I've shot alot of pumps and my empire sniper was damn near perfect straight from the factory. Give it a try before you start changing things, you'll probably like it as/is.

But if you choose to tinker, there are 3 main things will affect the stroke on the sniper:
1. The o-rings on the bolt. I removed the front one and it reduced drag without creating noticeable blowback or affecting velocity.
2. The hammer spring. When I had my sniper, I found that most of the pump tension came from this spring. But, be careful with this one since you will also have to change the HPR pressure which will also affect air efficiency and sound signature.
3. The pump spring in the handle.

Hope this helps!
wc! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:37 PM #5
Consense

I've only tried one Empire Sniper in my life. It was stock and shot much nicer then my mod'd Phantom.
Consense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:33 PM #6
Bloodmice

empire snipers not bad for the price point but the valve springs to light, cant get it above 270 fps. return springs to light, hitman mod doesnt work with two fingers... i need two in front one behind to return it all the way.

used ccms better
Bloodmice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:37 PM #7
powday4me
Infectious Pump, SLC

powday4me plays in the PSP
powday4me owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
powday4me has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
powday4me supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodmice View Post
empire snipers not bad for the price point but the valve springs to light, cant get it above 270 fps. return springs to light, hitman mod doesnt work with two fingers... i need two in front one behind to return it all the way.
Hey Bloodmice... I use the hitman mod alot on my Sniper and don't have a problem with it returning on its own. The other day, something was dragging in the pump stroke... so I cleaned out the bottom tube and that fixed the problem. Maybe that's what is happening to you too. Worth a look, anyway. -J
powday4me is offline   Reply With Quote