PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-20-2013, 05:58 PM #1
PBdude1098

Annual Supporting Member
Regulator question?

Wasn't sure where to post this was looking all over and let me know of this is wrong place, I'm sure it is and also could you help me if you know

Question...

Can I buy a high pressure tank and remove the high pressure reg and replace it with a low pressure reg? The only reason the tank is high pressure because of the reg right? Or are tanks made specifically for High pressure or low pressure regs?

Reason for doing this...

Want to buy a breast cancer awareness tank just for the tank color and design buts its a high pressure reg and have to use a low pressure cp reg for gun reasons needing low pressure and cp sponsor.

Thanks
PBdude1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2013, 06:04 PM #2
jmorisaki
B/S/T MOD

Annual Supporting Member
jmorisaki is BST Legit
jmorisaki donated to help Peyton Trent
jmorisaki supports Team VICIOUS
jmorisaki is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
jmorisaki is Immortal
Regulators determine the output pressure. Tanks do not mother tanks sole purpose is to hold air. The regulators do all the important work. Such as output and recharge rate.

FYI there is a tank forum for future questions.

http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151
jmorisaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:05 PM #3
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Not specifically the right spot, but...

High pressure typically refers to the fact that compressed air is stored at higher pressures than CO2. Output pressure is probably what you're talking about, though. Most regs now are preset at the factory for a particular output pressure, be it 400, 600, 800, or whatever. If you want a certain tank, you can definitely pull the regulator off it and replace it with whatever reg your sponsor requires. I'm running a Centerflag tank, replaced the Centerflag reg a while back with a Guerilla Air Myth, then last year with a Ninja Pro.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:41 PM #4
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBdude1098 View Post
Wasn't sure where to post this was looking all over and let me know of this is wrong place, I'm sure it is and also could you help me if you know

Question...

Can I buy a high pressure tank and remove the high pressure reg and replace it with a low pressure reg? The only reason the tank is high pressure because of the reg right? Or are tanks made specifically for High pressure or low pressure regs?

Reason for doing this...

Want to buy a breast cancer awareness tank just for the tank color and design buts its a high pressure reg and have to use a low pressure cp reg for gun reasons needing low pressure and cp sponsor.

Thanks
The short answer is yes. Air systems are typically called "high pressure" or "low pressure" based on the reg's output pressure. If you were to get a HP tank but need a low pressure output for your marker, you can switch the reg on the cylinder for a low pressure output CP one.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:13 PM #5
PBdude1098

Annual Supporting Member
Ok sweet thanks everyone
PBdude1098 is offline   Reply With Quote