PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 09:42 PM #64
die.another.day

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL07 View Post

****load of power? Make sure you never dyno, ignorance is bliss.
Bro look. I know there are cars with more power out there. But it goes fast enough. And it pulls pretty hard. I like it. If u dont then go hate on some other forum
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2013, 09:42 PM #65
Matt H

Annual Supporting Member
Matt H is a Supporting Member
Matt H is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Matt H is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I'm just trying to appreciate classic cars.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:55 PM #66
FL07
On High Alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by die.another.day

Bro look. I know there are cars with more power out there. But it goes fast enough. And it pulls pretty hard. I like it. If u dont then go hate on some other forum
Maybe if you weren't on such a high horse
Old 02-16-2013, 11:30 PM #67
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by die.another.day View Post
MattH get off my thread
Don't tell him what to do , he actually has a racecar , so he is an expert on cars with ****loads of power .

Can we get some pics of the trunk ? Where are you putting the 150 shot ?

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
Old 02-16-2013, 11:37 PM #68
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Oh my bad didn't realize you didn't have the v8, your probably couldn't handle a 100 HP shot of nos bro would most likely blow the headers or spin an exhaust bearing .

Stay on top of maintenance it's a sharp looking car but with German engineering if you give it an inch it wont move a mile if you know what I mean . Does that model burn oil , or was that only the v8 series ?

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
Old 02-17-2013, 12:08 AM #69
A Contract Killer

A Contract Killer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
How old are you, OP?
Old 02-17-2013, 12:25 AM #70
DrobertsPB
You rebel scum

Old 02-17-2013, 12:50 AM #71
worrgames_slaya
PBN Support Tech

worrgames_slaya posts videos on PbNation
worrgames_slaya is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
End this thread. It sucks.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:03 AM #72
die.another.day

Maybe i dont need anything more than what i have. Im not using it for a track car at all. Im using it for a summer car. Just as a toy. Maybe drive it to work sometimes. Maybe i cant afford speeding tickets every week. Id be SO ****ed if i lost my licence cuz of this car. I dont need anything that goes more than this does
Old 02-17-2013, 04:17 AM #73
die.another.day

And for all u people hating on the S5, go drive an A4 with 4 cylinders 2L turbo. Yes its got lots of power for 4 cylinders, but its not half the car of the S5
Old 02-17-2013, 07:54 AM #74
Matt H

Annual Supporting Member
lol
Old 02-17-2013, 07:55 AM #75
Alan777
Tree Fitty

Does it drift
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Old 02-17-2013, 08:00 AM #76
die.another.day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan777 View Post
Does it drift
I dont think so. It does donuts tho
Old 02-17-2013, 08:01 AM #77
Matt H

Annual Supporting Member
I don't think the V6 can, he should have bought a V8.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:35 PM #78
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by die.another.day View Post
There are no FWD S5's....
As of right now it is stock. Im gonna lower it and upgrade the exhaust i hope. Man it sounds beautiful tho
Can you read? No **** there are no FWD S5's... I just said I was messing with you.

Quote:
And to that clown talking about transmissions, if you have driven all of them you'd realize for track driving an S Tronic transmission is all around better then the manual transmissions offered by Audi. Yes I agree they are more exciting to drive, but other then that there is no reason to consider the manual over an S Tronic transmission, being it has its direct roots to Porsche racing and the Audi R18 ultras. It takes about 30-40 milliseconds to change gears with an s Tronic, humans can't physically change gears that fast. I do have a special place in my heart for a proper manual transmission.
If you had half a brain you would realize that most of the people in this thread have Audis; all of them faster and better looking than OP's v6 A5 and whatever imaginary Audi you claim to be purchasing.
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Russian Legion Fanclub #16

Last edited by Ynnekdude : 02-17-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:35 PM #79
mushumatt

Your right I don't know what I'm talking about I just work for Audi. And help with partnerships between awe and Audi branded dealerships. I personally drive a 05 A4 3.0 I never claimed to be in the process of purchasing a new Audi until August when the 14 start arriving in the states. And the OP has posted pictures of his S5. Yes my father has purchased a Somoa orange 13' RS5. Which was put into our system three weeks ago, and build order is due to be started mid march. Which would put it coming to America in may-June. Being a custom order paint for the rs5 it takes another month to be delivered. You wanna call bs that's fine, call up your Audi dealership and ask them yourself. It takes about 2 months for a custom order car to get to the states, and another 2-4 weeks if you order the car with a non standard paint.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:46 PM #80
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushumatt View Post
The 2013 and newer have moved to the v6 TFSI. It's a supercharged not turbo, atleast for the S5. I completely understand what you mean about wanting the V8 but if you go and drive the new 13' S5 you won't notice a big difference in power or torque, if anything the power delivery is faster on the V6 then the V8. The tip Tronic automated transmission is much different then the s Tronic transmission. It's a dual clutch dry system very similar to the pdk gearbox used in Porsche. And to that clown talking about transmissions, if you have driven all of them you'd realize for track driving an S Tronic transmission is all around better then the manual transmissions offered by Audi. Yes I agree they are more exciting to drive, but other then that there is no reason to consider the manual over an S Tronic transmission, being it has its direct roots to Porsche racing and the Audi R18 ultras. It takes about 30-40 milliseconds to change gears with an s Tronic, humans can't physically change gears that fast. I do have a special place in my heart for a proper manual transmission.
Yeah, I'm aware what it is. I test drove several DSG S4s and my roommate from college has a DSG S4. I think they are boring. Manual is my favorite part of my car, I would definitely not change it. Track times blah blah, if you're so serious about the track wtf would you buy a heavy *** audi with all the weight out over the front axle for?

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 02-17-2013, 06:52 PM #81
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
Yeah, I'm aware what it is. I test drove several DSG S4s and my roommate from college has a DSG S4. I think they are boring. Manual is my favorite part of my car, I would definitely not change it. Track times blah blah, if you're so serious about the track wtf would you buy a heavy *** audi with all the weight out over the front axle for?

I completely respect DSG. It's a great transmission.

However, in terms of something that really elicits excitement on a regular basis, manual wins. Who cares about tiny differences in acceleration and track times.

Quote:
Your right I don't know what I'm talking about I just work for Audi. And help with partnerships between awe and Audi branded dealerships. I personally drive a 05 A4 3.0 I never claimed to be in the process of purchasing a new Audi until August when the 14 start arriving in the states. And the OP has posted pictures of his S5. Yes my father has purchased a Somoa orange 13' RS5. Which was put into our system three weeks ago, and build order is due to be started mid march. Which would put it coming to America in may-June. Being a custom order paint for the rs5 it takes another month to be delivered. You wanna call bs that's fine, call up your Audi dealership and ask them yourself. It takes about 2 months for a custom order car to get to the states, and another 2-4 weeks if you order the car with a non standard paint.
I'm aware of Audi's custom order delays. Not necessarily calling BS as much as I am irritated by your comments towards Featherlite. He drives a 6MT S4 and is the former owner of an E90 SMG M5. Additionally, I'm irritated with OP's arrogance. You were caught in the crossfire. For this, I apologize.

Will he track the RS?
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Russian Legion Fanclub #16

Last edited by Ynnekdude : 02-17-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:26 AM #82
mushumatt

It's Alrigjt I apologize as well, kinda got heated in here. The reason he went with an RS is the ability to get around no matter the driving conditions. He was torn between the RS5 and the C63 amg w/ development package. Only problem with the C63 is the drive ability, he had a demo car and got stuck in 4" of snow. He says he wants to track in a few times a year, but my dad is a very busy man. And I never disputed the fact that manual is a more exciting way to drive. I personally love it, but I tend to get stuck in rush hour traffic on the way to work. And it becomes a pain to drive manual, I tore my left acl n mcl in football during high school and its never been the same. Why I got rid of my wrx when I started this job.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:36 PM #83
die.another.day

An audi is an audi. They are all amazing cars. Hands down
Old 02-18-2013, 10:50 PM #84
tesguy
I am the Queen of France!

tesguy helped look for balloons
tesguy is an NCPA player
hope it doesnt break.

IF IT DOESN'T HAVE TITS, A TRIGGER OR A THROTTLE, I'M NOT INTERESTED
Closed Thread