Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2013, 12:43 AM #1
OVIE
WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!
 
OVIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Britain, CT
OVIE plays in the APPA beginner division
On the fence with the 2012 Invasion

I know the time to get one is really dwindling down I'm on the fence about it. I don't know anyone around me that owns one that I could shoot to get a baseline on a decision. So with that being said, I need a little persuading to make a final decision, what would you compare the gun to? Should I wait for the 2013 Alien "Infiltration" (not the name, just thought it sounded cool)?
OVIE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2013, 09:51 AM #2
Doublesightent
 
 
Doublesightent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Doublesightent owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I wouldn't wait for a new gun just because the most we have is "it will be done when its done" Just buy the gun now and if something does come out you can sell the invasion and use that towards the new alien. As far as how it shoots its comparable to a G6R or Darted ego 11, Aliens always seam to have a unique sound signature
Doublesightent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:14 PM #3
TS4life
 
 
TS4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Love mine, super quiet for a poppet using my DW Fibur. Never broke a ball with it, very comfortable in the hands, great trigger, smooth shooter. I bought mine new after being on the fence too, and have no regret. Plus you get points for bringing something different to your field
__________________
ICD Promaster R2-D2
P.E. Reaper Geo 3
Infinity Legend
BL Insight http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4268897
TS4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:19 PM #4
OVIE
WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!
 
OVIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Britain, CT
OVIE plays in the APPA beginner division
Hmmm, I may just call and see if they have a sliver with purple accents and take it from there. Gah, I keep seeing it and loving the way it looks as well as reading the reviews and having it compared to the ego and G6R and at half the price is really intriguing. I guess I'll have to just go for it!
OVIE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:16 PM #5
Filmer_jake
 
 
Filmer_jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago IL/Lexington KY
Filmer_jake owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
You wont regret it!
Filmer_jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:47 AM #6
TS4life
 
 
TS4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
I got the silver/ black and regret not getting the silver/ purple. Someone at the field had one and it looks so good T-T Still happy though.
__________________
ICD Promaster R2-D2
P.E. Reaper Geo 3
Infinity Legend
BL Insight http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4268897
TS4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:09 AM #7
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball
 
griffan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Citrus Heights Ca
Annual Supporting Member
griffan2 is Legendary
comparisons that i have heard from my indy and my friends invasions of other users is always the g6r as far as shot quality. the feel is a little different than other markers but in a good way. light weight, but feels sturdy in your hands and not to thin like some other newer guns. maintenance on them is just about zero, set it and forget it , and forget it, and forget it. lube once a year if your picky. will not be dissapointed
griffan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:57 AM #8
OVIE
WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!
 
OVIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Britain, CT
OVIE plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffan2 View Post
comparisons that i have heard from my indy and my friends invasions of other users is always the g6r as far as shot quality. the feel is a little different than other markers but in a good way. light weight, but feels sturdy in your hands and not to thin like some other newer guns. maintenance on them is just about zero, set it and forget it , and forget it, and forget it. lube once a year if your picky. will not be dissapointed
Thanks for the input! I am most likely going to be purchasing one! I've been checking out the alienpb site a lot and it seems that a lot of the guns are selling off, they are also offering a $40 discount on the green accents, I really want purple but white/silver + green sounds like a good combo. I know I read it before but is there anything I should stock up on parts wise?
OVIE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:04 PM #9
TS4life
 
 
TS4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVIE View Post
Thanks for the input! I am most likely going to be purchasing one! I've been checking out the alienpb site a lot and it seems that a lot of the guns are selling off, they are also offering a $40 discount on the green accents, I really want purple but white/silver + green sounds like a good combo. I know I read it before but is there anything I should stock up on parts wise?
Nope. Don't think there are any parts kits and you should never need any replacements other than detents which it comes with. Aside from that I would just get a different barrel since the stock one is .693? Too bid for the paint I've been seeing.
__________________
ICD Promaster R2-D2
P.E. Reaper Geo 3
Infinity Legend
BL Insight http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4268897
TS4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:39 PM #10
OVIE
WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!
 
OVIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Britain, CT
OVIE plays in the APPA beginner division
Thats fine, I have cocker threaded barrels around. Im guessing dow33 lube? or are people running others? I also have a whole lot of the spyder/intimidatior detents so I should be fine!
OVIE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:52 PM #11
MstrKey
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SSM, Ontario, Canada
MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Sounds like you're good to go then.
__________________

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:09 AM #12
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball
 
griffan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Citrus Heights Ca
Annual Supporting Member
griffan2 is Legendary
magnalube is what you want to use. thats what Jack uses for all the guns and it used to come with the indy's. keep in mind you wont have to lube the rammer for..... well over a year but its always good to have if you play a semi auto format 4c eyes *victory style* help a tiny bit. acid customs makes new triggers for them but i love love love the stock trigger setup.
griffan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:14 AM #13
OVIE
WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!
 
OVIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Britain, CT
OVIE plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffan2 View Post
magnalube is what you want to use. thats what Jack uses for all the guns and it used to come with the indy's. keep in mind you wont have to lube the rammer for..... well over a year but its always good to have if you play a semi auto format 4c eyes *victory style* help a tiny bit. acid customs makes new triggers for them but i love love love the stock trigger setup.
Thanks for the information. I was already thinking about the 4c eye upgrade while I have the money to do it. Now im just waiting, for what I dont know. Just waiting.
OVIE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:23 PM #14
BigPumpPlayer
 
 
BigPumpPlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
BigPumpPlayer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I snagged up my purple with orange accents earlier this year, could not. E happier. Shoots lasers, surprisingly great efficiency, cool sound signature, fantastic stock board and literally best balance I have ever had in a gun. I shoot with a rotor, ninja dura 68/45 and I freaked the stock barrel so amazing accuracy. I sold my etek4 a month after I bought it. The two are total opposite approaches to markers. Similar design, but the etek focuses on the great case, parts kit, millings, brand name, ect... But shot quality is rough. Alien has case, basic though. No funky milling or extra bonuses but the feel and shot quality is stellar and at its price range I am shocked it is not more dominant at fields. I have never had somebody shoot mine and not. E shocked afterwards.
__________________
Antidote Twister LV1
Cobalt Valken Proton
CCM'd Dragon OC Pump
Phantom VSC Custom Pump
"I Fight YOU!!! Pew Pew!"
BigPumpPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:22 PM #15
themeacher12
"Turkey never beats cow"
 
themeacher12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
themeacher12 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
themeacher12 plays in the APPA beginner division
themeacher12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
When it was said the time to get one is dwindling down about how far are we from them no longer being available? Just curious bc I was also debating about picking one up in the coming months.
__________________
Winthrop University Paintball

Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity - Epsilon Eta
themeacher12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:06 PM #16
smokeage
Team Foxtrot
 
smokeage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Katy, Texas (Houston)
Quote:
Originally Posted by themeacher12 View Post
When it was said the time to get one is dwindling down about how far are we from them no longer being available? Just curious bc I was also debating about picking one up in the coming months.
Jack is a smaller operation and he really doesn't have the money sitting around to do multiple runs of different guns at one time so he kind of has to pick and choose what is produced. He stopped doing runs of the Independence when he came out with the Invasion and I assume the same will happen to the Invasion when he comes out with a new marker.

When will he come out with a new marker? I have no idea; he is keeping a tight lid on what he has planned but if you call him he is pretty up front about the fact that there IS something else being worked on. There was talk of a spool for a while but I don't think it turned out like he wanted it to and it got put on the back burner. I also heard rumors of a mil-sim marker and pump in his drawing book but Jack never confirmed those.

As for your concern of not being able to pick up an Invasion in a couple months, I wouldn't worry about it because Jack likes to take his time with his products and that's why we all buy them!
__________________
Team Foxtrot
United Front

Last edited by smokeage : 05-31-2013 at 06:09 PM.
smokeage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:08 PM #17
liverlip
 
 
liverlip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bronx
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I just ordered a new Alien Invasion. Should be here in the next week or so. I am considering the 4C eyes upgrade, but I am unfamiliar with them. Are these the right ones:

http://4cpaintball.com/product/bob-l...series-4-eyes/

Thanks for the help.
__________________
** If your parents can't pay for your paintball stuff because they are too old and their social security checks are used to fund their retirement, put this in your signature**

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:01 AM #18
smokeage
Team Foxtrot
 
smokeage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Katy, Texas (Houston)
Quote:
Originally Posted by liverlip View Post
I just ordered a new Alien Invasion. Should be here in the next week or so. I am considering the 4C eyes upgrade, but I am unfamiliar with them. Are these the right ones:

http://4cpaintball.com/product/bob-l...series-4-eyes/

Thanks for the help.
I think you want the Series 4 eyes for the Marq 6 and 7 but wait for someone else to come in here and confirm that.

Honestly, unless you don't need any other gear I wouldn't even consider the eyes yet. They aren't going to make your marker 'that' much better.

From the website: "4C is a patented System Enhancing Eye logic that enables paintball markers to obtain unprecedented rates of fire."

So unless you are shooting in Semi in a tournament or trying to max out the ROF in another mode, which no field in the world will actually let you use in a game, then there really isn't a real world use for them.

Just my opinion.
__________________
Team Foxtrot
United Front
smokeage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:37 PM #19
MstrKey
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SSM, Ontario, Canada
MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeage View Post
I think you want the Series 4 eyes for the Marq 6 and 7 but wait for someone else to come in here and confirm that.

Honestly, unless you don't need any other gear I wouldn't even consider the eyes yet. They aren't going to make your marker 'that' much better.

From the website: "4C is a patented System Enhancing Eye logic that enables paintball markers to obtain unprecedented rates of fire."

So unless you are shooting in Semi in a tournament or trying to max out the ROF in another mode, which no field in the world will actually let you use in a game, then there really isn't a real world use for them.

Just my opinion.
I agree 100%.
__________________

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:27 AM #20
liverlip
 
 
liverlip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bronx
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeage View Post
I think you want the Series 4 eyes for the Marq 6 and 7 but wait for someone else to come in here and confirm that.

Honestly, unless you don't need any other gear I wouldn't even consider the eyes yet. They aren't going to make your marker 'that' much better.

From the website: "4C is a patented System Enhancing Eye logic that enables paintball markers to obtain unprecedented rates of fire."

So unless you are shooting in Semi in a tournament or trying to max out the ROF in another mode, which no field in the world will actually let you use in a game, then there really isn't a real world use for them.

Just my opinion.

Thanks for the info. I am taking your advice (and Jack's). No 4C eyes for now.
__________________
** If your parents can't pay for your paintball stuff because they are too old and their social security checks are used to fund their retirement, put this in your signature**

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:38 PM #21
MstrKey
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SSM, Ontario, Canada
MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
I think they sold a lot of the 4C's back in the day when everything was semi.....since ramping took over nobody uses them.
__________________

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump