Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 04:34 PM #1
PalmDaddyy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Whats a estimate for paintball equipment

Paint, gun, pants, jersey, hopper, all that and more i need to now a general cost of getting paintball stuff
PalmDaddyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2013, 05:32 PM #2
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior
 
Paper_Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Annual Supporting Member
Absolute minimum? or decent starter gear?

When you first start, if you plan to deck yourself out, even with used stuff, it will cost about $500 give or take.


However, if you cut corners(just a mask, gun, tank, and hopper) you may be able to pull off $200

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 01-20-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:45 PM #3
peacob
 
 
peacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
best bet if you're on a serious budget is craigslist.... many people selling entire gear packages for dirt cheap.
__________________
LuxeMob
EgoMafia
peacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:17 PM #4
rexisme
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NWI *219*
Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
What they said, what are you going for?
__________________
NOBAMA

1/1 Factory Acid wash green splashed luxe... Cheap.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4281337
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:57 AM #5
TheOrangeGuy
Ready_Fire!_Aim
 
TheOrangeGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montgomery, IL
TheOrangeGuy supports Team VICIOUS
TheOrangeGuy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheOrangeGuy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Have you been paintballing before? I only ask because when you go to a field and get you retal for a day of play you kinda get a idea of what you want for personal gear. Do you like speedball or woodsball? A combo of both? Really a good starter pack (in my opinion) would be the following:

1) azodin blitz=160
2) halo too hopper=80
3) helix thermal lens mask=35
4) some old cloths that you can get paint all over=free

Total=275

P.s. I recommend the gun and hopper because there good products, not just because I own them.
__________________
GEAR
Empire Jersey and Pants
Empire E-Flex mask
Empire Axe and Azodin Blitz (back-up gun)
Ninja 68/4500 carbon fiber and 48/3000 tanks
Dye Rotor and Halo Too Hoopers
TheOrangeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:19 AM #6
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior
 
Paper_Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrangeGuy View Post
Have you been paintballing before? I only ask because when you go to a field and get you retal for a day of play you kinda get a idea of what you want for personal gear. Do you like speedball or woodsball? A combo of both? Really a good starter pack (in my opinion) would be the following:

1) azodin blitz=160
2) halo too hopper=80
3) helix thermal lens mask=35
4) some old cloths that you can get paint all over=free

Total=275

P.s. I recommend the gun and hopper because there good products, not just because I own them.
No, you should never go cheap on the mask. Also, he needs a tank doesn't he?
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:44 AM #7
TheOrangeGuy
Ready_Fire!_Aim
 
TheOrangeGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montgomery, IL
TheOrangeGuy supports Team VICIOUS
TheOrangeGuy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheOrangeGuy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post

No, you should never go cheap on the mask. Also, he needs a tank doesn't he?
I still have one of those masks. There really good for the price. A lot better then a rental mask.

My bad on the tank. Had a brain fart.

5) ninja 68/3000 Steal tank=50

New total=325
__________________
GEAR
Empire Jersey and Pants
Empire E-Flex mask
Empire Axe and Azodin Blitz (back-up gun)
Ninja 68/4500 carbon fiber and 48/3000 tanks
Dye Rotor and Halo Too Hoopers
TheOrangeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:02 PM #8
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior
 
Paper_Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrangeGuy View Post
I still have one of those masks. There really good for the price. A lot better then a rental mask.

My bad on the tank. Had a brain fart.

5) ninja 68/3000 Steal tank=50

New total=325
Technically, the tanks are aluminum, not steel.
Also, I don't see a ninja aluminum tank. And the empire AL tank is $40 as opposed to $50. A used AL tank would be even cheaper.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:29 PM #9
TheOrangeGuy
Ready_Fire!_Aim
 
TheOrangeGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montgomery, IL
TheOrangeGuy supports Team VICIOUS
TheOrangeGuy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheOrangeGuy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post

Technically, the tanks are aluminum, not steel.
Also, I don't see a ninja aluminum tank. And the empire AL tank is $40 as opposed to $50. A used AL tank would be even cheaper.
Here's a link to a ninja 48ci/3000: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001RQ...13&sr=8-1&vs=1

And I always go with ninja tanks, that's why I recommend them. They have quality regs and I've never had problems with them nor has anybody I play with. Everybody has there different tastes though.

What would be your recommendation for a starter kit?
__________________
GEAR
Empire Jersey and Pants
Empire E-Flex mask
Empire Axe and Azodin Blitz (back-up gun)
Ninja 68/4500 carbon fiber and 48/3000 tanks
Dye Rotor and Halo Too Hoopers
TheOrangeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:51 PM #10
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior
 
Paper_Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrangeGuy View Post
Here's a link to a ninja 48ci/3000: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001RQ...13&sr=8-1&vs=1

And I always go with ninja tanks, that's why I recommend them. They have quality regs and I've never had problems with them nor has anybody I play with. Everybody has there different tastes though.

What would be your recommendation for a starter kit?
I just think a ninja tank is a bit overkill for someone who is never going to use them. You're paying a bit more for an adjustable reg, well, if he is never going to use the adjustable reg, then why is he paying for it? Ninja regs are necessarily better at regulating output pressure, they are just adjustable. Though, I've been playing 8 years and at no point in time have I thought "I wish I could adjust the tank pressure" so I don't see why the ability to do it has swept the paintball world.

As for starter kits, I don't see anything inherently wrong with your list(other than the mask, if it was me I would get the proflex). He of course has the option of buying used, however, experience has taught that it is always best for your first gun to be new. New guns carry several advantages. Namely, they come with the manual, they have a warranty should he take the time to sign his name to the prepaid warranty card, and you know there isn't anything wrong with them out of the box. Buying a new one is hit or miss when it comes to whether the gun you're getting will function or not.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 01-22-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:57 PM #11
JamieG
 
 
JamieG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Palm Harbor, FL, USA
Here is the minimum in my opinion that will still allow you to take on the very best players if you are as skilled as they, and this is the order to buy them in. These are all used prices except for the hpa tank which is new. You can find this stuff like new, but at these used prices. Also these are prices I have paid or found recently while shopping for a friend.

Mask: Empire E-Vent mask $50
Hopper: Pinokio $50
HPA Tank: 68/3000 alluminum HPA tank $50
Marker: Smart Parts Vibe w/BH $80-$100

Total cost is going to be $250. You could get a cheaper used gun, but that is where you will start suffering. Losing features like eyes and an electric board is where it is going to start getting harder to stay competitive. You could also throw in an extra $30 or so and get something like a Dangerous Power G3 and be perfect.
__________________
---
Tampa Bay Player (Palm Harbor)
Marker: Etek 3 AM w/Virtue Redefined board w/Pinokio
Field: Warriors for Christ and Country fields
JamieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:59 PM #12
JamieG
 
 
JamieG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Palm Harbor, FL, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrangeGuy View Post
Here's a link to a ninja 48ci/3000: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001RQ...13&sr=8-1&vs=1

And I always go with ninja tanks, that's why I recommend them. They have quality regs and I've never had problems with them nor has anybody I play with. Everybody has there different tastes though.

What would be your recommendation for a starter kit?
I think the confusion between you to is that you said a "68/3000" tank, but then in your next post you gave a link for a 48/3000 tank.
__________________
---
Tampa Bay Player (Palm Harbor)
Marker: Etek 3 AM w/Virtue Redefined board w/Pinokio
Field: Warriors for Christ and Country fields
JamieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:11 PM #13
TheOrangeGuy
Ready_Fire!_Aim
 
TheOrangeGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montgomery, IL
TheOrangeGuy supports Team VICIOUS
TheOrangeGuy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheOrangeGuy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post

I just think a ninja tank is a bit overkill for someone who is never going to use them. You're paying a bit more for an adjustable reg, well, if he is never going to use the adjustable reg, then why is he paying for it? Ninja regs are necessarily better at regulating output pressure, they are just adjustable. Though, I've been playing 8 years and at no point in time have I thought "I wish I could adjust the tank pressure" so I don't see why the ability to do it has swept the paintball world.

As for starter kits, I don't see anything inherently wrong with your list(other than the mask, if it was me I would get the proflex). He of course has the option of buying used, however, experience has taught that it is always best for your first gun to be new. New guns carry several advantages. Namely, they come with the manual, they have a warranty should he take the time to sign his name to the prepaid warranty card, and you know there isn't anything wrong with them out of the box. Buying a new one is hit or miss when it comes to whether the gun you're getting will function or not.
I wasn't really choosing a ninja for a adjusting reg. it's was for the quality of the product. Plus ninja has a low, mid, and high output reg for whichever your gun needs. Then you have small adjustments from there to get it dialed in perfect.

As for the second paragraph, your spot on. The proflex would be a better option, and a nitb gun would be a great route. But make sure if your a new marker owner you read the manual! It's not like a child's toy manual, it has really useful and required information you need on the marker maintain, repair, and tune.
__________________
GEAR
Empire Jersey and Pants
Empire E-Flex mask
Empire Axe and Azodin Blitz (back-up gun)
Ninja 68/4500 carbon fiber and 48/3000 tanks
Dye Rotor and Halo Too Hoopers
TheOrangeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:15 PM #14
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior
 
Paper_Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
I think the confusion between you to is that you said a "68/3000" tank, but then in your next post you gave a link for a 48/3000 tank.
Most likely a slip-up. The most common tank is a 68/45(68 cubic inch internal volume with a max internal pressure of 4,500psi)
Most common reg is an 800psi output which is basically the industry norm and you're work-a-day tank. Some people who use ninja tanks claim that the ninja is slightly more efficient and you'll have more shots from 4,500psi to 1,000psi when using a lower output pressure tank.

A quick note on how tanks work: There are 3 variables
-Internal pressure: the maximum pressure the tank can hold, so a higher pressure tank will store more air in the same amount of space than a lower pressure tank. They normally come in 3,000psi and 4,500psi, don't bother looking, AL tanks don't come in 4,500psi

-Internal volume: this is the internal volume of the actual tank, length x width x height.

-Reg output: this varies from tank to tank. The little nozel on the end of the tank is actually a regulator that will only pressurize your gun to a certain PSI. Since most guns have a 2nd regulator in the foregrip, the output pressure mostly delegates the recharge speed of the foregrip regulator, higher the output pressure of the tank, the faster the gun can fire/cycle. However, for some reason lower output pressure tanks are more efficient until the last 1,000psi where both pretty much level off.
However, keep in mind the regulator doesn't control how fast the air comes out of the tank, if you fill the tank to 2,000psi the air will come out faster than if you only filled the tank to 1,000psi. The regulator controls what pressure the valve cuts off at. The pressure is in the hose that comes from where you screw in the tank on the gun(the ASA) to the regulator. Once the pressure inside that hose reaches the output pressure of the tank, the regulator closes the valve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrangeGuy View Post
I wasn't really choosing a ninja for a adjusting reg. it's was for the quality of the product. Plus ninja has a low, mid, and high output reg for whichever your gun needs. Then you have small adjustments from there to get it dialed in perfect.
Crossfire also makes a quality regulator, and it is significantly cheaper than the ninja tanks because it doesn't have that "dial in" output pressure like the ninja does. However, you can buy a low pressure spring for about $10 which will lower the output pressure to 400psi. However, I don't personally think you need an adjustable tank. Its nice to have, however, I wouldn't cut into your mask and paint funds to get it.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 01-22-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:20 PM #15
TheOrangeGuy
Ready_Fire!_Aim
 
TheOrangeGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montgomery, IL
TheOrangeGuy supports Team VICIOUS
TheOrangeGuy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheOrangeGuy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
I think the confusion between you to is that you said a "68/3000" tank, but then in your next post you gave a link for a 48/3000 tank.
Yep i fat fingered it, was on my phone posting. Big hands on a IPhone
__________________
GEAR
Empire Jersey and Pants
Empire E-Flex mask
Empire Axe and Azodin Blitz (back-up gun)
Ninja 68/4500 carbon fiber and 48/3000 tanks
Dye Rotor and Halo Too Hoopers
TheOrangeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:27 PM #16
TheOrangeGuy
Ready_Fire!_Aim
 
TheOrangeGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montgomery, IL
TheOrangeGuy supports Team VICIOUS
TheOrangeGuy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheOrangeGuy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
Most likely a slip-up. The most common tank is a 68/45(68 cubic inch internal volume with a max internal pressure of 4,500psi)
Most common reg is an 800psi output which is basically the industry norm and you're work-a-day tank. Some people who use ninja tanks claim that the ninja is slightly more efficient and you'll have more shots from 4,500psi to 1,000psi when using a lower output pressure tank.

A quick note on how tanks work: There are 3 variables
-Internal pressure: the maximum pressure the tank can hold, so a higher pressure tank will store more air in the same amount of space than a lower pressure tank. They normally come in 3,000psi and 4,500psi, don't bother looking, AL tanks don't come in 4,500psi

-Internal volume: this is the internal volume of the actual tank, length x width x height.

-Reg output: this varies from tank to tank. The little nozel on the end of the tank is actually a regulator that will only pressurize your gun to a certain PSI. Since most guns have a 2nd regulator in the foregrip, the output pressure mostly delegates the recharge speed of the foregrip regulator, higher the output pressure of the tank, the faster the gun can fire/cycle. However, for some reason lower output pressure tanks are more efficient until the last 1,000psi where both pretty much level off.
However, keep in mind the regulator doesn't control how fast the air comes out of the tank, if you fill the tank to 2,000psi the air will come out faster than if you only filled the tank to 1,000psi. The regulator controls what pressure the valve cuts off at. The pressure is in the hose that comes from where you screw in the tank on the gun(the ASA) to the regulator. Once the pressure inside that hose reaches the output pressure of the tank, the regulator closes the valve.


Crossfire also makes a quality regulator, and it is significantly cheaper than the ninja tanks because it doesn't have that "dial in" output pressure like the ninja does. However, you can buy a low pressure spring for about $10 which will lower the output pressure to 400psi. However, I don't personally think you need an adjustable tank. Its nice to have, however, I wouldn't cut into your mask and paint funds to get it.
I think we are over thinking this a little to much, haha. To end this, Go to your field see what kind of rentals they got and play with them. Talk to the techs or players at the field about there gear. Go to a Paintball store and ask questions, there usually pretty good guys at those stores and wont really pressure you into anything. After that make up your own damn mind!
__________________
GEAR
Empire Jersey and Pants
Empire E-Flex mask
Empire Axe and Azodin Blitz (back-up gun)
Ninja 68/4500 carbon fiber and 48/3000 tanks
Dye Rotor and Halo Too Hoopers
TheOrangeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:19 PM #17
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior
 
Paper_Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrangeGuy View Post
I think we are over thinking this a little to much, haha. To end this, Go to your field see what kind of rentals they got and play with them. Talk to the techs or players at the field about there gear. Go to a Paintball store and ask questions, there usually pretty good guys at those stores and wont really pressure you into anything. After that make up your own damn mind!
He didn't really ask which equipment he thought was best, he asked how much it would take to deck him out in the pretties dress at the ball, which I answered in the first reply and we haven't heard from him since.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:36 PM #18
TheOrangeGuy
Ready_Fire!_Aim
 
TheOrangeGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montgomery, IL
TheOrangeGuy supports Team VICIOUS
TheOrangeGuy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheOrangeGuy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Lol, good point. It's been you and me pretty much the whole thread going at it. Your pretty knowledgable.
__________________
GEAR
Empire Jersey and Pants
Empire E-Flex mask
Empire Axe and Azodin Blitz (back-up gun)
Ninja 68/4500 carbon fiber and 48/3000 tanks
Dye Rotor and Halo Too Hoopers
TheOrangeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:26 AM #19
rexisme
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NWI *219*
Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Whats your budget?!?

That is what everything depends on....
__________________
NOBAMA

1/1 Factory Acid wash green splashed luxe... Cheap.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4281337
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:52 PM #20
bostonkiter
 
 
bostonkiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Rent and save
bostonkiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:15 PM #21
Henchman
 
 
Henchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles
I dont understand why anybody would recommend rentals. Rental guns suck.

Personally, I would get:
Used Rotor. $100
New GOG Enmey $129 (Heard nothing but good things about it)
Used HPA tank $100
Used mask ?
4 pods and pod carrier.

Then to the the army surplus store and get:
Boots: $30
And some pants and a shirt.

You can always upgrade afterwards.
__________________
Henchmans Feedback
Henchman is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump