Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-20-2013, 04:34 PM #1
PalmDaddyy

Whats a estimate for paintball equipment

Paint, gun, pants, jersey, hopper, all that and more i need to now a general cost of getting paintball stuff
PalmDaddyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2013, 05:32 PM #2
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Absolute minimum? or decent starter gear?

When you first start, if you plan to deck yourself out, even with used stuff, it will cost about $500 give or take.

However, if you cut corners(just a mask, gun, tank, and hopper) you may be able to pull off $200

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 01-20-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:45 PM #3
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
best bet if you're on a serious budget is craigslist.... many people selling entire gear packages for dirt cheap.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:17 PM #4
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
What they said, what are you going for?

1/1 Factory Acid wash green splashed luxe... Cheap.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4281337
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:57 AM #5
TheOrangeGuy
Ready_Fire!_Aim

TheOrangeGuy supports Team VICIOUS
TheOrangeGuy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheOrangeGuy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Have you been paintballing before? I only ask because when you go to a field and get you retal for a day of play you kinda get a idea of what you want for personal gear. Do you like speedball or woodsball? A combo of both? Really a good starter pack (in my opinion) would be the following:

1) azodin blitz=160
2) halo too hopper=80
3) helix thermal lens mask=35
4) some old cloths that you can get paint all over=free

Total=275

P.s. I recommend the gun and hopper because there good products, not just because I own them.
Empire Axe and Azodin Blitz (back-up gun)
Ninja 68/4500 carbon fiber and 48/3000 tanks
Dye Rotor and Halo Too Hoopers
TheOrangeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:19 AM #6
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrangeGuy View Post
Have you been paintballing before? I only ask because when you go to a field and get you retal for a day of play you kinda get a idea of what you want for personal gear. Do you like speedball or woodsball? A combo of both? Really a good starter pack (in my opinion) would be the following:

1) azodin blitz=160
2) halo too hopper=80
3) helix thermal lens mask=35
4) some old cloths that you can get paint all over=free

Total=275

P.s. I recommend the gun and hopper because there good products, not just because I own them.
No, you should never go cheap on the mask. Also, he needs a tank doesn't he?
Old 01-22-2013, 11:44 AM #7
TheOrangeGuy
Ready_Fire!_Aim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post

No, you should never go cheap on the mask. Also, he needs a tank doesn't he?
I still have one of those masks. There really good for the price. A lot better then a rental mask.

My bad on the tank. Had a brain fart.

5) ninja 68/3000 Steal tank=50

New total=325
Old 01-22-2013, 12:02 PM #8
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I still have one of those masks. There really good for the price. A lot better then a rental mask.

My bad on the tank. Had a brain fart.

5) ninja 68/3000 Steal tank=50

New total=325
Technically, the tanks are aluminum, not steel.
Also, I don't see a ninja aluminum tank. And the empire AL tank is $40 as opposed to $50. A used AL tank would be even cheaper.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:29 PM #9
TheOrangeGuy
Ready_Fire!_Aim

Quote:

Technically, the tanks are aluminum, not steel.
Also, I don't see a ninja aluminum tank. And the empire AL tank is $40 as opposed to $50. A used AL tank would be even cheaper.
Here's a link to a ninja 48ci/3000: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001RQ...13&sr=8-1&vs=1

And I always go with ninja tanks, that's why I recommend them. They have quality regs and I've never had problems with them nor has anybody I play with. Everybody has there different tastes though.

What would be your recommendation for a starter kit?
Old 01-22-2013, 12:51 PM #10
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Here's a link to a ninja 48ci/3000: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001RQ...13&sr=8-1&vs=1

And I always go with ninja tanks, that's why I recommend them. They have quality regs and I've never had problems with them nor has anybody I play with. Everybody has there different tastes though.

I just think a ninja tank is a bit overkill for someone who is never going to use them. You're paying a bit more for an adjustable reg, well, if he is never going to use the adjustable reg, then why is he paying for it? Ninja regs are necessarily better at regulating output pressure, they are just adjustable. Though, I've been playing 8 years and at no point in time have I thought "I wish I could adjust the tank pressure" so I don't see why the ability to do it has swept the paintball world.

As for starter kits, I don't see anything inherently wrong with your list(other than the mask, if it was me I would get the proflex). He of course has the option of buying used, however, experience has taught that it is always best for your first gun to be new. New guns carry several advantages. Namely, they come with the manual, they have a warranty should he take the time to sign his name to the prepaid warranty card, and you know there isn't anything wrong with them out of the box. Buying a new one is hit or miss when it comes to whether the gun you're getting will function or not.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 01-22-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:57 PM #11
JamieG

Here is the minimum in my opinion that will still allow you to take on the very best players if you are as skilled as they, and this is the order to buy them in. These are all used prices except for the hpa tank which is new. You can find this stuff like new, but at these used prices. Also these are prices I have paid or found recently while shopping for a friend.

Mask: Empire E-Vent mask $50
Hopper: Pinokio $50
HPA Tank: 68/3000 alluminum HPA tank $50
Marker: Smart Parts Vibe w/BH $80-$100

Total cost is going to be $250. You could get a cheaper used gun, but that is where you will start suffering. Losing features like eyes and an electric board is where it is going to start getting harder to stay competitive. You could also throw in an extra $30 or so and get something like a Dangerous Power G3 and be perfect.
Field: Warriors for Christ and Country fields
JamieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:59 PM #12
JamieG

Quote:

I think the confusion between you to is that you said a "68/3000" tank, but then in your next post you gave a link for a 48/3000 tank.
Field: Warriors for Christ and Country fields
JamieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:11 PM #13
TheOrangeGuy
Ready_Fire!_Aim

Quote:

I just think a ninja tank is a bit overkill for someone who is never going to use them. You're paying a bit more for an adjustable reg, well, if he is never going to use the adjustable reg, then why is he paying for it? Ninja regs are necessarily better at regulating output pressure, they are just adjustable. Though, I've been playing 8 years and at no point in time have I thought "I wish I could adjust the tank pressure" so I don't see why the ability to do it has swept the paintball world.

As for starter kits, I don't see anything inherently wrong with your list(other than the mask, if it was me I would get the proflex). He of course has the option of buying used, however, experience has taught that it is always best for your first gun to be new. New guns carry several advantages. Namely, they come with the manual, they have a warranty should he take the time to sign his name to the prepaid warranty card, and you know there isn't anything wrong with them out of the box. Buying a new one is hit or miss when it comes to whether the gun you're getting will function or not.
I wasn't really choosing a ninja for a adjusting reg. it's was for the quality of the product. Plus ninja has a low, mid, and high output reg for whichever your gun needs. Then you have small adjustments from there to get it dialed in perfect.

As for the second paragraph, your spot on. The proflex would be a better option, and a nitb gun would be a great route. But make sure if your a new marker owner you read the manual! It's not like a child's toy manual, it has really useful and required information you need on the marker maintain, repair, and tune.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:15 PM #14
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
I think the confusion between you to is that you said a "68/3000" tank, but then in your next post you gave a link for a 48/3000 tank.
Most likely a slip-up. The most common tank is a 68/45(68 cubic inch internal volume with a max internal pressure of 4,500psi)
Most common reg is an 800psi output which is basically the industry norm and you're work-a-day tank. Some people who use ninja tanks claim that the ninja is slightly more efficient and you'll have more shots from 4,500psi to 1,000psi when using a lower output pressure tank.

A quick note on how tanks work: There are 3 variables
-Internal pressure: the maximum pressure the tank can hold, so a higher pressure tank will store more air in the same amount of space than a lower pressure tank. They normally come in 3,000psi and 4,500psi, don't bother looking, AL tanks don't come in 4,500psi

-Internal volume: this is the internal volume of the actual tank, length x width x height.

-Reg output: this varies from tank to tank. The little nozel on the end of the tank is actually a regulator that will only pressurize your gun to a certain PSI. Since most guns have a 2nd regulator in the foregrip, the output pressure mostly delegates the recharge speed of the foregrip regulator, higher the output pressure of the tank, the faster the gun can fire/cycle. However, for some reason lower output pressure tanks are more efficient until the last 1,000psi where both pretty much level off.
However, keep in mind the regulator doesn't control how fast the air comes out of the tank, if you fill the tank to 2,000psi the air will come out faster than if you only filled the tank to 1,000psi. The regulator controls what pressure the valve cuts off at. The pressure is in the hose that comes from where you screw in the tank on the gun(the ASA) to the regulator. Once the pressure inside that hose reaches the output pressure of the tank, the regulator closes the valve.

Quote:
I wasn't really choosing a ninja for a adjusting reg. it's was for the quality of the product. Plus ninja has a low, mid, and high output reg for whichever your gun needs. Then you have small adjustments from there to get it dialed in perfect.
Crossfire also makes a quality regulator, and it is significantly cheaper than the ninja tanks because it doesn't have that "dial in" output pressure like the ninja does. However, you can buy a low pressure spring for about $10 which will lower the output pressure to 400psi. However, I don't personally think you need an adjustable tank. Its nice to have, however, I wouldn't cut into your mask and paint funds to get it.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 01-22-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:20 PM #15
TheOrangeGuy
Ready_Fire!_Aim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
Yep i fat fingered it, was on my phone posting. Big hands on a IPhone
Old 01-22-2013, 01:27 PM #16
TheOrangeGuy
Ready_Fire!_Aim

Quote:
Most likely a slip-up. The most common tank is a 68/45(68 cubic inch internal volume with a max internal pressure of 4,500psi)
Most common reg is an 800psi output which is basically the industry norm and you're work-a-day tank. Some people who use ninja tanks claim that the ninja is slightly more efficient and you'll have more shots from 4,500psi to 1,000psi when using a lower output pressure tank.

A quick note on how tanks work: There are 3 variables
-Internal pressure: the maximum pressure the tank can hold, so a higher pressure tank will store more air in the same amount of space than a lower pressure tank. They normally come in 3,000psi and 4,500psi, don't bother looking, AL tanks don't come in 4,500psi

-Internal volume: this is the internal volume of the actual tank, length x width x height.

-Reg output: this varies from tank to tank. The little nozel on the end of the tank is actually a regulator that will only pressurize your gun to a certain PSI. Since most guns have a 2nd regulator in the foregrip, the output pressure mostly delegates the recharge speed of the foregrip regulator, higher the output pressure of the tank, the faster the gun can fire/cycle. However, for some reason lower output pressure tanks are more efficient until the last 1,000psi where both pretty much level off.
However, keep in mind the regulator doesn't control how fast the air comes out of the tank, if you fill the tank to 2,000psi the air will come out faster than if you only filled the tank to 1,000psi. The regulator controls what pressure the valve cuts off at. The pressure is in the hose that comes from where you screw in the tank on the gun(the ASA) to the regulator. Once the pressure inside that hose reaches the output pressure of the tank, the regulator closes the valve.

Crossfire also makes a quality regulator, and it is significantly cheaper than the ninja tanks because it doesn't have that "dial in" output pressure like the ninja does. However, you can buy a low pressure spring for about $10 which will lower the output pressure to 400psi. However, I don't personally think you need an adjustable tank. Its nice to have, however, I wouldn't cut into your mask and paint funds to get it.
I think we are over thinking this a little to much, haha. To end this, Go to your field see what kind of rentals they got and play with them. Talk to the techs or players at the field about there gear. Go to a Paintball store and ask questions, there usually pretty good guys at those stores and wont really pressure you into anything. After that make up your own damn mind!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:19 PM #17
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I think we are over thinking this a little to much, haha. To end this, Go to your field see what kind of rentals they got and play with them. Talk to the techs or players at the field about there gear. Go to a Paintball store and ask questions, there usually pretty good guys at those stores and wont really pressure you into anything. After that make up your own damn mind!
He didn't really ask which equipment he thought was best, he asked how much it would take to deck him out in the pretties dress at the ball, which I answered in the first reply and we haven't heard from him since.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:36 PM #18
TheOrangeGuy
Ready_Fire!_Aim

Lol, good point. It's been you and me pretty much the whole thread going at it. Your pretty knowledgable.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:26 AM #19
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Whats your budget?!?

That is what everything depends on....

1/1 Factory Acid wash green splashed luxe... Cheap.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4281337
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:52 PM #20
bostonkiter

Rent and save
bostonkiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:15 PM #21
Henchman

I dont understand why anybody would recommend rentals. Rental guns suck.

Personally, I would get:
Used Rotor. $100
New GOG Enmey $129 (Heard nothing but good things about it)
Used HPA tank $100
Used mask ?
4 pods and pod carrier.

Then to the the army surplus store and get:
Boots: $30
And some pants and a shirt.

You can always upgrade afterwards.