Annual Supporting Member
B*rock is a Supporting Member
B*rock is a founding member
B*rock is a Professional paintball player
B*rock donated to help Peyton Trent
B*rock supports Team VICIOUS
B*rock supports our troops
2013 demon first impessions

I borrowed a demon from a friend last Saturday. When I went to crono I cleared a few shots into the ground, I assumed based on sound signature and kick of the gun I was shooting under 200 fps. I was shocked to see my first shot was 285. I haven't shot a gun this smooth and quiet since my old shochteck matrix. Ive played with every major gun over the last 10 years. I'm not sure when I've had more fun playing a day of paintball with a gun. Not only because the gun shot amazing, but from the reaction of others. I had at least 10 people ask to shoot it just because it was so quiet. I hope vanguard gets everything they need to take this gun to the next level.
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2013, 07:07 PM #2
juggernaught_lives
Mowing Fools Since 1987

juggernaught_lives plays in the PSP
juggernaught_lives is for the Gunfight
I'm glad a Demon found it's way into your hands and better yet that you hand an enjoyable time with it. They truly are the Sleeper Markers of today. Quite a few people are impressed when they take it for a twirl. The shot signature and the almost non-existent recoil make for a comfortable marker in hand and won't make you deaf.

It takes all of us players who own these intriguing markers to provide true feedback on performance, efficiency, accuracy and maintenance back to Vanguard so that the next level can be reached. Looks can always be added to the mix after everything else has been achieved.

So far Frank and his Vanguard Crew are listening. 3 piece can for easy maintenance, got rid of the QEV which cause complication for the mechanically inclined users and sprung it to eliminate FSDO. There is still more to come. They are also ironing out the previous owners wrinkles in CS and PR.

I'm a firm believer in Function over Fashion. I can give a **** what it looks like, if I can hit where I aim with just instinct then that's the Marker for me. I'll worry about the pretty afterwards.
Dye i4 LENSES and MASK BAGS F/S/T
Disruptive Custom Anodized Full Barrel Kit with 15" Carbon Fiber Tip and Barrel Case
juggernaught_lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:45 PM #3
ElCoronel

ElCoronel is for the Gunfight
ElCoronel is for the Gunfight
ElCoronel plays in the APPA D4 division
I'd say this is one of the best looking markers out there but I'm a fan of clean lines. I am NOT a fan of the busy crap Dye is putting out these days. And I while Luxes and Geos don't look bad, I still prefer the Demon.

Shooting stance with it is very natural as well.

I'd tell Frank/Vanguard there's no reason to chase after other marker designs, just keeping improving it while maintaining that clean, stable look/feel.
ElCoronel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:40 PM #4
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends VII
Hmm loving the reviews.. Might just have to look into getting a few of these.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:11 AM #5
Nikilwig
Double Up

Nikilwig plays in the PSP
Nikilwig is for the Gunfight
Nikilwig is for the Gunfight
I had the exact same thing happen to me the first time I shot a Demon. I was sure it was shooting like 190fps in the chrono, but when I looked down I was shooting ~290.

Have you shot a Vangaurd Demon yet?
Vanguard Demon | NXE | GI SPORTZ | Ninja Paintball | Warzone Paintball | Shadow Barrels | RAZA
Nikilwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:27 AM #6
Chris Hazard
Canadian Honey Badger

Chris Hazard is playing at Living Legends V
Chris Hazard is playing at Living Legends VI
Chris Hazard is for the Gunfight
Chris Hazard is for the Gunfight
<3 my demon.. its almost cheating how quiet it is
Chris Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:16 PM #7
eracism

LOVE my demon! My 2012 has the new internals but can't wait to get a 2013 anyways! Vanguard has great service and quick responses for ANY and ALL questions!

KW Factory
eracism is offline   Reply With Quote