PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-20-2013, 02:57 PM #1
comple

Annual Supporting Member
comple supports DLX Technology
Scammed by PEKid (Pedro Cueto of Mamaroneck, NY) [Banned]

On January 9th, 2013 PEKid PM'd me on here about a custom 1 of 1 factory luxe 2.0 I had for sale and we discussed it briefly in PM before he asked for my phone # and we discussed it throughout that day via text messages. Throughout the day he ended up asking if I had any other guns for sale with which I responded I had another luxe 2.0 for sale. We bartered back and forth and agreed on a price that worked for both of us. His only requirements were the gun had to be there that Saturday and that I needed to not use signature confirmation since he would be at work and could not be there to sign for it that day. I shipped the next morning on the way to work and relayed the confirmation information, and 2 days later USPS shows it was delivered as shown here:

However, this Wednesday he mentioned he still had not received the items and that he was trying to communicate with USPS. Today he escalated this to a paypal dispute locking the money in my paypal and he still says he does not have the gun. I'm filing this as a protection to myself and to anyone else who may be looking to deal with him as I'm afraid he's already received the guns and is trying to get his money back as well.

Buyer's Information:

Pedro Cueto
604 Tompkins Ave, Apt E17
Mamaroneck, NY 10543

#914-356-0569

I'm hoping it's just a misunderstanding with his post office and his apartment complex and that it can be solved but was advised to proceed with this regardless by admins.

Our conversations, including him demanding I not use signature delivery:

Detroit Impulse #28

Last edited by comple : 01-20-2013 at 03:02 PM.
comple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2013, 03:05 PM #2
comple

Annual Supporting Member

Detroit Impulse #28
Old 01-20-2013, 03:08 PM #3
comple

Annual Supporting Member

Detroit Impulse #28
Old 01-20-2013, 03:23 PM #4
mini ben

Annual Supporting Member
mini ben plays in the PSP
mini ben plays in the MiLP
mini ben donated to help Peyton Trent
mini ben plays in the APPA D2 division
mini ben is Legendary
mini ben is Boss
You must use signature confirmation if you receive over $250 through paypal. It seems like he is trying to say he never received it and had a good chance of winning the dispute because you didn't get signature confirmation. I would send these pictures to paypal, so hopefully it will help with the dispute even though you used delivery confirmation.
mini ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:27 PM #5
AngelCasey
The rippin and a tearin'

AngelCasey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hopefully its nothing.. A mix up somewhere.

BUT.. To play devils advocate, The him saying multiple times NOT to get a signature.. seems a little fishy. (I understand his reason if that's REALLY his reason.) Either way, I don't see it your problem. You did what was asked. You bought insurance right? Just in case?
Old 01-20-2013, 03:33 PM #6
AngelCasey
The rippin and a tearin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini ben View Post
You must use signature confirmation if you receive over $250 through paypal. It seems like he is trying to say he never received it and had a good chance of winning the dispute because you didn't get signature confirmation. I would send these pictures to paypal, so hopefully it will help with the dispute even though you used delivery confirmation.
Good to know. I'm sure there's a ton of people (Myself included) who didn't know that.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:33 PM #7
comple

Annual Supporting Member
No, I didn't have insurance on it either unfortunately, normally I put it up to the buyer if they'd like insurance. I didn't read it as being fishy just because I work during the day and signature delivery delays me from getting guns 1-2 days so figured it was the same. I normally use signature delivery and delivery confirmation both.

Detroit Impulse #28
Old 01-20-2013, 03:39 PM #8
AngelCasey
The rippin and a tearin'

Dude.. OMG. There's a chance this may turn out very very bad for you. Both of those things were your red flags and you ignored both?... insurance isn't on the buyer.. insurance is on you the seller. To ensure the buyer gets what they paid for. That's a lot of money if you get scammed and its gunna be double if PayPal sides with him..
Old 01-20-2013, 03:41 PM #9
mini ben

Annual Supporting Member
mini ben plays in the PSP
mini ben plays in the MiLP
mini ben donated to help Peyton Trent
mini ben plays in the APPA D2 division
mini ben is Legendary
mini ben is Boss
And as of now paypal will side with him because you did not use signature confirmation. Hopefully they will listen to you if you show them the text messages he sent
mini ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:42 PM #10
comple

Annual Supporting Member
Trust me, I understand the bad situation I'm in. Hopefully PayPal isn't that clueless.

Detroit Impulse #28
Old 01-20-2013, 04:04 PM #11
ScottyJoe
Gt35r - Whats turbo lag?

Annual Supporting Member
ScottyJoe plays in the PSP
ScottyJoe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ScottyJoe owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ScottyJoe plays in the APPA D4 division
ScottyJoe supports DLX Technology
ScottyJoe owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Anyone live near this guy?? This is when the pb community should step in

LOTS OF GUNS FOR SALE
ScottyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:46 PM #12
mwcoletta

As others have said you might be out of luck here, even with those text messages showing him asking you not to use Sig. Confirmation.

If you had a text from him saying "I got the gun it works great" etc. then you MIGHT be able to convince PayPal he received the item but even then, without Sig. Confirmation they might side with the buyer in the dispute because of their policy.

I've seen cases on Ebay where Buyers left positive feedback saying they received the item and it was great and then later opened Item Not Received disputes and won because the person didn't use Delivery Confirmation.

PayPal's policy is very clear that in order to be protected you must use Sig. Confirmation on items valued at $250+.

Maybe one of the Mods should add a sticky to the top of B/S/T informing people of this policy if it isn't already there?

Good luck on this, hopefully s/he is honest and things work out.
mwcoletta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:49 PM #13
AngelCasey
The rippin and a tearin'

I'll let Philly Steve come in and drop it like its hot, but with a little research I've found him to be a junior in high school. While working at 17 isn't all that unrealistic, what kind of kid wouldn't rush home as fast as they could to get their package? Also no mention of school.. only work. His football statistics are all over Google. I know he goes to school. I suppose it MAY be feasible to say he goes immediately from school to work.. but I doubt it.

Why would somebody leave a $2300 package sitting on a doorstep? Maybe this is where the claim comes in...

Maybe nothing. And I hope its not. However know that you're dealing with a teenager. (A very loaded teenager, who days before just bought another luxe with tank and Hopper)
Old 01-20-2013, 05:52 PM #14
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

phillysteve is a Moderator
phillysteve is Legendary
phillysteve supports DLX Technology
Sorry - preoccupied this weekend with the holiday. Been at my girlfriends house all weekend. I may not have a second to look into this until Wednesday depending on how things go. Hope others step in and help here.

I did a quick look around and I see nothing on this guy scamming before. There have been no scam reports on this website even for his city. His phone number has never been on these forums, his name shows up nowhere as a scammer.

I have a feeling this is just what happens when you ship somewhere without a signature, to an apartment, with no insurance.
Apartment complexes have a general mail area. When a box comes for a person that doesn't fit in a slot it sits on the floor... that means everybody in the complex has an opportunity to take that package.

UPDATE: I don't like the fact that this guy was offline for nearly a year before this trade with you. I also don't like that his cell phone number changed in that span. It could all be coincidental but his name does seem legit. I am going to dig some.

Weird update: I noticed he created this thread a few years ago www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3342770 selling a marker and he received an offer from a guy named noonagon. noonagon left feedback saying they traded giving them both +1 positive. If you look at the picture of the marker that PEkid posted you'll notice the picture is actually posted from noonagon's photobucket account.... I have a feeling this was feedback fraud and a moderator should look into it.
GLOCK 19

Last edited by phillysteve : 01-20-2013 at 06:51 PM.
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:57 PM #15
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

phillysteve is Legendary
REMOVE: he bought another luxe. I tracked the guy down and confirmed it was his luxe that he was talking about not the OPs.
GLOCK 19

Last edited by phillysteve : 01-20-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:05 PM #16
comple

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysteve View Post
I also find it weird that a day after the package was delivered to him he made this thread.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3919834

Does that sound like your luxe? Why would he buy a luxe 2.0 if he already had a luxe 2.0? Something really fishy about this guy. I mean he already has a luxe 2.0 and bought two more luxes? That doesn't make sense at all. I am starting to believe this guy a is a scammer. It's all well and good if you want to buy them and try and re-sell them but he even over-paid for the luxes. You can get those same luxes for less money. The good old saying of if it is too good to be true, then it's not true.

Nah doesn't sound like either of mine. Nah, can't get the splash one I gave up for cheaper, factory 1 of 1 scheme isn't your standard $950-1100 luxe 2.0. Yea he posted that up 4 days after buying mine though so it's possible he tweaked settings then messed one up idk.

He adds the apartment number at 1AM on January 10th in a text

Detroit Impulse #28

Last edited by comple : 01-20-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:20 PM #17
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

phillysteve is Legendary
Turns out the luxe with the issue was another guys who sold him his luxe also. I don't like how this guy got 3 luxes sent to his house at the same time but there is nothing illegal about it.
GLOCK 19

Last edited by phillysteve : 01-20-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:59 PM #18
AngelCasey
The rippin and a tearin'

Steve I'll pm you. Got some more details that came from the previous deal that make this even more sketchy. (The luxe he just bought.) Trying to keep the other dude out of it. I'm 100% sure he's legit.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:20 PM #19
Ken448
Meow

Ken448 is a Supporting Member
Ken448 posts videos on PbNation
Ken448 supports Empire
sub'd for updates. Hoping all goes well for my pal!
Ken448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:29 PM #20
Kornbred
Mustache Mike

Kornbred supports DLX Technology
Kornbred owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
First off, I completely feel for you comple and I am sorry you have to go through this!

I just completed a deal with PEkid on 1-9-13 also and my deal went good. I was looking through your text messages and they almost identically mirror the text messages on my phone.

I too refused to buy any shipping label prior to receiving the money for the gun, but I also refused to ship without insurance and signature confirmation. PEkid asked me to ship without any signature needed because it would be left in an area of his apartment lobby.

I told him this would go one of two ways, I don't ship at all without insurance and signature confirmation and our deal is dead or he assumes all liability for the package and he needed to send me a text stating " I (full name) want you to ship my Luxe 2.0 without insurance and signature confirmation and I assume all liability if the package does not reach me." He didn't want to do that.

I told him to find a friend, family, or neighbor to accept the shippment because I would not ship without insurance of signature confirmation and he did find someone.

My deal for my Pooty Luxe was made on 1-9-13, shipped express on 1-10-13, received 1-12-13.

My deal went smoothly and I ended up selling him additional items (tank, mask, rotor) after I sold him my Pooty Luxe.

I hope this all gets straightened out for the both of you.

To anyone else that reads this thread. If you sell of gun, factor in three things in your price. PayPal fees, INSURANCE, and SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION. To many times I see threads from sellers, "If you want insurance, you pay for it." Protect yourself as a seller and spend the $15 for insurance.

I always video the gun working before packaging with an atomic watch as a timestamp, photo the box with the address, and track the package.
Kornbred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:31 PM #21
Kornbred
Mustache Mike

Kornbred supports DLX Technology
Kornbred owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysteve View Post
Turns out the luxe with the issue was another guys who sold him his luxe also. I don't like how this guy got 3 luxes sent to his house at the same time but there is nothing illegal about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelCasey View Post
Steve I'll pm you. Got some more details that came from the previous deal that make this even more sketchy. (The luxe he just bought.) Trying to keep the other dude out of it. I'm 100% sure he's legit.
I am sure you may be referring to PEkid buying the Pooty Luxe I had sold him. Appears to have been the exact same time as this deal. I just posted to this thread with the details of my transaction.
Kornbred is offline   Reply With Quote