Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-20-2013, 02:14 PM #1
decour49

CFOA 3-man Rules

hey guys wanted to start this thread becuase I did not see the latest rules on the site and have a specific question.

In a 3 man game, only one player left on the field, who runs down, pulls the flag and the hang. Ref checks him and he has paint on his pod. Team gets a dirty hang.

What happens to the pull? Does this become zero points. or does he get 5 points for being last man standing and points for the pull, or does he get the points for the pull minus points for a dirty pull if there is such a thing.

very confusing. I am guessing he gets points for the pull and points for being alive as he was never called out.
decour49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2013, 03:58 PM #2
PBRefalot

Just spoke to Tyler and this really boils down to the dirty hang. Anything before that counts. Theres nothing specific in the rules for this becuase ultimately the guy should have been pulled before the flag pull. However, if the ref or head ref missed it, the pull is good, you can't take those points away. Same as if the time ran out before he got the hang. He would still get the pull. Ref can't go back and say, oh by the way you were dead before you pulled the flag.
Now the check at the end of hang, the player is considered dead and we have a dirty hang, and this is also a 1 for 1. But considering he was the lone player zero points for players alive, but he gets the pull.

The only question you have to ask yourself "is there a dirty pull"? And the answer is No. No such thing. Your either dead before the pull or your alive after the pull regardless if theres no one on the field to shoot him. This is an easy case because all refs eyes would be on the only player left and would see a obvious hit. If it not an obvious hit, like his shoe, or in between a pod pack sleeve, (places a player would not feel a hit) then its a freebee.

Heres another example I ran into 3 years ago. 3 players alive, one pulls the flag. He notices he has paint on him and hands it to another team mate who hangs the flag. Do we have a dirty pull and clean hang? No we dont. We have a pull and a hang.
Upon checking the players after the hang, two had shots on their pod backs, but the guy who hanged the flag was clean. What happens then. We have a penalty, 1 for 1, no hang, no players alive, but they got the flag pull.
Not sure why theres not more flag pulls, hence why the rules have never been altered for a dirty pull.
No figure.

Last edited by PBRefalot : 01-20-2013 at 04:02 PM. Reason: forgot
PBRefalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:40 AM #3
simple_condolences
Zach Traylor

simple_condolences owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
simple_condolences supports Team VICIOUS
simple_condolences plays in the APPA D4 division
simple_condolences has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Generally, with a dirty hang, you get the pull. You do not get the hang, and your player is eliminated. Usually how I've always seen it called and called it myself.

On the other hand, that is assuming the hit is considered obvious or not as well. If an obvious hit, a penalty may be assessed at the referee's discretion.
simple_condolences is offline   Reply With Quote