PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-04-2013, 04:02 AM #64
crisscross1993

A few things I think could show up more in the future for better or worse

Ultra Ever Dry
(its some stuff you can apply to anything that makes water and oil slip right of)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=IPM8OR6W6WE#!

accutact angle sight
(it uses a prism you set it up behind your iron sights scopes red dot etc and it allows you to see and shoot around corners)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhVWpxada5E

more first strike copies driving the prices down and eventually the price being lowered enough that people can just go full auto mag fed without worrying about the price i think i heard paintballs used to cost 30 cents each so i don't see why they couldn't get them down to about 5 to 10 cents each

first strike drum mags

a working first strike capable q loader

alternative first strike calibers 43cal 50cal 250cal-i wish

maybe heads up displays in the mask

hopefully none water soluble paintballs start becoming more common

more bull-pup markers

more alternatives to first strikes having thinner longer projectiles more similar to a real rifle round would increase mag fed capcilty and overall accuracy plus hammerhead would finally be able to justify selling rifled barrels

smaller Co2 and HPA tanks would be nice for pump players or people that want to use there marker like a pistol

instantly steaming helmet and gun cams to the safe zone would be cool as entertainment i don't know of anywhere that does this yet

better box mags

and if valken ever gets around to it the backpack loader

Last edited by crisscross1993 : 04-04-2013 at 05:01 AM.
crisscross1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2013, 07:55 AM #65
poomanchew
coming in hot

poomanchew owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
poomanchew posts videos on PbNation
Well perhaps a gun that uses no air or paint that has a toaster a personal injury lawyer and sprays money. But seriously the op wants cheaper everything yet the price of paint seems to have stayed the same through a tough economy. Think about everything else going up yet I have paid between 40-55 a case for close to 10 years now. Materials and shipping have not stayed the same so why is paint the same? I think everything is well priced the younger jobless kids start out with low end guns and work their way up like everyone else that's how it is suppose to work.
AC:417
G.I. Kick'n Planet Eclipse Yip!
AC:402.com
poomanchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:57 AM #66
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Why can't we just sit back and enjoy the things we already have?
steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:53 AM #67
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
They Call Me Rain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
They Call Me Rain supports Team VICIOUS
They Call Me Rain is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
They Call Me Rain is Legendary
They Call Me Rain is Boss
They Call Me Rain supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1993 View Post
A few things I think could show up more in the future for better or worse

Ultra Ever Dry
(its some stuff you can apply to anything that makes water and oil slip right of)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=IPM8OR6W6WE#!
So people can cheat harder, great idea . Besides, why would you want to put this on your SKIN if even your marker?! When you get down into nano-particles and stuff it's debatable, but do you REALLY want this on you or on something you touch/wipe your face with or something?! D:
accutact angle sight
(it uses a prism you set it up behind your iron sights scopes red dot etc and it allows you to see and shoot around corners)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhVWpxada5E
Didn't the IDF or someone already make this for the military?
more first strike copies driving the prices down and eventually the price being lowered enough that people can just go full auto mag fed without worrying about the price i think i heard paintballs used to cost 30 cents each so i don't see why they couldn't get them down to about 5 to 10 cents each
First strikes are more expensive to produce, that's why I'm assuming no one wants to risk making them.
first strike drum mags
Pointless; these drum mags would hold next to nothing if you used regular first strike rounds; the spring tension would make soup in your mag if there was a lot of paint. Maybe aesthetically, a drum mag would look cool-ish...
a working first strike capable q loader
People still use q-loaders? lol. Haven't seen one in ages.
alternative first strike calibers 43cal 50cal 250cal-i wish
Great, but you're missing something. The chambers of the paintball markers traditionally (more commonly) used are designed to chamber .68 caliber paintballs. If you wanted to chamber smaller rounds you would need to produce adapters like (for example) Eclipse did, and that was $150. Now tell me exactly, how many people bought that adapter kit. I looked for the longest time, I think that the only found that adapter ONCE, used. Then, when you get into .250 caliber paintballs (are you serious? Empire was joking about .250 cal paintballs hahahaha. Wasn't T. Martinez in that commercial? How could it be serious ) you then need a NEW paintball marker to shoot them. They WON'T fit in traditional .68 caliber paintball markers.
maybe heads up displays in the mask
Some guy said this earlier; the military is just getting the expensive basics to this stuff down. Why would we get anything splendorous lol. Besides, what you can do, I think, is grab a newer GoPro and update it and connect if via bluetooth to an iDevice or something and stream the video. It's gonna kill your battery but you can see what's happening I guess.
hopefully none water soluble paintballs start becoming more common
Non-water soluble?! Either I need more sleep or I'm crazy, but doesn't that mean that it can't be washed out with water? Worst post by far 0/10 would not recommend to a friend.
more bull-pup markers
Why is that? What purpose does a bull-pup marker do for you? Are you going for something lighter than a traditional mag-fed marker, better looks, or what?
more alternatives to first strikes having thinner longer projectiles more similar to a real rifle round would increase mag fed capcilty and overall accuracy plus hammerhead would finally be able to justify selling rifled barrels
I don't know if you know this, but paintball isn't too big of a sport. The technology that we see released is wonderful, yes, but until they can justify making things that are cost efficient they just can't. As of right now, first strikes are expensive. Why would making different types of first strikes help the market any more? lol
smaller Co2 and HPA tanks would be nice for pump players or people that want to use there marker like a pistol
http://www.ansgear.com/Ninja_Aluminum_Air_Tank_w_Adjustable_Reg_13_3000_p/ninjatank-13.htm

Is that not small enough? lol

instantly steaming helmet and gun cams to the safe zone would be cool as entertainment i don't know of anywhere that does this yet
n-no-one.. It's impractical and expensive...
better box mags
Well what do people use box-mags for in paintball? Opening up soup kitchens on the field?
and if valken ever gets around to it the backpack loader
Yeah not sure what happened to this. They probably realized no body would really buy this or they were trying to overcome a few problem such as kinks in the line, not feeding paint, soup maker, constant jamming and probably weight...
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
Yeah right? lol
Old 04-04-2013, 07:37 PM #68
crisscross1993

I did say for better or worse
-----
Well you can buy them now but I haven't heard of any paintballer that has
-----
no its issues with copyright
-----
a company is already making a first strike drum mag it is to hold 100 first strikes and I don't think the paint breaking would be much of a problem first strikes aren't very brittle
-----
I said a q loader that could load first strikes someone made a prototype but he couldn't get it to reliably work
-----
250cal was a joke
I meant for pistols that already use them like you can now mod a TPX to fire first strikes so it would be for the RAP 4 and Chaser Eraser pistols
-----
well this is a thread about future technologies eventually these kinds of features will be available in paintball ammo count compass maybe some info on where your team is and how many of you are left gun cams and the ability to see through a team mates camera range finder those things could probably be done now
-----
I meant for the shell to not be effected bye water not the paint
-----
both
-----
why not
-----
not if you wanted your use your marker like a pistol or with a small compact pump marker im meaning small round ones more similar in capcility to a Co2 sparklet or with the same capcility to the 13CI one but more circular also some small fiber wrapped small tanks would be nice
-----
it wont always be though
-----
that's why I said better ones
-----
yeah they haven't given any updated on it for a while
Old 04-04-2013, 08:37 PM #69
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3s0h0rn7 View Post
Wrong, for the right reasons.

What's next in paintball technology? Learning how to use it.
The best upgrade for an EGO is a new owner ~
Quote:
I did say for better or worse
-----
Well you can buy them now but I haven't heard of any paintballer that has
-----
no its issues with copyright
-----
a company is already making a first strike drum mag it is to hold 100 first strikes and I don't think the paint breaking would be much of a problem first strikes aren't very brittle
-----
I said a q loader that could load first strikes someone made a prototype but he couldn't get it to reliably work
-----
250cal was a joke
I meant for pistols that already use them like you can now mod a TPX to fire first strikes so it would be for the RAP 4 and Chaser Eraser pistols
-----
well this is a thread about future technologies eventually these kinds of features will be available in paintball ammo count compass maybe some info on where your team is and how many of you are left gun cams and the ability to see through a team mates camera range finder those things could probably be done now
-----
I meant for the shell to not be effected bye water not the paint
-----
both
-----
why not
-----
not if you wanted your use your marker like a pistol or with a small compact pump marker im meaning small round ones more similar in capcility to a Co2 sparklet or with the same capcility to the 13CI one but more circular also some small fiber wrapped small tanks would be nice
-----
it wont always be though
-----
that's why I said better ones
-----
yeah they haven't given any updated on it for a while
You couldn't like, quote me? I'm not scrolling up and down to read your answers to my answers lol
Old 04-04-2013, 10:01 PM #70
crisscross1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Call Me Rain View Post
The best upgrade for an EGO is a new owner ~

You couldn't like, quote me? I'm not scrolling up and down to read your answers to my answers lol
Some mods don't like it when people keep quoting large posts it can stretch the page.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:00 AM #71
crisscross1993

I just read about a old school paintball gun that uses gunpowder as a propellant and looks and fires like a mac 10 it looked epic I think it would be cool if we started seeing more things like that.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:28 AM #72
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Some mods don't like it when people keep quoting large posts it can stretch the page.
Never ever seen that happen before but k.
Quote:
I just read about a old school paintball gun that uses gunpowder as a propellant and looks and fires like a mac 10 it looked epic I think it would be cool if we started seeing more things like that.
That sounds like a terribly dangerous idea
Old 04-05-2013, 09:35 AM #73
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
There's a reason that marker is now illegal. I believe it became classified as a full auto firearm, and became very restricted to own. It did however, get a ton of freaking shots of one of those camping propane tanks.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:52 AM #74
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefe13 View Post
There's a reason that marker is now illegal. I believe it became classified as a full auto firearm, and became very restricted to own. It did however, get a ton of freaking shots of one of those camping propane tanks.
k, found my answer
Old 04-05-2013, 11:22 AM #75
crisscross1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefe13 View Post
I think your confusing that with the Tippman C3 the marker i read about had self contained cartridge that used gunpowder as the propellant like a normal gun, i think the main thing hindering paintball is the strict rules people have to play by 300 fps max paintball size as .70 only and limitations on what kind of propellant people will allow

personalty i would like to see some paintball markers and masks that fired at higher velocities and are safe at higher velocities it would mainly be cool to use with first strikes

Edit as far as i know the C3 isn't illegal
Old 04-05-2013, 11:23 PM #76
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I think your confusing that with the Tippman C3 the marker i read about had self contained cartridge that used gunpowder as the propellant like a normal gun, i think the main thing hindering paintball is the strict rules people have to play by 300 fps max paintball size as .70 only and limitations on what kind of propellant people will allow

personalty i would like to see some paintball markers and masks that fired at higher velocities and are safe at higher velocities it would mainly be cool to use with first strikes

Edit as far as i know the C3 isn't illegal
Are you daft? Shoot HARDER/FASTER with FIRST STRIKES?!

like, omg.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:04 AM #77
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Para Ordnance Model 85 is the MAC-10 looking gun. They're not restricted or illegal, they're just rare. They do turn up on here from time to time in the BST section.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Mod.85 was the inspiration for (or reversed, was inspired by) Simunition.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:31 AM #78
hopper.23
Why Not...

hopper.23 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hopper.23 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
This
hopper.23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:43 AM #79
greatsoccerman

i guess this isn't so much paintball technology but different shapes and sizes on bunkers. that would be interesting to see other than the regular shapes. technology wise for cheaper paint we need cheaper ways to ship and package. New body designs would be cool. all of the look either like the ego or dye matrix. double or single stack. just some ideas, but as far as upgrading guns I don't think it can go to much farther without some break thro in technology itself. maybe make the guns fit better in your hands, more comfortable, maybe a bolt or gun that is really soft on the paint and wont chop.
greatsoccerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:45 AM #80
greatsoccerman

another thing that would be cool. is like a blue tooth head set in the mask, but you would have to make a dead box so when a player is out they go in there and have to either take it off and a ref is in there or there is no service in the dead box. probably a little on the expensive side tho. would be cool to be able to hear the coach on the D side
greatsoccerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:05 PM #81
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatsoccerman View Post
i guess this isn't so much paintball technology but different shapes and sizes on bunkers. that would be interesting to see other than the regular shapes. technology wise for cheaper paint we need cheaper ways to ship and package. New body designs would be cool. all of the look either like the ego or dye matrix. double or single stack. just some ideas, but as far as upgrading guns I don't think it can go to much farther without some break thro in technology itself. maybe make the guns fit better in your hands, more comfortable, maybe a bolt or gun that is really soft on the paint and wont chop.
Okay so, you've basically sumarized this whole thread, but if you'd like I can give you a link to all of the best markers on the market. (In terms of efficiency, smoothness, etc.)
lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatsoccerman View Post
another thing that would be cool. is like a blue tooth head set in the mask, but you would have to make a dead box so when a player is out they go in there and have to either take it off and a ref is in there or there is no service in the dead box. probably a little on the expensive side tho. would be cool to be able to hear the coach on the D side
That ruins part of the sport. I think it's one of the icons of paintball; screaming to each other in a frenzy.