Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-19-2013, 11:25 PM #1
juztinrf

techt L7 bolt engine issues. . .g3 iq

Soooo installed my new techt l7 bolt engine today. Made my gun shoot like garbage!! Alittle bit of background. Gun is completly stock, only thing no other than bolt is the cp trigger i installed as well at same time as bolt. Its freaking awesome btw. I have always ran the gub with all dip switches down due to my field regs and just because i dont need any of that ****..i shoot fast enought. So put in l7 lubed the crap out of it with gun sav lube from techt as well...turn my regulator to down, then turned gun on...slowlyyy incressing pressure. Shot about 10 rounds around 360fps..gradually lowered pressure until i got a pretty good average right around 300fps. . .now the consistantcy of my chrono was amazing +\- 8fps shot after shot. However, this thing is the most inaccurate gun ive ever shot now!! Ive messed with the dwell putting it on every setting possible with stock board and nothing changes. 30yards im lucky to hit a door 10 out of 20 shots!! Balls flying left right up down breaking chopping just terrible!! Id play better with a rental honestly. Put old bolt back in and shots almost exactly like it did prior. Not reallll accurate but still decent.

What am i doing wrong!!?? I know it has to be me..
juztinrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2013, 11:30 PM #2
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
Should not be the bolt. I'm guessing paintballs or barrel. our field recently went to using Echo and I hate it. Have to take the bags out of the box and let them breath for 30 minutes or so prior to use or they go everywhere. Prolly just coincidence that you also happened to change your bolt....Just a guess from a NewB though.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:08 AM #3
juztinrf

Cant be either the paint or barrel because when i put the old bolt in and turn all my dip switches back to stock it seems fine. Idkkkk
Old 01-20-2013, 12:13 AM #4
Yeti6669
Shoot 'em in the Face

Yeti6669 donated to help Peyton Trent
Yeti6669 posts videos on PbNation
Yeti6669 supports our troops
Yeti6669 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Yeti6669 is a top reviewer
Yeti6669 is Boss
What lube and how much are you using on the bolt? Sounds like you may have a bit of bolt stick or a dying battery.

Factory reset the board as well and don't change it until after it becomes consistent
Yeti6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:25 AM #5
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com

Trigger Finger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti6669 View Post
What lube and how much are you using on the bolt? Sounds like you may have a bit of bolt stick or a dying battery.

Factory reset the board as well and don't change it until after it becomes consistent
this and also buy better paint.

My Gear Bag Sale!!! Click Me!
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:29 AM #6
CA_Tectonics

Quote:

The OP did say "....lubed the crap out of it with gun sav lube...." so I'm also thinking there is too much lube and/or on the face of the bolt stop causing some bolt stick.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:31 AM #7
Yeti6669
Shoot 'em in the Face

Yeti6669 is Boss
A little gun sav goes a long way
Old 01-20-2013, 12:40 AM #8
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
A little gun sav goes a long way
FACT!!!

Just fired up the Threshy today with gunsav on a TechT bolt. I used about the size of a standard pencil eraser's worth of lube total for the bolt stop, front o-ring, sail o-ring, surface of the front half of the bolt, and the tail of the bolt.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 01-20-2013, 01:08 AM #9
juztinrf

It is gun sav from techt and i used pro ly the same amount as a pencil eraser too..nothing more that ive ever used on stock bolt. At first it had air leaking out of the bolt where the ball sits so before i even shot it i removed bolt thinking bolt stop was backwards with oring facing wrong way but that wasnt the case. Put it back in and stopped leaking but just inaccurate as ****. Idk if this means anything or not but that did happen. Hassss to be sticking i would assume. I used the best paint my field has to offer....with that being said, idk if its good or not. Nelson brand and what my field says is grade 5...better be good for damn near $60 a case. Any suggestions for bolt stick prevention? Or just keep shooting the **** out of it...maybe it needs the ol "break in". I probly shot atleast 600 rounds thru it today and didnt get any better
Old 01-20-2013, 01:15 AM #10
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by juztinrf View Post
It is gun sav from techt and i used pro ly the same amount as a pencil eraser too..nothing more that ive ever used on stock bolt. At first it had air leaking out of the bolt where the ball sits so before i even shot it i removed bolt thinking bolt stop was backwards with oring facing wrong way but that wasnt the case. Put it back in and stopped leaking but just inaccurate as ****. Idk if this means anything or not but that did happen. Hassss to be sticking i would assume. I used the best paint my field has to offer....with that being said, idk if its good or not. Nelson brand and what my field says is grade 5...better be good for damn near $60 a case. Any suggestions for bolt stick prevention? Or just keep shooting the **** out of it...maybe it needs the ol "break in". I probly shot atleast 600 rounds thru it today and didnt get any better
sounds like too much lube. you only need to lube the orings and the stem that inserts in the bolt stop. the orings should look shiny with no excess lube over them.

as for paint, the one field i play at charges 100 dollars a case and it is absolutely ****. sounds like the nelson that you are using aint to bad but there is a chance you got a bad case or the weather played a factor in making it shoot worse.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:15 AM #11
CA_Tectonics

It will need a break-in period but what I don't get is if you were getting +/- 8 fps over the chrono, you are getting decent consistency which rules out a lot of possibilities and points directly at the paint. Things like low battery, bolt stick, and too low dwell would all show inconsistency over the chrono.

Were you bore matching, underboring, or overboring? Were the paintballs oblong, out of round, and/or dimpled at all? Things like this would tend to be the cause of inaccuracy with relatively good consistency.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:29 AM #12
juztinrf

You guys are making alot of sense. . . .i can understand how it was chronoing well but not accurate. Hell couldve been simply a bad box of paint..either way im gonna wipe down any excess lube and get another case of paint. . . .just completely restart. But until then..the other half of this 2000 paintballs is gonna get burned thru trying to get a break in done..
Old 01-20-2013, 01:31 AM #13
juztinrf

I see you guys are all running this bolt engine too...did ya'll have to mess with anyyyy of the dip switches after installing bolt? Before i just ran with all six of them down..is jacking with any of them even gonna be needed?
Old 01-20-2013, 01:38 AM #14
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com

Quote:
I see you guys are all running this bolt engine too...did ya'll have to mess with anyyyy of the dip switches after installing bolt? Before i just ran with all six of them down..is jacking with any of them even gonna be needed?
leave the settings stock until you put at least 10 cases through it. i have over 80 cases through my spec-r with the bolt engine and im able to run my dwell at 9 or 10 depending on the weather.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:55 AM #15
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
You guys are making alot of sense. . . .i can understand how it was chronoing well but not accurate. Hell couldve been simply a bad box of paint..either way im gonna wipe down any excess lube and get another case of paint. . . .just completely restart. But until then..the other half of this 2000 paintballs is gonna get burned thru trying to get a break in done..
Good use of bad paint (if that is the case).

Quote:
When first dropping in a TechT engine, it is a good idea to run it with the stock settings for a bit to break in the bolt and o-rings. Once broken in, you can then change settings if you want.

As for your question, all switches down is semi with a noid dwell of 12ms. What you may want to do is put all down except for the 5th one (2nd from right). This will put you in semi with a dwell of 14. I'd stick with that for a bit or maybe even all down but the last one (#6 - giving you a dwell of 16ms). These aren't going to be as air efficient BUT, they may help with consistency (which in turn is a big part of accuracy). Run it with the dwell at 14ms for a bit and see if it improves at all. After a few cases, you can probably drop the dwell back down to 12ms .
Old 01-23-2013, 06:34 PM #16
juztinrf

I wiped downthe entire bolt and inside of the gun and basically started over...lubed the bolt back up just getting o rings wet basically and very minor lube on rest of the bolt..basically just getting it all wet no matter how durty that sounds..acurracy has improved a bit. However i think i pretty much figured out the rest of it...random paintballs would get stuck in the feed neck not falling down to the eyes. That tells me this damn paint is jacked and all warped up...not helping. So im feeling pretty confident that once i get a new box of paint ill be back to normal!! ...now with that being said. . .any suggestions on a new barrel?? I want to keep orginal orange color but dont think anybody is gonna match that color so i was looking at the techt ifit boring kit. . . . . . . . .anybody use this????
Old 01-23-2013, 06:48 PM #17
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
Yeti seems to like the iFit and I trust that dude a little
Old 01-23-2013, 07:05 PM #18
jkaemmerer
Redemption #08

jkaemmerer plays in the MiLP
jkaemmerer supports Team VICIOUS
jkaemmerer plays in the APPA D5 division
DeadlyWind Fibur w/ Freak Kit. Best barrel on the planet.
J.K. #08
jkaemmerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:09 PM #19
Yeti6669
Shoot 'em in the Face

Yeti6669 is Boss
If you want a kit, the shadow or shift kits are awesome. The ifit is your best option if you want to stay stock. Not a fan of the freak because the tolerances on the inserts vary too much for my liking
Old 01-23-2013, 08:08 PM #20
xmc1146
Mount Vernon, Wa

xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
If you want a kit, the shadow or shift kits are awesome. The ifit is your best option if you want to stay stock. Not a fan of the freak because the tolerances on the inserts vary too much for my liking
you just reminded why i stayed away from freak kits for so so so long. but i love the SS inserts i bought from you.
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:36 AM #21
Yeti6669
Shoot 'em in the Face

Yeti6669 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmc1146 View Post

you just reminded why i stayed away from freak kits for so so so long. but i love the SS inserts i bought from you.
The SS ones are the only ones I will use.