Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-20-2013, 03:11 PM #22
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
You guys are getting this guy all pumped up over nothing. Slight dimples will go away if he just rotates it.

Your paint is fine. It may not be top quality but it won't cause you to have a crappy day of play.

Cold does affect your paint and make it more brittle. This is why you DO NOT want paint that breaks easily for normal play. If you play in the cold, the cheaper bouncy stuff is exactly what you want, because it will get brittle from the temperature but still work fine. You should actually adjust your gun for cold weather play as well.....if possible.

Out of curiosity, what brand of paint did you buy? Type of gun and hopper?

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2013, 03:52 AM #23
lp04
SNIPER

lp04 plays in the PSP
lp04 donated to help Peyton Trent
lp04 plays in the APPA D4 division
lp04 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
go put your paint in your gun and shoot people, have a good time while doing it

Lone Star Vapor Supply
Backroad Premium E-Juice
lp04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:27 PM #24
die.another.day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post

Yes, the the higher the grade, the higher the effect on the paint.

btw, if you want to store paint for long periods of time, what you need to do is put it in an airtight container and add some rice. The rice will absorb the moisture and increase the time you can store paint from a month to several months. Possibly getting better because the rice dries the paint out.

Recently, in the back of my closet I found some PMI premium stored in a pod who what has to be at least 8-9 months with some rice and it breaks like eggshells. It would be nice except the paint has started to grow bubbles(like dimples, but its from more force coming from the paint inside than the outside; the paint is actually under a small amount of pressure because when paintballs are first made they are almost an inch across full of paint and then shrink to .68)

And don't worry about paint on the outside of the shell, there is paint on the inside from the day they are made and that doesn't ruin the paint. Just make sure you dry it off so they fly straight.

an ego will fire underwater, I don't think a bit of paint is going to hurt it.
Lol i tried that once and the board got ****ed. Ego 07
die.another.day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:34 PM #25
MstrKey

For the record, electonic guns don't work under water lol.

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
Old 01-21-2013, 05:51 PM #26
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by die.another.day View Post
Lol i tried that once and the board got ****ed. Ego 07
It was a hyperbole, don't actually try and fire an ego underwater.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:24 PM #27
holden_raisinbread

holden_raisinbread is playing at Living Legends VI
holden_raisinbread owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I am new to the sport and i was wondering what would be the best paint for my
spyder fenix 68 caliber.
holden_raisinbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:28 PM #28
ttimberlak443
aaaaaaaand its gone

ttimberlak443 supports Team VICIOUS
ttimberlak443 posts videos on PbNation
ttimberlak443 plays in the APPA beginner division
ttimberlak443 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by holden_raisinbread View Post
I am new to the sport and i was wondering what would be the best paint for my
spyder fenix 68 caliber.

mid-grade stuff should work great. Don't get the super cheap Walmart stuff, but also don't get the nice premium stuff. Try to get something along the lines of Valken Field/Infinity or G.I 1 Star.
ttimberlak443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:34 PM #29
FalconPunchKid
St. Louis Hustle

Annual Supporting Member
FalconPunchKid is BST Legit
FalconPunchKid is playing at Living Legends VII
FalconPunchKid owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FalconPunchKid plays in the APPA D4 division
FalconPunchKid supports DLX Technology
FalconPunchKid supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by nooballer88 View Post
So I bought my first case of paint ever from an online store for around $42 and when it got to me there were 2 broken balls in one of the bags, and none in the others. Is that normal to have breaks when you buy paint? I imagine buying from the store is equally risky since they get it shipped to them, too?

Also, how can I quality check it? What are some things I can look for maybe? hardness? anything like this would be really good to know I think.

Paintball is a lot of fun and I'm just getting into it now. I appreciate all the help I can get!

Even the most expensive brands will have a few breaks every now and then. 2 out of 2000 isn't to bad.

Anthony Antle
FalconPunchKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:35 PM #30
super_stanchy
the man with no plan

Annual Supporting Member
super_stanchy works for a Paintball manufacturer
super_stanchy plays in the PSP
super_stanchy supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttimberlak443 View Post
mid-grade stuff should work great. Don't get the super cheap Walmart stuff, but also don't get the nice premium stuff. Try to get something along the lines of Valken Field/Infinity or G.I 1 Star.
bingo.

if you want to get fancy and check your paint, take a couple balls, drop them from shoulder height on cement, it should break

if it doesnt, its gonna be a little bouncy, is it the end of the world? no.

i shoot low/mid range paint every week, i NEVER do the drop tests, i do a quick bore match and go.

as a new player you dont need to buy the crazy expensive ultra premium crazy brittle paint.

buy the $30-$50 stuff (depending on your local stores prices)

i always support my local stores, (nw ambush, rush paintball, gearheadz, oregon paintball, xtremez, village vendor/gas station, big 5, dicks, sports authority, GI Joes, etc)

you'll be surprised at how many places will sell paint, and you wont need to get it shipped to your house unless your hours from civilization

also.... shipping methods for store vs personal is different, stores receive PALLETS of paint, that stays flat at all times, uses a cart to move it, etc

home delivery via usps/ups/fedex will be a guy carrying your box, throwing your box, etc, because its 1 single box, not a 4 foot x 4 foot x 8 foot mountain of boxes all tied together
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:22 AM #31
MstrKey

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_stanchy View Post
bingo.

if you want to get fancy and check your paint, take a couple balls, drop them from shoulder height on cement, it should break

if it doesnt, its gonna be a little bouncy, is it the end of the world? no.

i shoot low/mid range paint every week, i NEVER do the drop tests, i do a quick bore match and go.

as a new player you dont need to buy the crazy expensive ultra premium crazy brittle paint.

buy the $30-$50 stuff (depending on your local stores prices)

i always support my local stores, (nw ambush, rush paintball, gearheadz, oregon paintball, xtremez, village vendor/gas station, big 5, dicks, sports authority, GI Joes, etc)

you'll be surprised at how many places will sell paint, and you wont need to get it shipped to your house unless your hours from civilization

also.... shipping methods for store vs personal is different, stores receive PALLETS of paint, that stays flat at all times, uses a cart to move it, etc

home delivery via usps/ups/fedex will be a guy carrying your box, throwing your box, etc, because its 1 single box, not a 4 foot x 4 foot x 8 foot mountain of boxes all tied together
Exactly. One thing people unfamiliar with paintball don't understand is.......to shoot the cheapest paint, and the most expensive paint, you need the more expensive(high performance) guns. It's sort of an irony of paintball. On the other hand, if you buy a cheap gun, you need to spend a little more on paint and get the mid range rec grade stuff.

If you go to your pro shop ahead of time, tell them which gun you have and ask about paint, they'll probably point you in the proper direction. Any decent pro shop will at least.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:24 AM #32
thenoob23
ADK

thenoob23 is playing at Living Legends VI
thenoob23 supports Team VICIOUS
I use marbalizer and evil in my gog envy and geo
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
thenoob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:38 PM #33
PsychoticSteve23
Bang Bang

Annual Supporting Member
PsychoticSteve23 is playing at Living Legends VII
PsychoticSteve23 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PsychoticSteve23 supports Team VICIOUS
PsychoticSteve23 supports Team VICIOUS
PsychoticSteve23 is Legendary
PsychoticSteve23 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoob23 View Post
LIFE STYLE,You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball....
I like your sig. Paintball really is its only little world.

For weekend play i like using the $45 x-ball from Sports Authority. It breaks much better then the $35 boxes anywhere.