Parasite
Not Amused

Annual Supporting Member
Parasite is a Moderator
Parasite is a Supporting Member
Parasite is a founding member
Parasite is BST Legit
Parasite donated to help Peyton Trent
What Etek parts / spares do you carry to the field with you?

An Etek3 joined my paintball family recently - yay!

I'm usually the sort who carries a whole mess of parts for any guns me/my team have with us that day - but tbh, I'm trying to get away from that. I'm trying to adopt a 'less is more' mentality, so help me outfit my gear bag to a reasonable level:
  • What, if any, extra parts or spares do you bring to the field with you?
  • Have you ever had an Etek go down and not had the parts on hand? What parts had you wished you brought?

TIA!

"When people get a little too chummy with me
I like to call them by the wrong name
to let them know I donít really care about them."

My oldschool PBN Feedback +48 Positive/ZERO negative : before the days of this "fancy" feedback system.
Parasite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2013, 01:49 PM #2
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
I haven't had a chance to bring my personal Etek to the field, but a couple of my teammates have them.

Things you'll want to bring:
HPR o-rings
LPR o-rings
Rammer o-rings
Oil
ASA o-rings (rare, but they'll probably blow once every season or two)
Spare bolt spring/plunger to hold the pin in (Having seen numerous hits on the bolt pin and seeing only one time where they were needed, I'd say they're worth it)
Solenoid gasket (I've seen someone accidentally set their HPR WAY too high on accident and damage their gasket)

That's about all I can think of at the moment for spare part's you'll want to bring with. I've wanted almost all of these (minus the oil) at one point or another when attempting to repair their markers.

EΔRL
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:53 PM #3
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Just bring the spares bag that came with the marker...that should cover what ever you run into.

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:52 PM #4
Mason74

Mason74 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Mason74 supports Team VICIOUS
Mason74 is for the Gunfight
Mason74 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I've had my etek4 a few months. Never had a breakdown at the field, yet. That said I primarily shoot my pm8.

I usually just have the list ares gave u for the etek4, plus a spare macro line in the off chance that needs replacing.

While u did not ask about this specifically, but since it sounds like u got a lot of clutter, basically, I figured I would share something that helps me keep my **** organized -

I bought this kit to help organize my tools without taking up a ton of space, since there are times I only need them and not parts to work on my gun, help a friend out, etc,http://m.lowes.com/pd_115462-86580-S...t&facetInf o= that way I just have my Allen wrenches, dental picks, needle nose pliers and a set of small screwdrivers (like the ones for glasses) just in case - and they all fit in the kobalt pouch.

I keep the parts for each gun though in their own individual small single level tackle box (kinda like the one sold by the manufacturers that sell their entire parts kits) so I only take the parts I need with me to the field. Follow me?
Mason74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:04 PM #5
theVicious1

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycon View Post
Just bring the spares bag that came with the marker...that should cover what ever you run into.
^^^this. And realistically, with proper maintenance you won't need any spare parts at the field. My etek 3 hasn't gone down on the field once, except due to low batteries, and I've had it since they launched. Pe makes super reliable, bulletproof markers.
theVicious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:17 PM #6
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

msweeneygt owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
msweeneygt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
msweeneygt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Both above post are REALLY informative. Planet Eclipse guns are built like tanks. Just keep them happy and they will keep you happy. But in all seriousness if I were to list what I would recommend to carry with you to games would be the following, and only because I am one of those guys that check my gear and guns two consecutive days before every game.

*2-3 high quality name brand batteries
*Comprehensive o-ring kit (all o-rings contained in the gun)
*PE (or equivalent) allen set
*PE oil and lube (or equivalent)
*Replacement eyes
*Replacemnent detents
*Replacement exhaust valve
*In the worst case scenario a replacement board and solenoid
Planet Eclipse Etek w/. Star frame, 08 Ego expansion board, Etek 2 regulator, Ego10 OOPS ASA, SLS Cure 3+ bolt w/. inserts, Zick kit, Kila detents, Violent thumbwheel, PE red laser eyes, Shaft 4 barrel kit w/. all backs and fronts, both Bump pistons.
V3 Dye Rotor w/. Virtue board
114/4500 Carleton w/. Myth reg

Ego/Etek Parts FS/T
msweeneygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:27 AM #7
Parasite
Not Amused

Annual Supporting Member
Parasite is a Moderator
Parasite is a Supporting Member
Parasite is a founding member
Parasite is BST Legit
Parasite donated to help Peyton Trent
Thanks everyone for their help, I think I've got a good idea of where I'm going with things now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason74 View Post
While u did not ask about this specifically, but since it sounds like u got a lot of clutter, basically, I figured I would share something that helps me keep my **** organized -

I bought this kit to help organize my tools without taking up a ton of space, since there are times I only need them and not parts to work on my gun, help a friend out, etc,http://m.lowes.com/pd_115462-86580-S...t&facetInf o= that way I just have my Allen wrenches, dental picks, needle nose pliers and a set of small screwdrivers (like the ones for glasses) just in case - and they all fit in the kobalt pouch.

I keep the parts for each gun though in their own individual small single level tackle box (kinda like the one sold by the manufacturers that sell their entire parts kits) so I only take the parts I need with me to the field. Follow me?
Its funny you link that Lowe's product, I bought this Wera screwdriver kit a few years ago, and have been using it for paintball lately:

I love how small the kit is, and the unique tips allow it to fit into small recesses (such as hopper screws, etc)

You're right about the clutter, I usually travel with this parts bin, filled to the hilt (this thing is about 18" wide):

So, I'm trying to get away from lugging that big thing around. First step is to bring only the essentials. As far as tools, I think I will get a roll to place them in (not my tools):

Tool rolls seem to save alot of space, and I can just chuck it in the bag. Then I'll find a few small bead boxes (btw, these things are great - if you look close, you'll see they have curved bottoms for easy removal of beads - which works great for small parts):

I think with those two things I'll be good to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theVicious1 View Post
And realistically, with proper maintenance you won't need any spare parts at the field. My etek 3 hasn't gone down on the field once, except due to low batteries, and I've had it since they launched. Pe makes super reliable, bulletproof markers.
This is exactly what I needed to hear guys, thanks!

"When people get a little too chummy with me
I like to call them by the wrong name
to let them know I donít really care about them."

My oldschool PBN Feedback +48 Positive/ZERO negative : before the days of this "fancy" feedback system.
Parasite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:03 PM #8
Sinister1983
BooSTIn

Sinister1983 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sinister1983 plays in the APPA beginner division
I have a small box like the one above that holds my rebuild kit, grease, batteries, o ring pick and I keep the oil in the original case as that goes to the field too.

SPONSORS:
Outlaw Paintball | Pbrack | Virtue | Exalt | G Ahrens Photography | Yates Brothers Motor Company, Inc
Sinister1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:13 PM #9
sigmanugary

sigmanugary owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Parasite that black kit bag above is pretty slick.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:18 PM #10
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends VII
Tool rolls are the way to go. I carry all my tools in one. Much easier to take with me.
Having the extra space is great when I know I will be at a field teching others markers all day.